I love all things chicken. But when we talk about chicken recipes, nothing beats Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for the Peruvian chicken. Crispy and juicy chicken served along with green sauce and salad, this recipe is a great one to try.
Gordon Ramsay is a British chef, writer, television personality, and restaurateur from Scotland. His restaurants are awarded a total of 16 Michelin stars. I made this Peruvian chicken using Gordon Ramsay’s recipe, which I learned from his recipe books. When I gave this chicken recipe, it tasted divine. It was crispy and the right amount of spicy. This recipe is definitely worth a try.
To make this Peruvian chicken, make the spice mixture and spread it inside the chicken’s skin and season with salt. Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Pour the pan juices on it and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, bake for 50 minutes. Serve along with green sauce and salad.
This was just a quick overview of the recipe. For a detailed step-by-step process, scroll down. Don’t skip the ingredients, though. But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Bobby Flay’s Beef Chili- If you are thinking of making a spicy beef chili, then there’s nothing better than Bobby Flay’s recipe. It is a combination of beef, beer, spices to make it flaming hot but also chocolate and maple syrup to add sweetness and balance the spice.
2. Jamie Oliver’s Seafood Linguine– Jamie Oliver is a British chef and a very famous restaurateur. This combination of prawns, scallops, squids, baby capers, anchovies and white wine with a twist of Jamie Oliver’s makes a perfect traditional Italian pasta dish.
3. Jamie Oliver’s Paella– I found out that paella is a dish that is made from Spanish rice and is famous in Spanish cuisine. Jamie Oliver’s Paella Recipe is one of the most sought-after Paella recipes. The chef is a very famous television personality.
4. Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast– Most people know how to make roasted chicken but do you about the famous Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe? Thomas Keller is an American chef, cookbook writer, and restaurateur. His chicken roast recipe is world-famous for its brine and juicy chicken.
Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- 1 Chicken
- 2 Lemons
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- ½ tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 ½ tablespoon Kosher Salt
For Green Sauce
- 1 cup Cilantro Leaves with Tender Stems
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 ½ Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise
For The Salad
- 2 Persian Cucumbers
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 3 Scallions
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ cup Cilantro Leaves
- At 400°F, preheat the oven.
- In a medium bowl, take lemon, grated zest, salt, oregano, pepper, paprika, oil, cumin, garlic. Add lime juice to the spice mixture.
- Along both sides, cut the backbone of spatchcock chicken.
- With the help of your palm, press down the breastbone until you hear the crack sound. Pat dry using a paper towel. Then, rub lemon quarters over it.
- From the edges, loosen the skin of the chicken using your fingers. Spread the spice mixture inside the skin using a spoon and season the chicken with salt.
- Transfer chicken to a roasting pan. Roast chicken for 20 minutes. Then, pour the pan juices over the chicken. Leave the chicken to sit for 5 minutes. Then, at 165ºF, roast chicken for 50-60 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to the cutting board and leave it for 15 minutes.
Making Green Sauce
- In a blender, add cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, oil, lime juice, and salt.
- Blend them until it will become smooth and add mayonnaise while blending.
- Put all the sauce in a small bowl and keep it in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, toss cilantro, salt, oil, lime juice, scallions, avocado, cucumbers. If needed, sprinkle cilantro over.
- On a platter, serve the chicken along with pan juices and serve with green sauce and salad.