Ever wondered how Russian and German cuisine combination would taste like? If yes, here’s the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s stroganoff. This comfort food is a brilliant fusion of Russian and German cuisines. This dish has crispy brown chicken and sour cream gravy in it. If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, you should definitely read this article and try your hands on it.
Gordon Ramsay’s stroganoff is a Russian comfort dish served with German spaetzle. It has a sour cream gravy loaded with the flavors of mushrooms, chicken stock, and spices. It is best served with pasta. German spaetzle is a perfect pasta to give the delight of Russian-German cuisine fusion in this dish. You can make this stroganoff easily at home within an hour. Now, let’s get right into the recipe instructions for Gordon Ramsay’s stroganoff.
For Gordon Ramsay’s stroganoff, season chicken with salt and smoked paprika and saute it. Now saute onion, pepper, garlic, and chopped mushroom in a pan. Add sour cream, chicken stock, sauteed chicken, and sugar snap peas and cook until it thickens. Saute seasoned German spaetzle in a pan. Serve these with chicken stroganoff.
This was just a brief of the recipe instructions. To know the entire procedure, look at the recipe card below. You can also watch Gordon Ramsay making this amazing stroganoff in the video below. Try this recipe now and rate it if you like it.
Gordon Ramsay’s Stroganoff Recipe
- Chopping Tray
- 1 pound Chicken Breast (cut into thin strips)
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Green Pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup Mushroom (sliced)
- 5.3 ounce Flour
- Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 2.5 ounce Sugar Snap Peas (blanched)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cup German Spaetzle
- Cut thin slices from the chicken strips. Add smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the chicken. Mix them well until combined. In a pan containing olive oil, cook the chicken until it’s golden brown in color. Set it aside to cool.
- Saute onions in a pan containing olive oil and add peppers, garlic, and chopped mushrooms to it. Cook for about a minute, add white wine and flambe. Reduce the heat to low and add chicken stock, sour cream, chicken, sugar snap peas, chopped parsley to the pan.
- Season German spaetzle with salt and pepper. To a hot pan containing olive oil, add German spaetzle and butter. Saute and stir until they’re golden brown. Transfer German spaetzle into a serving plate and add chicken stroganoff.