Just four ingredients and you’ll be ready with a restaurant-style sea bass meal! Don’t believe me? You should try Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass with fennel, lemon, and capers. This crispy sea bass is baked with lemon, fennel, and capers stuffed in it. Trust me! These “Fantastic four” ingredients make a perfect dish to brighten up a festive dinner.
Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass with fennel, lemon, and capers is the easiest recipe for sea bass. It is also flavored with white wine and butter white also makes it tender and juicier. You can use two foils to wrap the sea bass into a parcel to let it cook faster as it locks the heat better. You can use more spices and herbs to flavor the sea bass according to your choice. I recommend Gordon’s way to have more elegant and earthy flavors complementing the natural taste of the sea bass.
Look at the lists below. You’ll get to know all the equipment and the ingredients you need to make Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass with fennel, lemon, and capers. To know how to use them, check out the steps of instructions and make this amazing dish. It’ll taste and look exactly like Gordon Ramsay’s recipe in the video provided below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad– If you want something healthy yet absolutely delicious, you should definitely try Gordon Ramsay’s prawn salad. Other than serving health goals, the salad is also really crunchy. The dressing adds a sour punch to it and we are here for it.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass– The homemade spicy sauce with veggies, tomato sauce, lemon zest, and white wine is the soul of this recipe. Try this Israeli delicacy and you’ll love it for sure.
3. Gingerbread Bundt Cake– Gingerbread bundt cake is a great dessert to kickstart your holiday festivities. Every bite of this cake feels like Christmas. This beautiful cake is served with a sweet glaze that has sugar, spice, and everything nice.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Tacos– Whether you are looking for a breakfast taco or the one with the spice kick of wasabi, this article has got you covered for all.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers?
To start with the recipe, you gotta have all the equipment needed. The best thing is that you don’t need much equipment for this recipe. Check out the list below to know the equipment you need to make Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass with fennel, lemon, and capers.
- Knife- You can use a classic fish fillet knife to cut the sea bass. If you don’t have that, use a sharp kitchen knife to slice the fish and to cut the slices of lemon and shallots.
- Aluminum Foil- Aluminum foil locks in all the delicious flavors and juices, along with the moisture in the sea bass. So, don’t miss it!
- Spoon- Use a spoon to drizzle oil, white wine, or sprinkle spices on the sea bass.
- Oven- Oven is the most important piece of equipment for this recipe. You’ll have to bake the sea bass in the oven until it gets tender and juicier.
- Roasting tray- Place the sea bass on the roasting tray (or an oven-proof tray) and then put it in the oven.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers?
Now, check out another list! It’s about the easily available handful of ingredients needed to make Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers. Gather all of these and let’s start with the recipe instructions.
- Sea bass- Use two sea bass, scaled and cleaned, for this recipe (total 2.7 pounds of sea bass).
- Fennel bulbs- Use two small fennel bulbs (fonds reserved). Fennel gives fresh anise flavor to the fish and makes it fragrant.
- Capers- Use three tablespoons of small capers to add a distinctive salty flavor to the dish. Make sure the capers are drained and rinsed carefully.
- Lemon- Slice one lemon to add a spark to citrusy and acidic flavor to the recipe.
- Dill sprigs- Dill is an aromatic herb that’ll give an aromatic and earthy flavor to the sea bass. Just two dill springs are enough for this recipe.
- Butter- Use a knob of butter to make the fish tender and add buttery flavor to it.
- Olive oil- Olive oil will cook all ingredients and maintain the flavor in the dish.
- White wine- White wine works brilliantly with the fish. It gives a more acidic touch to the dish and brightens all the flavors in it.
- Sea salt- Sea salt enhances the flavors in the sea bass recipe.
- Freshly ground black pepper- If you want to add some heat to the sea bass, use freshly ground black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers
1. Season it and stuff it!
Place the whole cut sea bass on the foil. Season the fish inside out with salt and pepper. Now place fennel slices along with fennel fronds in the cavity of the fish. Sprinkle some capers over the fennel and line the slices of lemon over them in the cavity of the fish. Add dill and butter pieces inside.
2. Wrap it into a parcel!
Drizzle some olive oil over the fish and pour some white wine on the fish. Close all corners of the foil and wrap it into a well-sealed parcel.
3. Bake it and serve it!
Place the parcel on a roasting tray and bake it for about 20 minutes until the fish is cooked and the flesh of the fish flakes away for the bone. Set it aside to rest for a few minutes before serving. Sprinkle some fennel fronds over it and serve.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||693 IU|
|Vitamin C||29 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers Look and Taste?
Well! Gordon Ramsay’s sea bass with fennel, lemon, and capers is ready. The sea bass has a crispy and flaky crust. It’s perfect;y seasoned with salt and pepper. It’s tender and juicy on the inside. It’s filled with fragrant and delish flavors of fennel combined with lemon and capers. Try it! Enjoy your meal!
Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers Recipe
- Aluminum Foil
- Roasting Tray
- 3 pounds Sea Bass (scaled and cleaned)
- 2 Fennel Bulbs (fronds reserved)
- 3 tablespoons Capers (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Lemon (sliced)
- 2 Dill Sprigs
- 1 ounce Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3.5 ounces White Wine
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Slit the fish open and place it on aluminum foil. Sprinkle salt and pepper inside out to season the fish.
- Place slices of fennel inside the cavity of the fish. Sprinkle some capers inside the fish and line the slices of lemon on the fennel. Add dill leaves on top and add butter pieces inside the cavity.
- Drizzle some oil on the fish. Add few tablespoons of white and close all the ends of the foil to wrap the fish into a parcel. Place this well-sealed parcel on the roasting tray.
- Bake it in a preheated oven (200 C) for about 20 to 25 minutes until the fish is cooked and the skin is flaking away for the bones.
- Keep it aside to rest for a few minutes and serve with fennel fronds sprinkled on top.
Try this elaborately lavish recipe with simple ingredients and it will surely be the highlight of your dinner party. Inform me all about the deets in the comments. Happy Cooking!