If you’re looking for a light French dessert, try Gordon Ramsay’s profiteroles. These small puffy bites are filled with delicious whipped cream and have chocolate sauce drizzled on top. It bursts with sweet flavors and is perfect to be enjoyed on special occasions.
Gordon Ramsay’s profiteroles are light-as-air dessert balls. This crowd-pleasing dessert is a simple recipe that goes well with every meal. But, be careful with the recipe procedure. Sometimes, the profiteroles are not baked properly. To avoid this, make sure the batter is not too runny and the eggs are perfectly incorporated in the batter. Don’t open the oven door until the profiteroles are increased in volume and are crispy brown.
Gordon Ramsay’s profiteroles are super easy to make. Read the list of equipment and ingredients below for this recipe. Follow the instructions for this recipe to have Gordon Ramsay’s profiteroles exactly as mentioned below.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Profiteroles?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to keep the ingredients for the recipe before using them. You can use a heat-proof bowl to make the chocolate sauce for this recipe.
- Saucepan-You need a saucepan to prepare the dough for profiteroles and to make the chocolate sauce.
- Spatula- Use a wooden spatula to stir the ingredients in the saucepan for the dough or the chocolate sauce.
- Spoon- You can also use a wooden spoon to stir in the eggs in the dough mixture.
- Piping bag- To make small balls from the dough and to add whipping cream in the profiteroles, you need a piping bag.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Profiteroles?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Refrigerating Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Profiteroles?
- Water- You’ll need water to make the chocolate sauce for this recipe.
- Butter- Melt about three to four ounces of butter for the profiterole dough.
- Flour- Use five ounces of flour to make the profiterole dough.
- Salt- Add a pinch of salt to balance the sweet flavors and enhance the taste. You are free to use sea salt or kosher salt.
- Eggs- Use five medium eggs for this recipe. Eggs make the dough compact yet tenderize the pastry.
- Cream- You need about seventeen ounces of pastry cream or whipped cream to fill the profiteroles.
For The Chocolate Sauce:
- Chocolate: Melt seven ounces of chocolate for the chocolate sauce.
- Milk: Combine the glass of milk with melted chocolate to make the chocolate sauce.
- Two teaspoons butter: Butter adds thickness and flavor to the sauce. Add two teaspoons of butter to the chocolate sauce mixture.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Profiteroles
1. Prep The Dough
Heat milk with butter and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Continue to stir and add flour to the saucepan when the mixture comes to a boil. Don’t remove the pan from the heat until it thickens. Remove it from the heat when you are left with a consistent dough.
2. Add In Eggs
Now, add eggs one at a time to the pan and mix them well. Don’t add another egg until the first one is completely incorporated into the mixture. Once the dough is done, transfer it into a pastry bag and make small balls from the dough on the greased baking tray.
3. Bake And Serve With Chocolate Sauce
Bake these profiteroles in a preheated oven (210 C) for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then, remove them from the oven and let them cool. Open the profiteroles in half and add whipped cream using a pastry bag and then close the profiteroles again.
Take a saucepan and place it in a water bath. Add chocolate and milk to the saucepan and stir them until the chocolate melts to form a smooth chocolate sauce. Drizzle this sauce over the profiteroles and serve.
|Saturated Fat||176 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||87 g|
|Trans Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||7698 IU|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Profiteroles Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s profiteroles are crispy puffy bites filled with whipped cream. These crispy puffs are buttery in taste and are filled with the flavors of cream and sugar. The chocolate sauce drizzled on top gives a perfect sweet balance to this dessert. You can whip the cream with vanilla extract to add vanilla flavor to profiteroles.
Gordon Ramsay’s Profiteroles Recipe
- Piping Bag
- 8 ounces Water
- 3.5 ounces Butter
- 5 ounces Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 5 Eggs
- 17.5 ounces Pastry Cream or Whipped Cream
- 7 ounces Chocolate
- 1 glass Milk
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- Add butter, milk, and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and add flour to the saucepan when the milk starts to boil. Don’t remove the pan from the heat until the mixture is thick and smooth. Make sure you are left with a consistent dough when you remove the pan from the heat.
- Now, add eggs one at a time to the pan and mix them well. Before adding another egg, let this egg completely incorporate into the mixture. Once its done, transfer the dough into a pastry bag and make small balls from it on the greased baking tray.
- Bake these profiteroles in a preheated oven (210 C) for about 15 to 20 minutes and then, let them cool. Open the profiteroles in half and add whipped cream using a pastry bag and then close the profiteroles again.
- For chocolate sauce, place a saucepan in the water bath and add chocolate along with milk to it. Stir thoroughly until the chocolate melts to form a smooth chocolate sauce. Drizzle this sauce over the profiteroles and serve.
Did you like this recipe? Tell me in the comments below. Check out our other recipes too.