If you love steak, you must know how important it is to marinate. The marinade not only tenderizes the steak but its flavor also seeps into it.
Gordon Ramsay steak marinade is a combination of sauces, spices, and oil that gives the steak a great and strong flavor. You can also use this marinate with other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
If you like opting for tougher cuts of meats, marinating it becomes essential. It is because the acidic nature of most marinades makes the meat tender.
To make Gordon Ramsay steak marinade, mix balsamic vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic, and red pepper in a zip-lock bag. Add a little black pepper to it and give it a good mix.
Add the steak to the bag and mix so that the steak gets covered with the marinade. Place it in the fridge for 6 to 24 hours. Then, take the steak out, pat it dry, and cook it.
Marinades are a combination of different sauces, citrus juices, spices, herbs, and oil. You can also use yogurt in a marinade.
You can squeeze the juice from the fresh lemons and add Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce for an extra kick.
This is a short version of the recipe. Find the longer, detailed version below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Stroganoff
- Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Risotto
- Gordon Ramsay Leg Of Lamb
- Gordon Ramsay Belly Of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Hamburger
- Gordon Ramsay Shepherd’s Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Style-Pizza
What Are The Tips For Steak Marinade?
- Steak marinade is perfect for those tougher, less expensive cuts of meat.
- Marinate meat in a non-metal (glass or plastic) container or a freezer bag in the refrigerator.
- Discard used marinade or boil it at a rolling boil for a few minutes to ensure it reaches 165°F.
- Freeze marinade in ice cubes trays so you can pop out as little or as much as you like when it’s time to marinate a steak-this way, the marinade stays fresh!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade?
- Skillet – Roast the marinated steak in the skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Mixing Bowl – Mix the ingredients well in a bowl to prepare the marinade for the steak.
- Spatula – Toss the steak well into the marinade until well coated to release flavors.
- Knife – Mince the garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs with a sharp knife to add it to the marinade.
- Whisk – Whisk together the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping under the seasonings to avoid unnecessary waste and mess.
- Zip-Lock Bag – Mix the soy sauce mixture with the steak into the zip-lock bag until well coated.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||6 Hours||15 Minutes||6 Hours 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade?
- Steak – Marinade steak in the soy mixture to get the juicy, fatty, and salty flavor.
- Soy Sauce – Soy sauce will enhance the flavor, making the steak taste savory and juicier.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar is a good choice to marinade steak as it would help to tenderize steak, making it softer. It will also add a sweet flavor, without having to add any sugar.
- Olive Oil – Adding oil will help distribute seasonings evenly when mixing the marinade with the steak.
- Garlic – Mince garlic cloves to add intense flavor to the steak.
- Rosemary – Mince rosemary sprigs to add to the marinade mixture steak for a lemony-pine-like flavor.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar will help caramelize and mix with salt and black pepper to give a savory flavor with a hint of mild and earthy sweetness.
- Kosher Salt – Add kosher salt to enhance the steak’s flavor instead of making it salty.
- Ground Black Pepper – Add a pinch of black pepper for a spicy, earthy, hot and wood flavor that pairs well with steak.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Red pepper flakes will add slightly sharp and earthy with a decent dose of spicy flavor to the marinade.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade
1. Slice In Dice
Take two cloves of garlic and two rosemary sprigs, and mince them to make the marinade.
Now in a bowl, mix together ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar, two tablespoons of soy sauce, ⅔ cup of brown sugar, and two tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Prepare The Marinade
Add minced rosemary sprigs, garlic, kosher salt, ground black pepper and red pepper into the bowl of soy sauce mixture and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the zip-lock bag and shake well until well combined.
Now add the steak to the bag and toss it to coat the steak. Put the steak marinade in the refrigerator for six hours.
3. Cook The Marinade
Once refrigerated, take the steak out, pat it dry with a paper towel and keep it aside to cook.
In a skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once heated, put the steak in the skillet and fry it until crispy and releases flavors.
|Saturated Fat||1.9 g|
|Vitamin A||13.6 iu|
|Vitamin C||2.7 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade Look And Taste Like?
This easy steak marinade has lots of flavor, making it extra tender and juicy. The result is quality steak with a nice brown crust.
You will love this easy steak marinade as it has simple ingredients but adds an intense flavor. This marinade combines sugar, salt, and a little citrus, leaving you with tender, flavorful, and juicy steak.
Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Zip-Lock Bag
- 12 oz Steak
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 sprigs Rosemary (Minced)
- ⅔ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon Red Pepper
- Take two cloves of garlic and two rosemary sprigs, and mince them to make the marinade.
- Now in a bowl, mix together ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar, two tablespoons of soy sauce, ⅔ cup of brown sugar, and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add minced rosemary sprigs, garlic, kosher salt, ground black pepper and red pepper into the bowl of soy sauce mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the zip-lock bag and shake well until well combined.
- Now add the steak to the bag and toss it to coat the steak. Put the steak marinade in the refrigerator for six hours.
- Once refrigerated, take the steak out, pat it dry with a paper towel and keep it aside to cook.
- In a skillet, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once heated, put the steak in the skillet and fry it until crispy and releases flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What seasoning will go well on Gordon Ramsay’s steak?
We recommend using garlic, thyme, and rosemary to create a fragrant piece of steak. You can also add butter to the pan before removing the steak from the pan and allowing it to caramelize into a melty masterpiece.
How can you season steak?
Coat all the sides of the steak with salt and black pepper. Remember, the salt shouldn’t pile up; instead, it should coat the meat.
What gives steak good flavor?
You can season the steak with the classic cracked black pepper and kosher salt. Add chopped herbs such as thyme or sage to your steak to make a flavored salt.
Should you oil steak before seasoning it?
If you want the flavors to be released, brush all sides of the steak with olive oil first to help the seasoning stick. If you want the flavors in every bite, it must be enough to achieve that flavor.
Gordon Ramsay steak marinade is simple to make and requires only a few ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. Give it a try the next time you look for a delicious way to prepare steak!
1 thought on “Flavorful Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade”
Thanks! Will advise once complete! So excited! Thanks again!