Gordon Ramsay has also perfected the Japanese cuisine and his teriyaki salmon recipe is simply delicious. All you need to do is to make the teriyaki sauce. Then, marinate the salmon in it. The longer you marinate the fish, the more flavorful it will be. After that, just cook it (I won’t suggest eating it raw, neither would Gordon and you don’t want to make him angry).
Teriyaki sauce is a sauce from Japanese cuisine and you can use it to glaze anything; meat, fish, chicken, and even vegetables. The sauce is made with soy sauce, mirin (or sake), ginger, and some sugar (to balance the saltiness). This sticky sauce just takes 2 minutes to make (5 minutes, if you are clumsy like me).
To make Gordon Ramsay’s teriyaki sauce, mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, maple syrup, and olive oil. Marinate the salmon fillets in this sauce for 2 hours. Then, heat the oil in a pan and cook the salmon in it. Pour the marinade over it and cook it from both sides. Place the salmon on the plate and spoon some of the glaze over it.
This is only a snippet of the detailed recipe, which you can be found below.
Gordon Ramsay’s Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
For The Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 cm piece of Fresh Root Ginger (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (peeled, finely sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- In a bowl, add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, mirin, and olive oil to it and mix.
- In a dish, place the salmon fillets and season them with salt and pepper. Then, pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. Let it marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes. If you are not short on time, I recommend marinating for 2 hours.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add the salmon to it with the skin side facing down. Reserve the marinade for later.
- Cook it for about 2-3 minutes and then pour the marinade over it. Cook for some time and then flip it. Cook the other side of the salmon for 5-6 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the salmon from time to time.
- When the salmon has cooked, place it on a plate and pour a spoonful of the teriyaki glaze over it.