A Thanksgiving meal is incomplete without delectable side dishes served alongside turkey. Therefore, I have a super easy and flavorful Grandma’s corn pudding recipe for you. Try it out, and thank me later!
Grandma’s corn pudding is a comfort food at its best. It is a creamy custard-like pudding that uses whole corn and cream-style corn. It tastes sweet and savory. This dish also features cornstarch as a thickening agent.
Although this dish is associated with Thanksgiving, you can make it year-long for big gatherings. That’s because it takes 10 minutes to prepare and is perfect for large gatherings.
To make grandma’s corn pudding, we mix the dry ingredients in an egg, milk, butter, sugar, and cornstarch mixture. All the ingredients are placed in a pan and left for baking.
Check out how to make grandma’s corn pudding recipe using the steps below. Read on to find out how to store this dish and serving options.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes That You Can Try
- Scalloped Oysters
- Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
- Buttermilk Spoon Bread
- Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Spatchcocked Smoked Turkey
- Turkey Avocado Sandwich
- Deli Turkey
- Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- Grandma’s Cranberry Sauce
- Turkey Carcass Soup
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Corn Pudding?
- Oven – You will need an oven to bake the dish.
- Casserole Dish – A casserole dish will be required to bake the corn pudding.
- Bowl – A bowl will be needed to mix the ingredients.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Corn Pudding?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Corn Pudding?
- Eggs – To make grandma’s corn pudding, you will need five large eggs to bind the ingredients together.
- Butter – To add a buttery flavor and fat content to the dish, you will need one-third cup butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- Sugar – To add some sweetness to the dish, you will need one-fourth cup of white sugar.
- Milk – To create a custard texture, we will use half a cup of milk.
- Cornstarch – A Grandma’s corn pudding should have a custard-like consistency. To create this, we will need ¼ cup cornstarch.
- Whole Kernel Corn – Corn is the main ingredient; you will need 15.25 ounces (1 can) of drained whole kernel corn.
- Cream-Style Corn – To add some texture, we will also need 14.75 ounces (2 cans) of cream-style corn.
Steps To Make Grandma’s Corn Pudding
1. Prepare The Corn Pudding
Before starting your preparation for grandma’s corn pudding, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Whisk the eggs lightly in a large bowl and add milk, melted butter, sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk until well combined. Stir in drained corn and cream-style corn until fully blended.
2. Bake The Corn Pudding
Pour the prepared corn pudding mixture into the greased casserole dish. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about one hour until the crust turns golden brown.
What Dishes Pair Well With Grandma’s Corn Pudding?
Grandma’s corn pudding can be served alongside almost any main dish. You can pair it up with turkey, roast chicken, chicken drumsticks, grilled steaks, ham, and anything you can imagine. You can also serve it as a vegetarian main dish alongside a salad or some roasted vegetables, roasted potatoes, baked beans, and with crusty bread.
How To Store Leftover Grandma’s Corn Pudding?
Enjoyed your fruits of toil by indulging in grandma’s corn pudding and wondering what to do with the remaining? Here’s what you should do. Before storing the corn pudding, allow the casserole to cool down and transfer the leftovers to an airtight container. You can store the corn pudding in the refrigerator for up to five days.
To consume the refrigerated grandma’s corn pudding, reheat it in the microwave or oven.
You can also freeze grandma’s corn pudding for up to three months in the freezer. However, while doing so, remember that its texture may change during thawing since corn pudding contains dairy.
If you plan to freeze the corn pudding, it would be best to cook it in a foil pan. Before freezing, allow the dish to cool completely and wrap the whole pan tightly in a cling wrap. Double-seal the dish with a layer of aluminum foil.
To eat the frozen corn pudding, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat the corn pudding in the oven or the microwave.
|Saturated Fat||6 grams|
|Vitamin C||43 milligram|
What Will Grandma’s Corn Pudding Look And Taste Like?
Grandma’s corn pudding is a cross between cornbread and a soufflé. It has a sweet and savory flavor. The best part about digging in a corn pudding is the comforting texture it provides.
As for the looks, grandma’s corn pudding recipe takes over a sunny golden color on top. It looks beautiful and tastes delicious.
Grandma’s Corn Pudding Recipe
- 15.25 ounces Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 14.75 ounces Cream-Style Corn
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Cornstarch
- 5 large Eggs
- ⅓ cup Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup Milk
- Before starting your preparation for grandma's corn pudding, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Whisk the eggs lightly in a large bowl and add milk, melted butter, sugar, and cornstarch until well combined.
- Stir in drained corn and cream-style corn until fully blended.
- Pour the prepared corn pudding mixture into the greased casserole dish.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about one hour until the crust turns golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is grandma’s corn pudding made with?
Grandma’s corn pudding is made with eggs, butter, sugar, milk, cornstarch, whole-kernel corn, and creamy-style corn.
Is grandma’s corn pudding made with eggs?
Yes, grandma’s corn pudding is made with eggs and other ingredients.
Can corn pudding be reheated?
Yes, you can reheat corn pudding in the oven or microwave.
What can be served with corn pudding?
You can serve roast turkey, chicken, ham, beef, salad, potatoes, baked beans, and bread with corn pudding.
Should corn pudding be refrigerated?
Leftover corn pudding should be refrigerated in an airtight container.
How long does cornbread pudding last in the fridge?
Corn pudding can stay in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Does corn pudding freeze well?
Yes, you freeze corn pudding in an airtight container.
I hope you are excited to try out this easy grandma’s corn pudding recipe. Try it out and tell me how it turned out in the comments section below. For more such recipes, check out our website.