Gordon Ramsay spaghetti bolognese recipe is one such recipe that no one would like to miss. It is a very famous recipe in Britain and isn’t actually an authentic Italian recipe. Nevertheless, it is delicious and definitely worth a try.
Spaghetti Bolognese is an Italian pasta meal prepared with spaghetti and Bolognese meat sauce. The sauce is prepared with minced meat, herbs, onions, carrots, garlic, and wine, topped with parmesan.
To make Gordon Ramsay spaghetti Bolognese, sauté the onions, carrots, and garlic. Once softened, add minced beef to it. Then, pour some wine, canned tomatoes, and tomato puree.
Bring it to a boil and reduce it to one-third. Serve cooked spaghetti, with the Bolognese sauce on the top. Sprinkle some pepper and parmesan cheese to enjoy.
This was just a sneak peek of the detailed recipe. Check out the additional information such as nutritional value, ingredients involved and a step-by-step description of the recipe down below.
But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Bangers And Mash
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Carpaccio
- Gordon Ramsay Dauphinoise
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Crusted Sea Bass With Minestrone And Clams
- Gordon Ramsay Tacos
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Carbonara
- Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
What Can You Add To Bolognese Sauce That Can Make It Taste Better?
Prepare an authentic Bolognese with rich spices. Some of the best spices and seasonings are thyme, oregano, marjoram, and dried herbs.
You can also amp up the flavors of spaghetti Bolognese with anchovy filet or Italian seasonings. Make sure you add the herbs or seasoning right after the Bolognese is almost cooked.
You will relish the elevated flavors with a couple of herbs. Another option to emulsify the Bolognese sauce is adding fresh parsley, lemon juice, or cilantro. It will help in bringing out the refreshing flavors of Bolognese.
What Is The Difference Between Spaghetti Meat Sauce And Bolognese?
Bolognese is an Italian meat sauce originating from Bologna, Italy. It is thick, creamy, and a tomato-based sauce that tastes scrumptious. Cooking the beef with onions, carrots, garlic, and some rich spices brings out a perfect Bolognese.
The spaghetti sauce is prepared with canned tomatoes and some spices. It has no meat in it. This sauce has different flavors when compared with Bolognese.
It is packed with bright and subtle flavors of tomatoes and spices. In comparison, the Bolognese has intensified umami flavors.
Of course, spaghetti sauce and Bolognese have their respective standards, but for top-notch Italian flavors, try pairing the spaghetti with Bolognese.
Should I Add Milk to My Bolognese Sauce?
Milk or no milk in the Bolognese has been a hot topic of debate. Adding whole milk to Bolognese sauce is completely a personal choice. However, let me help you with why you should add milk to Bolognese sauce.
First, milk adds a little richness to Bolognese sauce. Secondly, it helps in tenderizing the meat properly. Dairy is the cherry on the top added to the Bolognese sauce. You can skip adding milk.
The flavors and the taste of Bolognese will not be affected. Check out the complete list of required elements below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese?
- Saucepan – Cook the spaghetti using a large saucepan.
- Ladle – Stir in the spices with a help of ladle.
- Non-Stick Pan – Sauté the veggies and beef in the frying pan to prepare Bolognese.
- Grater – Grate onions and carrots with a grater.
- Spatula – Combine the ingredients well with a spatula.
- Knife – Cut the onion into halves, and crush the garlic cloves for easy cooking.
- Chopping Board – Grate and chop the veggies on a chopping board.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||45 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese?
- Ground Beef – Take half a pound of ground beef to prepare the toppings for Gordon Ramsay spaghetti Bolognese.
- Whole Milk – Add some whole milk to the Bolognese to achieve desired consistency.
- Tomato Puree – Tomato puree will add a spicy kick to the Bolognese mixture.
- Red Wine – A splash of red wine will emulsify the flavors in the Bolognese.
- Oil – Saute the veggies using any vegetable oil of your choice.
- Canned Tomatoes – Canned tomatoes will thicken the consistency of meaty Bolognese.
- Onion – Add some chopped onions for a savory blend of flavors.
- Carrot – Carrot will bring earthy sweetness to enhance the flavors of Bolognese.
