You don’t need professional chef skills or a brick oven to make a restaurant-style pizza. All you need is a grill, some ingredients, and Gordon Ramsay’s pizza recipe and you can make a delicious pizza at home.
The star of this homemade pizza is actually its dough. The dough is kneaded to perfection and then given the rest it deserves. It is then flattened and cooked until crisp and bubbly. Anyone can add the toppings to it but making the perfect base is the key to a good pizza.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s pizza, mix flour, salt, oil, and yeast in a bowl and then knead this mixture to make the dough. Let the dough rise and then divide it further into 4 balls. Roll the balls to make pizza bases, then cook them in a frying pan. Top them with passata, mozzarella, rosemary, pepper, and oil, and place them under a grill. Cook them for some time, slice, and serve.
This is a summary of the recipe to give you an idea of it. You can find all the details of the recipe below.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pizza Recipe
- Grill-Proof Frying Pan
For Pizza Dough
- 2 7g Sachets Dried Yeast
- 500 g Strong Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fine Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 balls Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 8 tablespoons Tomato Passata
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Making The Dough
- In a small bowl, mix yeast with 325 ml of water and set it aside for a few minutes.
- In another large bowl, add flour and salt and mix them. Make a well in the idle of the flour and pour oil and the yeast mixture into it.
- Using a spoon, mix the flour with the oil and yeast until a dough starts to form. Then, knead it properly for about 10 minutes to make a smooth dough.
- Dust the bowl with flour and place the dough in it. Cover it with a tea towel and set it aside for an hour until it doubles in size.
- When it’s risen, punch the air out of it and knead it for 2 minutes. Then, divide it into 4 equal dough balls.
- Roll the balls with the help of a rolling pin until they are just the size of the frying pan.
Making The Pizza
- Drizzle the frying pan with some oil and place the pizza base in it. Cook it on medium heat for about 6-8 minutes until it bubbles up and crisps.
- Apply the passata over the base. Tear up the mozzarella balls into small pieces and put them all over the base generously. Sprinkle a few rosemary leaves over the base too.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the pizza base and place it under a preheated grill. Cook it for about 4-5 minutes until the dough crisps on the edges and the cheese melts and everything looks golden.
- Take the pizza out of the pan and cut it into slices. Drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza, garnish with some rosemary leaves, and serve.