Ever tried wrapping up the sausage meat in a puffy pastry? Well! Experience the delight of these puffy sausage bites with Gordon Ramsay’s sausage roll. You might’ve tried many sausage recipes! But if you wanna go for an easy-to-go sausage dish, this recipe is perfect for you. It has spicy sausage meat filled in a flavorful puff pastry.
Gordon Ramsay’s sausage roll can be enjoyed as a part of a party buffet or a warm side dish. It’s spiced up by adding mustard and pepper. You can go on adding some more spices and flavors that suit your taste. Try adding sun dried tomatoes, chestnuts, herbs, and olives to the sausage mixture.
Add dried cranberries to the sausage mixture and you enjoy it as a Christmas snack. Try this recipe now and enjoy this delicious snack. Peep into the full recipe of Gordon Ramsay’s sausage rolls.
To know whether you have all the equipment and ingredients for Gordon Ramsay’s sausage rolls, read the lists below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the chef delight section of our blog.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole – Gordon Ramsay’s toad in the hole is a classic British comfort food. The name may sound a bit unappetizing but the dish is far from it. It is delicious fluffy baked pudding with sausages in the middle. Try them out and find the toad in the hole yourself.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue – Want a delicious dessert with complex flavors? Try Gordon Ramsay’s lemon meringue pie. It is a delicious lemon pie with a cloud of meringue on top. Cut a slice and float to heaven.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Avocado Toast – We all want to have a healthy breakfast but without the hassle of making it. Make Gordon Ramsay’s avocado toast. Just make the sourdough bread and layer it avocado. Flavor the avocado with lemon, sesame seeds, and chili flakes. There’s you Instagram worthy healthy breakfast.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee – Try making Gordon Ramsay’s creme brulee at home and feel like a Michelin chef. This French dessert is a delicious cream and egg custard with a burnt sugar topping. Tap the top of the brulee to see the satisfying break of the sugar.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay Sausage Roll?
- Bowl – Use a bowl to make the sausage meat mixture for this recipe. You can use a small glass bowl to beat the eggs with Marmite.
- Baking Tray – Use a baking tray to bake the sausage rolls in the oven.
- Spatula – To combine the sausage meat with the seasoning flavors, you need a spatula.
- Spoon – Use a spoon or brush to glaze the pastry borders with egg mixture. You can also use the spoon to lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Oven – Oven is the major equipment for this recipe. Make sure you have an oven in your kitchen if you want to make sausage rolls.
- Baking Sheet – Line the baking sheet over the baking tray and place the sausage rolls over it. The baking sheet prevents the rolls from sticking at the bottom of the tray.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Sausage Roll?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Extra Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||30 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay Sausage Roll?
- Sausage Meat – Use 12 ounces of sausage meat for this recipe. You can use any type of sausage meat.
- Mustard – Three tablespoons of wholegrain mustard will add a distinct flavor of mustard to the sausage.
- Sea Salt – Sea salt will enhance the flavor of the sausage rolls.
- Black Pepper – Add mild spicy seasoning flavor to the sausage rolls with freshly ground black pepper.
- Puff Pastry – Use a sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry for this recipe. It has a flaky light texture when it’s baked and has a buttery flavor.
- Plain Flour – You need a few tablespoons of all-purpose flour to dust the surface while rolling the pastry.
- Egg – You need to glaze the pastry and add more flavor to it. For that, lightly beat a large egg and brush it over the borders of the pastry.
- Marmite – Marmite is the yeast extract. It’s added to the eggs to make it lightly sticky to combine the borders and tightly wrap the sausage in the pastry. One tablespoon of Marmite is enough for this recipe.
- Nigella Seeds – Finish these sausage rolls by adding a teaspoon of Nigella seeds or sesame seeds on top.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Sausage Roll
1. Season The Sausage Meat
Add sausage meat to a large bowl. Add mustard, salt, and pepper to it. Mix them well to combine. Roll the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface and create a large rectangle from it. Cut the sheet lengthwise to have two long strips.
2. Fill Sausage In The Pastry
Place half of the sausage mixture in the center of one of the pastry strips. Form a long sausage shape in the center from the sausage meat and brush the egg mixture (beaten egg and Marmite) over the pastry borders. Enclose the sausage with the pastry by folding the pastry borders. Crimp the pastry to seal it using a fork and cut each long roll into six small rolls. Repeat this with the other pastry strip.
3. Bake It And Serve
Line the baking sheet over the baking tray. Place the sausage rolls over the tray and transfer this baking tray into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Let them firm and then, bake them in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven when the pastry is crispy and golden. Serve warm or as a party buffet.
|Saturated Fat||55 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||26 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||96 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||527 IU|
|Vitamin C||3 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Sausage Roll Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s sausage rolls are mini puff rolls. These golden-brown rolls are crispy on the outside with a buttery flavor. The spicy sausage mixture is filled in these rolls. The sausage meat has flavors of mustard and seasoning spices. These sausage rolls make a perfect evening snack or party sides.
Gordon Ramsay Sausage Rolls Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Baking Sheet
- 12 ounces Sausage Meat
- 3 tablespoons Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 sheet Ready-Rolled Puff Pastry
- ½ cup Plain flour (for dusting)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Marmite (or yeast extract)
- 1 teaspoon Nigella Seeds (or sesame seeds)
- Season the sausage meat in a large bowl with mustard, salt, and pepper. Roll the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface and create a large rectangle from it. Cut this sheet lengthwise to have two long strips.
- Now, place half of the sausage mixture in the center of one of the pastry strips. Form a long sausage shape in the center from the sausage meat and brush the egg mixture (beaten egg and Marmite) over the pastry borders. Enclose the sausage in the pastry. Crimp the pastry to seal it using a fork and cut each long roll into six small rolls. Repeat this with the other pastry strip.
- Line the baking sheet over the baking tray. Place the sausage rolls over this tray and transfer it into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Let the rolls firm and then bake them in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven when the pastry is crispy and golden. Serve warm or as a party buffet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why do you add breadcrumbs to sausage rolls?
Breadcrumbs help to keep the sausage moist.
Do you put egg in sausage roll mixture?
Yes, you can add egg in sausage roll mixture.
Are sausage rolls healthy?
Sausage rolls are a combination of pork and pastry, which means they are potentially very fattening and relatively scarce in nutrients.
How do you roll pastry for sausage rolls?
Roll out 2 thawed puff pastry sheets into large rectangles, then divide the sausage mixture and roll each half into a long, narrow roll and lay it on the pastry.
If you tried this recipe, share your experience in the comments below. Have a look at other recipe and try them too.