- Garlic – Bring out pungent sharpness to the Bolognese with minced garlic.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the Bolognese with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese
Step 1- Take a saucepan filled with water and cook spaghetti until al Dante.
Step 2- Next, grate some carrots, onions, and garlic.
Step 3- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, and add your grated onions and carrots.
Step 4- Sauté your onions, carrots, crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and some oregano.
Step 5- Further, add tomato puree into the sauteed mixture.
Step 6- Now add ground beef, canned tomatoes, and red wine to it. Mix everything well and then add some whole milk in the pan.
Step 7- Let it simmer for 30 minutes until your bolognese sauce is cooked. Garnish the Bolognese sauce with your favorite toppings and serve to enjoy.
Step 8- Place the cooked spaghetti on the plate and pour the Bolognese sauce over the pasta. Your Gordon Ramsay-style Spaghetti Bolognese is ready.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Spaghetti Bolognese?
Whole grain spaghetti is a great source of dietary fiber, vitamin, and mineral. On top of that, the ground beef added to the recipe is an excellent source of protein.
A serving of Gordon Ramsay Bolognese sauce contains a good amount of calories, protein, fiber, potassium, and magnesium. All in all, this recipe is good for muscles, heart, and bones.
Lastly, added veggies play an important role in maintaining blood sugar levels. It helps you to acquire fiber that will boost your metabolism and keep you energetic.
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay spaghetti Bolognese is rich, meaty, and full of flavors. The spaghetti paired with ground beef is the best way to feed your family. The beef is braised in aromatic, much thicker and creamier tomato sauce.
Above that, the fresh herby flavors emulsified taste delightfully. With this Gordon Ramsay Bolognese, you will have authentic flavors right in your kitchen.
How To Store Spaghetti Bolognese?
To store the leftover spaghetti Bolognese, you must keep the pasta separately from the sauce. It will prevent the spaghetti from getting soggy.
Store the leftover pasta and Bolognese sauce in two separate air-tight containers and refrigerate. Cover the lid of the container tightly to avoid moisture. Reheat the pasta and sauce in the oven or microwave for later use.
Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan
- Chopping Board
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ cup Canned Tomatoes
- 1 Onion (grated)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Take a stock pan filled with water and cook spaghetti until al Dante.
- Next, grate some carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Heat oil in the pan, and add your grated onions and carrots.
- Sauté your onion, carrot, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and some oregano .
- Further, add tomato puree into the sauteed mixture.
- Now add ground beef, canned tomatoes and red wine to it. Mix everything well and then add some whole milk as well.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes until your bolognese sauce is cooked. Garnish the Bolognese sauce with your favorite toppings and serve to enjoy.
- Place the cooked spaghetti on the plate and pour the Bolognese sauce over the pasta. Your Gordon Ramsay style Spaghetti Bolognese is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do you eat with spaghetti bolognese?
Gordon Ramsay spaghetti Bolognese is paired well with caprese salad, garlic bread, cheesy tomato garlic ciabatta, sauteed broccoli, and much more.
What meat goes with spaghetti?
Beef is the most flavorful meat that goes with spaghetti.
How is spaghetti Bolognese traditionally served?
To serve, stir the cooked spaghetti through the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes on the stove to allow the pasta to absorb some of the Bolognese sauce.
What fruit goes with spaghetti?
Simple fruits such as broiled apricots, fresh cherries and black grapes all serve to complement spaghetti and meatballs, while chilled, freshly sliced sweet apples contrast the consistency and temperature of your main dish.
Gordon Ramsay spaghetti Bolognese recipe is just super easy and quick to cook up. An easy one pot meal with Bolognese sauce which is a meat-based sauce for pasta. This can be that staple dish that you’ll make over and over again!
7 thoughts on “Appetizing Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe”
I’m starting to worry. I’ve just started to make this and there are no herbs other than bay leaves. I can’t view the video for confirmation because I am in the UK. Most recipes like this have basil or thyme or oregano or all 3. Currently I’m just hoping it’s not a mistake. Please update me either with words of confidence or to confirm the herbs!! Thanks.
Just go with what’s written in the recipe as the video doesn’t yet coincide with the recipe written. Don’t worry bay leaves will give you the perfect flavor.
When do you put the carrots in!!??
While frying onions and garlic… see the update! Well carrot are optional.
How many does this recipe serve?