Gordon Ramsay’s sticky toffee pudding is a classic English delightful dessert. It is one of the signature desserts from Gordon Ramsay. The recipe involves making a date pudding with a sticky toffee sauce topped with whipped cream. Try making this recipe at home to satiate your sugar rush with the help of this article.
The sticky toffee pudding has ingredients like any other pudding. It has eggs, butter, flour, and sugar. The dates in the pudding add an exotic taste and a balanced sweet flavor. The sweet toffee sauce enhances the flavors. The whipped cream in the pudding is added to balance the sweetness.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s sticky toffee pudding, soak dates in boiling water. Then, mix butter, sugar, egg, flour, and baking powder. Puree the dates and add them to this mixture. Pour this batter into muffin tins and bake them. Then, make the toffee sauce with butter, sugar, milk, corn syrup, cream, salt, and bourbon. Spoon it over the pudding and top with whipped cream.
Gordon Ramsay suggests using a microwave to cook the sticky toffee pudding faster. It will only take 10 minutes to make this recipe. So, to whip up something sugary in just a few minutes follow the detailed recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s sticky toffee pudding. You can see the list of equipment, ingredients, and nutritional value. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Mac And Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Pizza
- Gordon Ramsay Simple Marinara
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Sandwich
- Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini
- Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese
- Gordon Ramsay Salmon En Croute
- Gordon Ramsay Toad In The Hole
- Gordon Ramsay Cranberry Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Holiday Stuffing
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding?
- Bowl – To prepare the toffee pudding mix and dates puree, take one large and one small bowl.
- Whisk – Mix butter, sugar, golden syrup, and dates and combine with the whisk.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to fold the cake mix so that it doesn’t stick to the bowl.
- Oven – Bake the sticky toffee pudding in the oven.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding?
- Dates – Finely chopped dates will sweeten the soft sponge pudding.
- Butter – The butter will add moisture and richness to the pudding mix.
- Brown Sugar – The sweetness and caramelization take place when you add brown sugar into the pudding.
- Creme Fraiche – Use a tablespoon of creme fraiche to thicken the pudding mix. It has a creamy, nutty, and tangy flavor. You can also use sour cream instead of creme fraiche.
- Flour – The flour will bind the pudding mix evenly. It gives a firm structure to the batter.
- Golden Syrup – Garnish your sticky toffee pudding with golden caramel syrup. It adds a deep caramelized buttery flavor to the pudding.
- Egg – Use one egg to add richness to your cake mix. Moreover, it will keep your batter moist.
- Double Cream – Add a teaspoon of double cream to your caramel syrup. The cream will not let the sugar burn and adds creamy flavor to the caramel sauce.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding
1. Mix And Match
Begin with mixing the ingredients for the pudding mix and dates puree. First, chop the dates into thin slices and add them to a small bowl. Add a teaspoon of bicarb mixed with water to the dates bowl. Put it in the oven for 2 minutes. The bicarb breaks down the date slices into the puree. Then, in a separate large bowl add butter and brown sugar. While you mix you will see the butter melting steadily. Further add a tablespoon of golden syrup, a raw egg, dates puree, and flour. By using a whisk and spatula mix the batter thoroughly.
Take a small bowl to bake the sticky toffee pudding. Grease the bowl with butter and flour. After mixing the batter nicely pour it into the small baking bowl. As the batter will rise a bit, make sure you fill in two-thirds of the bowl. Cover the bowl with parchment paper that let the mix steam inappropriately. Bake it for 3 minutes in the oven.
3. Make The syrup
For the beautiful caramel sauce take a saucepan, add butter and sugar. Bring it to a boil and then add a teaspoon of golden syrup and double cream. Keep stirring until it is well caramelized. Plate your baked cake with the caramel sauce on the top and creme fraiche.
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding is a classic British dessert. It is prepared by using dates, caramel sauce, butter, sugar, and creme fraiche. The taste of the pudding is deliciously sweet and its texture is just like soft sponge cake. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream or custard.
Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- ¾ cup Dates puree (pits removed)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 6 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup Bicarb Acid
For Toffee Sauce
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- 2 tablespoons Golden syrup
- A pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a measuring cup, add the dates and bicarb acid. Pour boiling water over them and let them sit in the oven for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar and mix them until fluffy for about a minute. Then, add egg, dates puree, and golden syrup to it. Lastly, add flour and mix until combined.
- Grease the muffin tin and pour the batter equally into them. Place the muffin in the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the tin out and let the pudding rest for about 5 minutes.
For Toffee Sauce
- While the pudding is cooking, place a small saucepan over the heat. Add butter, sugar, double cream, salt, and golden syrup to it and cook for 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
- Then, remove the saucepan from heat and serve hot!
- Place the pudding on a serving plate and spoon the toffee sauce over it.
- Top the pudding with freshly whipped cream and dig in.