If you love steak, you must know how important it is to marinate it. The marinade not only tenderizes the steak but its flavor also seeps into it. Gordon Ramsay’s steak marinade is a combination of sauces, spices, and oil that give the steak a great and strong flavor. You can also use this marinate with other recipes.
If you like opting for tougher cuts of meats, marinating it becomes essential. This is because the acidic nature of most marinades makes the meat tender. Marinades are a combination of different sauces, citrus juices, spices, herbs, and oil. You can also use yogurt in a marinade.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Marinade, mix balsamic vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce, rosemary, garlic, and red pepper in a zip-lock bag. Add a little black pepper to it and give it a good mix. Add the steak to the bag and mix so that the steak gets covered with the marinade. Place it in the fridge for 6-24 hours. Then, take the steak out, pat it dry, and cook it.
This is a short version of the recipe. Find the longer, detailed version below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Stroganoff– Stroganoff is a dish of Russian origin. It is made with beef broth. Mushrooms play a strong role in adding an exquisite flavor to the recipe.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup– Gordon Ramsay’s rendition of the classic mushroom soup is super creamy and thick. If you wish to make it at home perfectly, follow the recipe precisely.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Mashed Potatoes– The consistency of mashed potatoes is something super tricky to get right. Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for mashed potatoes helps you attain the perfection.
Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Marinade
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅔ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs Rosemary (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ⅓ teaspoon Red Spoon
- In a zip-lock bag, add balsamic vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce. Also, add rosemary, minced garlic, red pepper, and black pepper to it. Close the bag and mix it well.
- Then, add the steak to the bag and shake it, so the steak gets coated with the marinade.
- Keep the bag in the refrigerator to marinate anywhere between 6-24 hours.
- After that, take the steak out and pat it dry. Then, cook it any way you like and serve.