I find soups the most comforting and filling food items to have for a meal. If you add some noodles (as an ingredient) to the soup, you really don’t need anything else. So, this winter season, try out grandma’s chicken noodle soup recipe.
Grandma’s chicken noodle soup is a delicious concoction of egg noodles, chicken broth, chicken, and seasonings. Light in texture, this soup features vegetables like celery and onions.
Although this soup is great on flavors on its own, you can also add mushrooms, or any other vegetable of your choice to the ingredients list.
This soup gets ready in less than an hour and is good to serve 12 people. The best part about making this soup is that you can play with a lot of flavors.
The end result turns out to be delicious. So, check out this soup recipe, and add more herbs or toppings of your choice.
Other Starter Recipes That You Can Try
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
- Pork Belly Bites Recipe
- Fried Chicken Without Buttermilk Recipe
- Chicken-In-a-Biskit Strips Recipe
- Grilled Fish With Lemon Vegetable Sauce Recipe
- Sweet And Sour Fish Recipe
- Gluten-Free Monster Cookies Without Peanut Butter Recipe
- Spicy Panamanian Ceviche Recipe
- Bisquick Sausage Balls Recipe
- Flavorful Tuna Ceviche Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup?
- Pan – You will need a big pan or soup pot to make the soup.
- Bowl – A bowl will be needed to make the corn flour slurry.
- Ladle – A ladle will be required to mix the soup ingredients.
- Soup Bowl – A soup bowl will be needed to serve the soup.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||25 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup?
- Egg Noodles – To make grandma’s chicken noodle soup, we need 21/2 cups wide egg noodles.
- Chicken Meat – We also need 3 cups of diced and cooked chicken meat.
- Celery – One cup of chopped celery will make the soup flavorful.
- Onion – We will add one cup of chopped onion.
- Cornstarch – One-third cup cornstarch will help to thicken the soup a bit.
- Chicken Broth – Twelve cups of chicken broth will help prepare the base of a soup.
- Water – One-fourth cup of water will be required to make the cornstarch slurry.
- Vegetable Oil – One teaspoon of vegetable oil will help cook the vegetables.
- Poultry Seasoning – One teaspoon of poultry seasoning will add chicken flavors to the soup.
- Salt – One and half tablespoons of salt will balance the flavors.
Steps To Make Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Cook The Noodles
Take a large pot and bring salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for eight minutes, or until the noodles get cooked. Drain and rinse the noodles under cool running water to prevent them from further cooking.
2. Prepare The Soup
In a large saucepan, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning and bring to a boil. Add celery, and onion and reduce the heat, cover, and simmer the broth for fifteen minutes.
Mix cornstarch, and water together in a small bowl until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat for a few more minutes.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup Look And Taste Like?
Grandma’s chicken noodle soup is by far the most comforting soup. It is made with delicious homestyle chicken broth, herbs, seasonings, and noodles. This classic soup can be prepared in forty five minutes.
You can also customize it by adding vegetables of your choice or noodles. This soup fits perfectly for any occasion. You can also store this soup in the refrigerator for up to four days in an air-tight container.
Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Soup Bowl
- 2½ cups Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 12 cups Chicken Broth
- 1½ tablespoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- 1cup cup Onion (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken Meat (diced)
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add some oil and egg noodles, and boil the noodles for 8 minutes or until they get cooked. Drain and rinse the noodles under cool running water to prevent them from cooking further.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning and bring to a boil. Add celery and onion, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer the broth for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly.
- Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat for a few more minutes.
- Your soup is ready to be served.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much time does it take to make grandma’s chicken noodle soup?
Grandma’s chicken noodle soup takes 45 minutes to prepare.
What ingredients do we need to make grandma’s chicken noodle soup?
To make grandma’s chicken noodle soup, you need chicken, egg noodles, chicken broth, and poultry seasoning.
What can you add to grandma’s chicken noodle soup?
You can add fresh mushrooms, dried mushrooms, corn, tofu, or anything else you like.
What variations of chicken noodle soup are there?
There are many variations of chicken noodle soup like chipotle chicken noodle soup,
Try out grandma’s chicken noodle soup, and tell me how it turned out to be in the comments sections below. To find more recipes like these, visit our website.
[su_spoiler title=”Image Credits”]Cutco