A few things Gordon Ramsay is famous for are calling people a stupid sandwich, his delicious food, and his unique recipes. One such recipe is Gordon Ramsay steak.
Heavy seasoning and flipping it just once is the secret to his perfect steak. He also emphasizes giving the steak the rest it deserves, you know, after the long day it had.
To make Gordon Ramsay steak, heavily season the steak with salt and freshly cracked pepper. In a cast-iron skillet, add oil and butter. When heated, place the steak in it.
Add some garlic, rosemary, and thyme on the side. Cook it for some time. Then, flip it and let it cook for a minute or two. After that, take it out of the skillet and let it rest for some time. Then, serve it.
You can use any cut you prefer when cooking steak, but I suggest using New York steak. Also, you should use flavorless oil for cooking the steak. It will make sure that the flavor of the oil doesn’t overpower the steak.
Out of thyme? Here is a list of thyme substitutes that you can use.
This is not the whole recipe but only a snippet of it. Find the complete and detailed recipe below. You can also check other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Eggs Benedict
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Belly of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Yorkshire Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade
- Gordon Ramsay Duck Al’ Orange
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs
- Gordon Ramsay Cauliflower Cheese
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak?
- Skillet – Cook the steak undisturbed on a cast-iron skillet until golden brown on both sides.
- Spatula – Flip the steak, once one side of the steak is cooked well.
- Knife – Cut the cooked steak gently and serve.
- Serving Dish – Serve the cooked steak and top with thyme leaves.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak?
- Steak – Season steak with salt and pepper to get the juicy, fatty, and salty flavor.
- Olive Oil – Cook the seasoned steak in olive oil to ensure the spices mixes evenly.
- Butter – Butter will help adding deep brown color to your steak.
- Salt – Add kosher salt to enhance the steak’s flavor instead of making it salty.
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – Add a pinch of crackled black pepper for a spicy, earthy, hot and wood flavor that pairs well with steak.
- Garlic – Mince garlic cloves to add intense flavor to the steak
- Rosemary – Mince rosemary sprigs to add to the seasoned steak for a lemony-pine-like flavor.
- Thyme – Top the cooked steak with thyme leaves to add an earthy, minty, and a slightly lemony flavor.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak
1. The Process Begins
Take two cloves of garlic and two rosemary sprigs, and mince them to make the steak. Meanwhile, let the steak rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
Then, heavily season the steak with salt and pepper from both sides. Place a cast-iron skillet on heat and add olive oil to it. Once the oil is heated, add butter to it.
Place the steak in the oil and avoid splashing. Don’t move the steak around and let it cook undisturbed. The key is to flip it just once.
2. Adding Flavors
Add minced garlic, rosemary, and thyme leaves to the oil as well. Spoon the oil over the steak so the garlic and herby flavor go into it.
If you want to cook the steak rare, cook the bottom side for about 2-3 minutes. Then, flip it and cook it for a minute and a half. Spoon the oil over the steak again.
When done, flip it again and cook for just half a minute and then take it out. Place the steak gently on a plate and leave it undisturbed for about 10 minutes. Then, cut it and serve.
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Steak Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay steak has a garlic rosemary-infused butter that makes it taste steakhouse quality. You’ll be impressed at how easy it is to make the perfect steak – seared and caramelized on the outside, and so juicy inside.
The chefy way to cook steak really makes the most of a good steak – or fancies up economical steaks! You’ll feel like a total pro cooking it and it’ll rival the best steakhouse in town!
Gordon Ramsay Steak Recipe
- Serving Dish
- 1 New York Strip Steak
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 sprig Rosemary (minced)
- 1 sprig Thyme (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Black Pepper (crackled)
- Let the steak rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Then, heavily season the steak with salt and pepper from both sides.
- After that, place a cast-iron skillet on heat and add oil to it. When the oil is heated, add butter to it.
- Place the steak in the oil and avoid splashing. Don’t move the steak around and let it cook undisturbed. The key is to flip it just once.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and thyme to the oil as well. Spoon the oil over the steak so the garlic and herby flavor go into it.
- If you want to cook the steak rare, cook the bottom side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then, flip it and cook it for a minute and a half. Spoon the oil over the steak again.
- When done, flip it again and cook for just half a minute and then take it out.
- Place the steak gently on a plate and leave it undisturbed for about 10 minutes. Then, cut it and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a good way to cook steak?
Put a skillet to high heat and sear steaks for 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness.
What is the best thing to season steak with?
When seasoning a steak, you can’t go wrong with freshly cracked black pepper and kosher salt. Finishing salts such as flaky sea salt and can be applied at the end as a final touch. Add some chopped herbs such as thyme, rosemary or sage to your salt to make a flavored salt for your steak.
How do you keep a steak juicy?
Keep the meat moist either with a marinade or with careful cooking over a less high heat for a shorter time. To prevent meat from shrinking up into little wads when it cooks, cut it against the grain.
What gives steak more flavor?
Salt is must when seasoning steak. It will not only add flavor to your meat, but it will also help make steak juicy and tender. When you salt your steak before you cook it, the salt sits on the meat and draws moisture to the surface. But, the removal of this moisture doesn’t make the steak less juicy.
Why is my steak tough and dry?
Overcooking meat can make it tough. That’s because heat causes the proteins in the meat to firm up. Overcooking also basically squeezes the moisture out of the meat, making it dry as well as tough.
Gordon Ramsay steak is basted with garlic-thyme infused butter to add flavor and luxury to the steak. If you want to make steak like a chef, do try this recipe at home and don’t forget to share your experience with us.