The spaghetti Bolognese recipe is one such recipe that no one would like to miss. It is a very famous recipe in Britain and isn’t actually an authentic Italian recipe. Nevertheless, it is delicious and definitely worth a try.
I learned Gordon Ramsay’s Bolognese sauce recipe from a cooking video he did. I must say, I haven’t tasted any other Bolognese sauce like the one made from his recipe. If you are having pasta cravings, then this meat-loaded pasta recipe is the one for you.
To make Spaghetti Bolognese, firstly fry bacon in a pan. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic for frying; once softened, add minced beef to it. Then, pour some wine, bring it to a boil and reduce it to one-third. Make sauce with celery and tomatoes. Add cooked spaghetti, cover the pan and cook for a while. Sprinkle some pepper on the top.
This was just a sneak peek of the detailed recipe. Check out the additional information such as nutritional value, ingredients involved and a step-by-step description of the recipe down below.
Ingredients For Gordon Ramsay’s Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 rashers of streaky ‘Pancetta’ Bacon (chopped)
- 2 large Onions (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 1 stick of Celery
- 1 kg Lean Minced Beef
- 150 ml Red Wine
- 800 g Tomatoes (chopped)
- Dried Bay Leaves
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 300 g Dried Spaghetti
These are the ingredients you’ll be needing. Let’s quickly check the timings of the recipe.
How Much Time it Will Take To Make Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour|
After the timings, it is time for the steps of the recipe.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Spaghetti Bolognese
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan and fry the bacon until golden over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, and garlic; fry until soft. Increase the heat and add the minced beef. Fry it until it has browned.
- Pour in the wine and boil until it has reduced in volume by a third. Reduce the temperature and stir in the tomatoes and celery.
- Cover with a lid and simmer over gentle heat for 1-1½ hours until it’s rich and thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain and serve.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan over the pasta before adding a good baleful of the sauce. Finish the topping with a further scattering of cheese and some black pepper.
Disclaimer: This recipe is also filed under Gordon Ramsay Bolognese recipe channel 4 and the best spaghetti Bolognese recipe in the world. This is the award-winning Bolognese sauce and spaghetti Bolognese recipe from MasterChef.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Gordon Ramsay’s Spaghetti Bolognese
Here is the nutritional breakdown of the recipe.
How To Make Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese At Home | Video
I hope you have understood the recipe but still it is perfectly fine for you to encounter some doubts. So, I have included a similar video to clear any confusion.
If you are a Gordon Ramsay fan, then do check out Gordon Ramsay’s Filet Mignon recipe. Do let me know your experience in the comments below. I also welcome suggestions and queries. Write them down in the comments and I’ll make sure to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!