Go for trifles when you feel just one layer of sweet delight is not enough! Gordon Ramsay’s trifle is one of the culinary masterpieces that you can try for Christmas. It has layers of raspberry jelly, custard, and whipped cream topped with berries. This delicious dessert is packed with exciting Christmas flavors and brings out the best of festive delight.
To get your gears going for the Christmas feast, add Gordon Ramsay’s trifle to the dessert buffet. It has crispy sponge fingers sandwiched between the layers of double cream and raspberry jelly. You can switch the raspberry liqueur and vanilla with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can check the thickness of the custard by checking the internal temperature (65 to 70 degree Celsius required) using a thermometer. Now, let’s check out the recipe instructions for recipe Gordon Ramsay’s trifle.
Have a look at the lists of instructions and equipment used in the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s trifle. Read the instructions carefully and try this recipe for Christmas. Enjoy this sensational dessert with your family. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas recipes below.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Martini
- Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine
- Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage
- Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie
- Gordon Ramsay New York Cheesecake
- Gordon Ramsay Coconut Pancakes
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Cake
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle?
- Bowl- You need a large glass bowl to make raspberry jelly, custard, and to assemble the trifle. Use a small bowl to beat the eggs, to whisk the double cream, or to soak the gelatin sheet.
- Saucepan- From cooking raspberries to making custard mixture. A saucepan is the main kitchen equipment you need in this recipe. So, make sure you don’t miss it.
- Spatula- You’ll need a spatula to stir the custard mixture or raspberry juice or you need to spread layers of sweet delights in the trifle bowl.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to check the consistency of the custard in the saucepan.
- Cling film- Cover the bowl or jug with a cling film before keeping the bowl (of custard or raspberry juice) in the refrigerator.
- Whisk- Use a whisk or a blender to mix the egg yolks with the double cream in the bowl.
- Jug- You can keep the raspberry juice or the custard in a jug if you can’t keep them in a glass bowl.
- Sieve- Use a fine sieve to strain the raspberry juice from the saucepan to have a smooth raspberry puree for the trifle recipe.
- Grater- Garnish the Christmas trifle with grated dark chocolate. You can use a hand grater to grate the dark chocolate.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle?
For The Raspberry Jelly:
- Raspberries- Raspberries are the main ingredient of this trifle recipe. You can also use raspberries to top the trifle.
- Caster sugar- Use caster sugar to add sweetness to the raspberry jelly for the trifle recipe. Caster sugar dissolves better than regular sugar.
- Raspberry liqueur (optional)- If you feel like adding a flavoring agent or a flavored liqueur, you can add a raspberry liqueur, like Creme de Framboise or Chambord, to dilute the raspberry juice.
- Gelatin- Add eight leaves of gelatin sheets to make raspberry jelly.
For The Custard:
- Double cream- Double cream will give a nice smooth and thick texture to the custard for the trifle recipe. It also intensifies the flavors of the ingredients added.
- Vanilla pod- Split a vanilla pod lengthwise and add it to the custard along with its seeds to add vanilla flavor to the custard.
- Egg yolks- Beat four eggs and add the egg yolks to the custard. This will give a nice velvety texture to the custard and add more flavor to it.
- Sugar- Again add caster sugar to add sweetness to the custard by adding caster sugar to it.
- Sponge fingers- Use sixteen to twenty (depending on the size of the trifle) delicious sponge fingers for this recipe. You can also use Boudoir biscuits in case you don’t have sponge fingers.
- Raspberries- Layer some raspberries between the layers of sponge fingers and custard. Also, add raspberries on top before serving.
- Double cream- Whip the double cream in a bowl and spread it over the custard layer before topping the trifle with raspberries.
- Dark chocolate- Garnish the Gordon Ramsay’s trifle with grated dark chocolate.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle
1. Prep Raspberry Juice
To a saucepan over low heat, add sugar, raspberries, and two tablespoons of water. Close the lid and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Once it’s done, blend these cooked raspberries to form a smooth puree. Pass it through a sieve to get a smooth raspberry juice. Add water and liqueur (if using) to a jug. Add this to the raspberry juice to dilute it.
2. Make The Raspberry Jelly
Soak the gelatin in a bowl containing cold water and let it soak for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the diluted raspberry juice to a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Remove the excess liquid from the pan and turn off the heat. Add gelatin to the pan and whisk it. When it’s completely dissolved, transfer it to a large trifle bowl or a large glass serving bowl. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours until it’s firm.
3. Make The Custard
Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add cream and vanilla seeds to the pan and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, lightly whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl and stir in half of the warm cream in it. Pour this egg mixture into the saucepan over low heat. Continue whisking the egg mixture in the saucepan until it’s thick. Transfer it to a jug or a large bowl. Cover the rim with a cling film and refrigerate it until needed.
4. Assemble The Trifle
Remove the jelly and custard from the refrigerator. Lay the sponge fingers in the form of an even layer over the jelly. Sprinkle some raspberries over them and pour over the egg custard. Spread the whipped cream over the custard and refrigerate this trifle for a few hours. Top with raspberries and serve.
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Vitamin A||1003 IU|
|Vitamin C||19 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle Look and Taste?
So, let’s dig in! Gordon Ramsay’s trifle looks as amazing as it tastes. This sophisticated dessert has delicious raspberry-flavored jelly, egg custard, and sponge fingers all layered together in a trifle bowl. It’s finished with a layer of whipped cream and raspberries on top. Every single bite is filled with impeccable flavors and Christmas delight. Try this now and enjoy. Merry Christmas!
Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle Recipe
- Cling film
For the raspberry jelly:
- 21 ounces Raspberries
- 6 ounces Caster Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Raspberry Liqueur (Crème de Framboise or Chambord)
- 8 leaves Gelatin Sheets
For the custard:
- 13.5 ounces Double Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 4 large Egg Yolks
- 1.4 ounces Caster Sugar
- 16-20 Sponge Fingers (or boudoir biscuits)
- 8.8 ounces Raspberries
- 10 ounces Double Cream
- 1 tablespoon Dark Chocolate (grated)
- Set saucepan over low heat and add two tablespoons of water to it. Add sugar, raspberries and close the lid of the pan.
- Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Blend these cooked raspberries to form a smooth puree and pass them through a sieve to get a smooth raspberry juice. Add water and liqueur (if using)to dilute it and transfer it into a jug.
- Add two leaves of gelatin to a bowl containing cold water and let it soak for about 4 to 5 minutes. Boil the diluted raspberry juice in a saucepan and remove the excess liquid from the pan after turning off the heat.
- Now, add gelatin to this pan and whisk it. When it’s completely dissolved, transfer it to a large trifle bowl or a large glass serving bowl. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours until it’s firm.
- Again set a saucepan over medium heat. Add cream and vanilla seeds to this pan and bring the cream to boil. Now, lightly whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl and stir in half of the warm cream in it. Pour this egg mixture into the saucepan over low heat. Continue whisking the egg mixture until it’s thick. Transfer this egg custard to a jug or a large bowl. Cover the rim with a cling film and refrigerate it until needed.
- Remove the jelly and custard from the refrigerator. Lay the sponge fingers over the jelly. Spread some raspberries over them and pour over the egg custard. Spread the whipped cream all over the custard and refrigerate this trifle for a few hours. Top with raspberries and serve.
Did you try it? Tell me about your recipe in the comments below. Try out other amazing holiday recipes too.