Do you want a healthy salad by Gordon Ramsay that looks Instagram-worthy? Then, Gordon Ramsay’s prawn salad is the perfect salad for you. It has an array of colors, flavors, and textures, all served in one bowl. If you want to start eating healthy, let this salad be your gateway into it.
The salad is made with all things fresh and crunchy. You have fresh romaine lettuce and celery to add crunch and freshness to the salad. Apples and grapes add tang and sweetness to the salad and give it a delicious fruity taste. King prawns are the star of the salad and give the salad the taste of the sea. Also, walnuts are added to give the salad nuttiness and, of course, crunch.
The salad dressing isn’t something unpredictable but rather simple. It is a combination of yogurt, mustard, vinegar, and lemon. So, you know that the dressing is on the sour side of the palette. This dressing goes fairly well with the ingredients and makes the salad tangy and fun. So, without further ado, let’s see how to make Gordon Ramsay’s prawn salad. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass with Sorrel Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers
- Gordon Ramsay Minestrone Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Salad
- Gordon Ramsay French Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Avocado Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Kofta
- Gordon Ramsay Fish Curry
What Are The Equipment Used For Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad?
- Small Mixing Bowl- Use the small bowl to mix the dressing ingredients.
- Large Mixing Bowl- Use the large bowl to bring the salad together.
- Frying Pan- The frying pan will be necessary to toast the walnuts.
How Much Time Is Required To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||5 minutes||10 Minutes|
What Are The Ingredients Used For Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad?
For The Salad
- Romaine Lettuce- I believe all good salads are incomplete without lettuce. It is healthy, fulfilling, and gives a great crunch to the salad.
- Celery- Celery adds the same factors as well. It is healthy, delicious, and gives the salad volume.
- Apples- Apples bring a beautiful red color to the salad and bring a delicious sweet tanginess to each bite.
- Grapes- Juicy grapes are quite unexpected but the most welcomed addition to this prawn salad.
- King Prawns- Other than being delicious, King prawns are rich in nutrients. But make sure you are using cooked ones. No one likes to eat raw fish unless it’s sushi.
- Walnuts- Walnuts are brain food and give the salad a certain amount of nuttiness and an unmissable crunch.
For The Dressing
- Yogurt- Yogurt makes the dressing creamy and becomes the medium for the other ingredients.
- Dijon Mustard- Mustard elevates the taste and distracts the flavor a little bit from the tang.
- Cider Vinegar- The dressing needs a teensy bit of vinegar to up its sour game and acidic nature.
- Lemon Juice- Adding to the tang of dressing, you have some lemon juice. It also goes perfectly with the prawns and gives you your dose of vitamin C.
- Salt and Pepper- It is, of course, necessary to season the dressing as well as the salad.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad
1. Make The Dressing
Start by making the dressing and checking one box on the list. Just add yogurt, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Give it a good mix and set the bowl aside.
2. Toast The Walnuts
Now, coming to the walnuts. Heat a dry frying pan and just put the walnuts in it. Keep stirring and toasting for about 2 minutes until they become golden. Then, set them aside as well.
3. Get The Salad Ready
Now, this is the easiest part of the recipe. Just take a large mixing bowl and add the lettuce into it. Then, add the prawns, apples, grapes, and celery. Take the dressing and spoon it over the salad as much you deem fit. Toss the salad to coat it and top with the toasted walnuts.
|Saturated Fat||1.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.3 g|
How Do Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad Look And Taste Like?
The salad definitely looks colorful with various vivid colored ingredients. The colorful display also makes it rather appetizing. In terms of taste, you get a strong tang due to the tangy nature of the dressing and notes of mustard as well. The fishy and meaty taste of prawns is prevalent. But what I love the most is the crunch in every bite, whether it’s from the lettuce, celery, apples, or walnuts.
Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
For The Salad
- 200 g cooked King Prawns (peeled, deveined)
- 1 small Romaine Lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 Celery Heart (chopped)
- 1 Apple (cored, cut into 1cm pieces)
- 100 g seedless Green Grapes (washed, halved)
- 70 g Walnuts
For The Dressing
- 100 g Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Cider Vinega
- ½ Lemon (juiced)
- Salt and Freshly Ground (for taste)
- In a small mixing bowl, add yogurt, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix them and set them aside.
- Then, heat a dry frying pan and toast the walnuts in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, add the shredded lettuce. After that, add the king prawns, celery, apple, and grapes to it.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it gently, so everything gets coated. Top with toasted walnuts and serve.