Gordon Ramsay’s teriyaki salmon is a flavor-packed course that’s easy to cook. Teriyaki salmon is a savory Japanese cuisine filled with rich flavors. The fusion of flavors will satiate your appetite and cravings. Mimic Gordon Ramsay’s teriyaki salmon right in your kitchen with us.
All you need to do is to make the teriyaki sauce. Then, marinate the salmon in it. The longer you marinate the fish, the more flavorful it will be. After that, just pan-fry the salmon (I won’t suggest eating it raw, neither would Gordon and you don’t want to make him angry).
Teriyaki sauce is a sauce from Japanese cuisine that you can use to glaze anything; meat, fish, chicken, and even vegetables. The sauce is made with soy sauce, mirin (or sake), ginger, and some sugar (to balance the saltiness). This sticky sauce just takes 2 minutes to make (5 minutes, if you are clumsy like me).
This is only a snippet of the detailed recipe, which you can be found below. Let’s get started to follow the required list of equipment, ingredients, calorific value, and instructions in the article below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Duck – Roasting a duck can be tricky. But if you have got the right tips and tricks from the great celebrity chef, there is nothing stopping you from acing this delicacy.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly – Even if you are not a pork savvy chef, there is no harm in starting your journey. With Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly recipe is filled with juices making it super moist and tasty.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs – Red wine and Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs complement each other so well that you would never go back to the basic short ribs recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon?
- Flat Pan – Take a flat pan to marinate the salmon fillets evenly.
- Frying Pan – Sear and cook the salmon fillets in a frying pan.
- Tong – Use a tong to flip the salmon and cook on both sides.
- Cling Film – Cover the bowl of marinated salmon with a cling film.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon?
- Salmon Filets – Take four salmon filets for preparing a teriyaki salmon.
- Garlic – Add minced garlic to the marinade for piquant flavors.
- Ginger – Finely chopped ginger will bring out an aromatic flavor to the marinade.
- Soy Sauce – Marinade the salmon with a teaspoon of soy sauce. It will bring out glazed color to the salmon.
- Rice Wine – Adding rice wine brings out mild tartness to the salmon.
- Maple Syrup – Maple syrup boosts the flavor and texture of the salmon.
- Olive Oil – Retain the moisture in the salmon with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Salt – Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt as per your taste on the salmon.
- Black Pepper – Season the salmon with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon
1. Marinate The Salmon
Season the salmon filets with a teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Further, take a flat pan, and add soy sauce, rice wine, maple syrup, olive oil, ginger, and garlic. Stir in all together and dip the salmon filets into the marinade. Coat the salmon evenly all over with the marinade and keep it aside for 15 minutes or more. You can also cook the salmon immediately.
2. Heat Work
Place the skillet on the heat. Grease it with oil and add the marinated salmon fillets to the skillet. Pour the marinade onto the salmon and let it glaze evenly. Sear the salmon on both sides until it is browned, crispy, and cooked through. Remove the pan when you see the color of the salmon changing. Serve and enjoy!
How Will Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay teriyaki salmon looks glazed with flavored sauce and taste delicious. The fusion of liquids results in flavorful crispy salmon. Pan-seared teriyaki salmon that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside satiates your taste buds.
Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- ½ pound Salmon Fillets
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a bowl, add ginger, garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, mirin, and olive oil to it and mix.
- In a dish, place the salmon fillets and season them with salt and pepper. Then, pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. Let it marinate for a minimum of 15 minutes. If you are not short on time, I recommend marinating for 2 hours.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and add the salmon to it with the skin side facing down. Reserve the marinade for later.
- Cook it for about 2-3 minutes and then pour the marinade over it. Cook for some time and then flip it. Cook the other side of the salmon for 5-6 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the salmon from time to time.
- When the salmon has cooked, place it on a plate and pour a spoonful of the teriyaki glaze over it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long can I marinate salmon?
You can marinate the salmon for around 2-3 hours or even more than that. However, never exceed 24 hours of marination.
How does Gordon Ramsay cook teriyaki salmon?
Gordon Ramsay marinated the salmon with some liquid flavors and puts them to sear and cook thoroughly.
How does Gordon Ramsay make their salmon crispy?
Score, season, and marinate the salmon properly to achieve a nice crispy texture.
Should you score Salmon skin before cooking?
Yes, you should score the fish before cooking. The layer beneath keeps the flesh of the fish moist during cooking.
So, what are you waiting for? Prepare this easy and quick Gordon Ramsay teriyaki salmon in a snap. Refer to the above article for all the tips and tricks. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.