Cranberries are a Thanksgiving staple. They make their presence in different dishes. But cranberry sauce is a traditional condiment that dates back to the 1630s. Therefore, I’m going to share with you an amazing grandma’s cranberry sauce recipe to make your feast a lot more special.
Grandma’s cranberry sauce recipe is made with simple ingredients. You need a bag of sweet, sour, nutritious cranberries, oranges, apples, pecans, and sugar. All these ingredients come together to make a divine cranberry sauce.
This recipe needs just 15 minutes of preparation time, and then you gotta leave it to rest and release its flavors for two days. This recipe yields 20 servings.
So, are you excited to check out this mouthwatering sauce recipe? Come, let’s check it out.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes That You Can Try
- Scalloped Oysters
- Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
- Buttermilk Spoon Bread
- Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Spatchcocked Smoked Turkey
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
- Deli Turkey
- Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Grandma’s Corn Pudding
- Turkey Carcass Soup
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe?
- Food Processor – You will need a food processor to make grandma’s cranberry sauce recipe.
- Bowl – A bowl will be needed to transfer the prepared sauce.
- Refrigerator – A refrigerator will be needed to store the sauce.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||2 Days 10 Minutes Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Days||2 Days 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe?
- Cranberries – To make grandma’s cranberry sauce, you will need good quality 12-ounce cranberries.
- Oranges – to add citrus notes to the sauce, you will need two navel oranges, washed thoroughly, unpeeled, and cut into quarters.
- Apples – peeled, cored, and halved – To add some texture to the sauce, we will add three apples (optional).
- Pecans – One cup of pecans will add a nutty and sweet flavor to the cranberry sauce.
- White Sugar – To balance the sour flavors of cranberries, you will need one cup of white sugar. You can also adjust the sugar according to your liking.
Steps To Make Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Place the cranberries, oranges, apples, pecans, and sugar in a food processor. Process all the ingredients for 2-3 minutes until evenly ground. Pour the sauce into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least two days before serving.
How To Serve Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe?
Grandma’s cranberry sauce is an incredibly versatile condiment. You can pair it with many food items. Below is a list to enjoy this sauce in many ways.
- On A Toast – You can use grandma’s cranberry sauce as a jam on toast. It tastes amazing on its own. For more fun, try pairing it with peanut butter or cream cheese on the toast.
- Plain Yogurt – Plain yogurt pairs well with everything. So, make the best use of it by adding some cranberry sauce to it for a healthy snack.
- Drizzling Purpose – Cranberry sauce can also be used to drizzle over ice cream, cakes, pancakes, and waffles.
- Glaze – Cranberry sauce with turkey is a well-known combination. But did you know you can also pair it with chicken, pork, and beef as a glaze?
- Smoothies – You can also use grandma’s cranberry sauce in a smoothie. Try it out, and thank me later!
- Meatballs – Try tossing up meatballs in cranberry sauce mixed with chili sauce, cumin, and black pepper. This dish would make an excellent entree!
- Salad Dressing – Salad dressings are made using sweet and sour ingredients. Therefore, what can be better than using some cranberry sauce to add a delightful mix of flavors to your salad?
How To Store Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe?
Homemade grandma’s cranberry sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for 10 to 14 days. You can also freeze the sauce in a covered, airtight container for about two months. This sauce should not be left outside.
|Vitamin C||12 milligrams|
What Will Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe Look And Taste Like?
Grandma’s cranberry sauce tastes absolutely spectacular! The mix of cranberries, oranges, apples, and pecans delivers a delicious sweet and sour flavor. This sauce also looks festive with its red color. Try out this sauce recipe with the combinations mentioned above for a delightful meal experience.
Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounce Cranberries
- 2 Navel Oranges
- 3 Apples
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 cup White Sugar, or to taste
- Place the cranberries, oranges, apples, pecans, and sugar in a food processor.
- Process all the ingredients for 2-3 minutes until evenly ground.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least two days before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should cranberry sauce be served cold?
The cranberry sauce can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Is cranberry sauce still good if left out overnight?
Cranberry sauce, if left outside, is prone to getting spoilt.
How can we use cranberry sauce?
Cranberry sauce can be used in many ways. You use it like jam, add it to smoothies and plain yogurt, and use its drizzle over cakes, pancakes, waffles, and muffins. You can also add it to salad dressing or pair it with chicken, pork, and beef.
Is cranberry sauce good for your health?
Cranberry sauce is great for health. It contains many nutrients.
Try out grandma’s cranberry sauce and tell me how it turned out to be and how you used it in the comments section below. Don’t forget to check out more holiday recipes on our website.