Wine and dine along with Gordon Ramsay’s pork tenderloin on the table. I bet you! You’ll pig out on it in no time. It’s tender and super delicious. It’s Gordon’s version of stuffed pork, so it’ll be busting with mouth-watering flavors. Scroll down to know more!
Gordon Ramsay’s pork can drive the festive mood out of a casual family dinner. This pork is wrapped with the aroma of herbs and is flavored with delicious seasoning spices. Moreover, Gordon Ramsay’s pork tenderloin has crispy pork with tender and juicy meat inside. It also has a twist of cheese and Membrillo added.
All recipes of star chef Gordon Ramsay are no less than perfect. So, trying his recipes, especially Gordon Ramsay’s pork tenderloin might seem difficult. But it’s super easy and fun (Trust me! It needs no spell work). If you ask for someone who comes up with the most sophisticated dish, Gordon always proves to be top-notch.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s pork tenderloin, all you need is a few handfuls of ingredients and equipment. There’s much more about Gordon Ramsay’s pork tenderloin in this article. So, keep reading. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Gordon Ramsay Beer Bread
- Gordon Ramsay Omelette
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Tenderloin
- Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
- Gordon Ramsay Panna Cotta
- Gordon Ramsay Profiteroles
- Gordon Ramsay Mince Pies
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin?
- Oven – To roast the tenderloin, you need to bake the tenderloin in the oven. So, the oven is the major kitchen equipment you need.
- Knife – Make some slits on the pork skin with a sharp knife. You can use any kitchen knife.
- String – You need to tie the string around the pork to keep the filling in its place and let the pork tenderloin be compact while it’s cooking in the oven.
- Roasting Pan – You’ll need a roasting pan to roast the pork in the oven.
- Bowl – Keep the basil leaves, thyme, Membrillo, and cheese in the bowl for using them in the recipe. You’ll also need a bowl to collect the sauce for the pork.
- Scissors – Use scissors to cut the extra string from the pork before putting it in the oven. You’ll also need the scissors to remove the string from the pork once it is cooked.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to add seasoning spices to the pork and to spread the filling on the pork skin.
- Spatula – Stir in the ingredients in the roasting pan while making the sauce.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin?
- Pork – Pork is the main ingredient of this recipe. Use tenderloin (roasting joint) as it’s rich in meaty flavor and is the most tender part of the pork.
- Manchego Cheese – Manchego cheese is a famous Spanish cheese made from sheep’s milk. This semi-hard cheese is best known for herringbone rind and its slightly sweet flavor with mild tones of tanginess. It adds a unique flavor to the pork.
- Membrillo – Membrillo is a fruity paste or cheese. It’s a quiche jelly or cheese that sweetens the dish in which it is added.
- Sage Sprigs – Sage will add its aromatic flavors to the pork.
- Thyme – Thyme leaves are the best flavoring agents. Thyme is earthy and has a subtle mint flavor. There are a variety of thyme leaves. You can use your choice of thyme leaves to forget the flavors you want in your pork.
- Garlic – Does the toy want the best version of pork? Garlic is the major flavoring agent that you should never miss.
- Medium-Dry Sherry – Dry sherry is added to the pork to ace up the cooking process and adds a subtle wine flavor to the pork. That’s the reason, it’s called low-grade wine.
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps to cook the pork and make its skin crispy while maintaining the inner moisture.
- Sea Salt – Sea salt is less processed than table salt. It’ll enhance the taste of the pork. It is the main seasoning ingredient.
- Black Pepper – Add some heat to the pork by adding freshly ground pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin
1. Score The Pork And Add The Filling
Score the pork skin using a sharp knife. Make long slits along the length of the pork. Now, cut it from the center and open it up in a long rectangular form. Season it with sea salt and pepper.
2. Fold Over
Arrange some slices of Membrillo and cheese along the center of the pork. Arrange a layer of sage leaves over them and roll the pork to enclose the stuffing. Tie a string on the pork at intervals of 3 cm. Drizzle some olive oil on the pork and season it with salt and pepper.
3. Roast In The Oven
Transfer the pork tenderloin to the roasting tray and roast in a preheated oven (220°C) for about 20 minutes until the skin of the pork is crispy and golden brown. Reduce the oven to 180°C and cook for further 50 minutes. Remove the pork from the roasting tray and set it aside to rest.
4. Sauce In Making
Add sherry to the roasting tray over medium heat. Scrap up the bit stuck in the bottom of the tray using the spatula and add garlic. Remove the herbs and add the resting juices from the meat. Let it reduce until it thickens and remove from the heat. Strain this sauce into a bowl.
5. Slice It And Serve
Remove the string from the pork and carve thick slices of the pork. Pour the sauce over the slices and serve.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin A||101 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin Look and Taste?
So, we’re done with the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s pork tenderloin. It looks crispy on the outside. The moment to start slicing it, its crackling sound will tempt me to take a bit. It gets tender and juicy as you dig in the knife. It’s loaded with the flavors of Manchego cheese and Membrillo stuffed in pork.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2.2 pounds Pork Loin (roasting joint)
- 6.17 ounces Manchego Cheese (finely sliced)
- 5.29 ounces Membrillo
- 2 Sage Sprigs
- 1 Head of Garlic (horizontally cut)
- 1 Thyme Sprig
- Olive OIl
- 7.03 ounces Medium-dry Sherry
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- On a chopping board, lay the tenderloin along the length. Open the mear out from the center into a long rectangular form and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place the slices of the cheese and Membrillo in the center of the meat. Arrange a layer of sage leaves on the meat and roll it to enclose this stuffing.
- Ties the string along the length of the tenderloin at intervals of 3 cm.
- Add thyme and the remaining sage to a hob-proof roasting pan. Add garlic and lay the pork on top with skin side up. Drizzle some olive oil on it and sprinkle some salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Transfer this roasting tray into a preheated oven (220 C) and cook for about 20 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden. Now, reduce the heat to 180 C and cook more for 50 minutes until the pork is evenly cooked. Remove the pork from the oven and place it on a serving tray. Keep it aside to rest for few minutes
- Place the roasting tray over medium heat. Add sherry and stir while scraping the bits of the pork from the bottom of the tray. Reduce the heat and squash the garlic and take out all the herbs from the pan.
- Add the juice to the pan from the meat in the serving plate. Cut out the strings from the pork and cut thick slices of the pork tenderloin and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What temperature should pork be cooked to the tenderloin?
The temperature you should cook the tenderloin is 145° F.
Should I sear a pork tenderloin before cooking?
Sear the pork tenderloin before you go ahead and roast. It will result in great texture and tenderized pork.
What is good with pork tenderloin?
There are many good-to-go options that go well with pork tenderloin. Some of the options are roasted garlic-parmesan potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and some salads.
How do you cook pre-packaged pork tenderloin?
Preheat the oven at 425° F, place the pork on a shallow baking tray and roast it for 30 minutes.
Grab your apron and get started to prepare pork tenderloin at home. For the details refer to our above recipe article. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.