Have you tried Grape nuts ice cream at home? This winning combination of cereal and ice cream is a popular dessert in Canada, Jamaica, and England. If you want to have grape nuts in a delicious creamy dessert, read the full article and try this recipe.
There’s no surprise that grape nuts and milk have been a well-known healthy and delicious combination. It contains malted barley flour, whole-grain wheat flour, salt, and dried yeast. It’s a versatile ingredient for modern-day meals. Besides, the Grape nuts ice cream makes the best cereal-flavored dessert. So, here’s the recipe for Grape nuts ice cream.
To make grape nuts ice cream, prepare the ice cream base by adding warm cream to the mixture of egg yolk and sugar in a bowl. Place the bowl on a saucepan containing water over medium heat and whisk until the temperature of the mixture reaches 170 C. Pour chilled milk and salt let it set. Add Grape nuts and vanilla extract, mix them well and refrigerate for at least 1.5 hours.
Have a look at the instructions below to make grape nuts ice cream. If you need an egg-free version of this recipe, a reference video is provided below in the recipe card. Don’t forget to rate this amazing recipe. Do share it with your friends and family. Save it for later or some special occasion.
Grape Nut Ice-Cream Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Ice-cream cups
- Measuring cups
- Storage container
- 1 cup Grape nut cereal (more for garnish)
- 2 cups Heavy cream (warmed)
- 6 Large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Take the egg yolks in a medium bowl and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow in color.
- To the mixture in the bowl, add warmed cream in a slow and steady stream, mixing constantly. When the mixture is combined and smooth, place the bowl over the saucepan containing warm water over medium heat.
- The bottom of the bowl must not touch the water. Whisk the mixture constantly for about 10 minutes until the mixture reaches the temperature of 170 degrees. Your ice cream base is ready.
- Add chilled milk and salt to the mixture and whisk to combine. Pour the mixture into a storage container and refrigerate for 1 hour until it's thoroughly chilled.
- Add this ice cream base to the ice cream maker. Add 3/4 cups of grape nuts cereal and vanilla extract. Process it according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of grape nuts to the frozen mixture and mix it well. Add the mixture to an airtight bowl and freeze in the refrigerator for at least 1.5 hours before serving.
- Garnish with some additional cereals, if desired.