Gordon Ramsay pea and ham soup is protein-rich comfort food with extremely low carbs and sugar. It is intensely flavorful and is served with double cream and fraise. Wanna try this amazing recipe? If yes, then scroll further and read the entire article.
For Gordon Ramsay peas and ham soup, add onion, bay leaves, and ham slices to a pan containing butter. Cook for 5 minutes. Add peas and stock to the pan. Cook for a few minutes and blend it.
Transfer it to the saucepan and simmer until desired consistency. Finish with chopped parsley. Serve with double cream and fraise.
One should remember that the peas in the soup should be cooked until tender. But if you like a smoother and creamier soup, cook them longer until they are soft and falling apart.
Gordon Ramsay pea and ham soup is simple and super easy. It looks exotic like a gourmet soup and is genuinely delicious.
Fraise served with soup gives a subtle tangy taste with the flavors of the soup. It gets ready within 3 hours. So, read the recipe instructions below and try this healthy recipe now.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh
- Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak
- Gordon Ramsay Toad In The Hole
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Roll
- Gordon Ramsay Holiday Stuffing
- Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass
- Gordon Ramsay Pan Fried Scallops
- Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Tacos
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup?
- Skillet – Cook chopped veggies, ham, and frozen peas in a skillet until they are soft and tender.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a knife into chunks for easy cooking.
- Blender – Blend the ham and peas mixture in a blender until you achieve desired consistency.
- Spatula – Sauté the veggies well with a spatula to avoid burning.
- Spoon – Transfer the blended mixture back into the saucepan with a spoon to avoid waste.
- Chopping Tray – Keep the chopping tray under the veggies before slicing them.
- Serving Bowl – Pour ham and pea soup in a serving bowl topped with chopped parsley.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||3 Hours||3 Hours 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup?
- Butter – Brown the veggies in butter, enhancing the flavors making the veggies creamy.
- Double Cream – Serve your hearty soup with double cream for a silky mouthful and rich flavor.
- Vegetable Stock – Pour vegetable stock while making the soup to add and balances the flavor of the soup.
- Fraise – Pour spoons of fraise for adding sweeter taste to the soup.
- Welfare Ham – Dice and cook ham for a slight underlying sweetness.
- Frozen Peas – Frozen peas will add a sweet and savory notes o the soup when cooked.
- Onion – Sauté one chopped onion in a skillet until soft and translucent to add in to the soup.
- Leek – Chop and cook leeks for a sweet and oniony flavor which will give the depth flavor to the soup.
- Parsley – Parsley will brighten and balance the flavor of the soup.
- Bay Leaves – Bay leaves will add a subtle bitterness to the soup.
- Salt – Sprinkle salt while making the soup to enhance flavors of the ingredients.
- Pepper – Season your soup with black pepper to make its bolder version.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup
1. Start With The Basics
Take half a pound of ham and slice them into chunks. Chop one onion and leeks into small-pieces for easy sautéing.
In a saucepan, add slices of butter, bay leaves, chopped leek, onions, and sliced ham. Cook the veggies for 5 minutes until onions and ham soften. Now add frozen peas and cook for a minute.
2. Making Of The Soup
Pour the vegetable stock into the pan of veggies. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes. Once cooked, let it cool for 5 minutes and remove the bay leaves from the pan.
Blend the mixture in a blender for a few seconds until it is smooth and creamy. Transfer the blended mixture back into the saucepan and simmer it over medium heat.
Season the soup with salt and pepper as per your taste. Let it cook for a few minutes until your get desired consistency.
Finish with chopped parsley and serve this soup with double cream or fraise.
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1292 iu|
|Vitamin C||35 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay pea and ham soup is creamy and flavorful with notes of sweetness from the leeks, and it’s the perfect comfort food for a cold winter’s day. Plenty of fresh vegetables and herbs have added the soup heartiness and extra depth of flavor.
Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup Recipe
- Chopping Tray
- 1.7 ounce Butter
- 4 tablespoon Double Cream
- Fraise (leftover)
- 26 ounces Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 pound Welfare Ham (cooked and diced)
- 1 pound Frozen Peas
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Leek (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- To a saucepan, add butter, bay leaves, chopped leek, chopped onions, and sliced ham.
- Cook for at least 5 minutes until onions and ham soften. Add peas and cook for about a minute.
- Pour the stock into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Let it cool for 5 minutes after removing it from the heat.
- Remove the bay leaves from the pan. Blend this for a few seconds until it is smooth.
- Transfer this back into the saucepan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for a few minutes until desired consistency.
- Finish with chopped parsley and serve this soup with double cream or fraise.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What spices to put in ham and split pea soup?
You can add onion, celery, and garlic in the soup. Season your soup with bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, chicken broth, and the ham bone or hocks.
How to thicken pea and ham soup?
We recommend adding flour or corn flour in the soup to thicken a watery broth. Stir around 2-3 teaspoons of the flour in the soup until it combines. Then add this to the broth until and cook it through for a few more minutes.
Why is my pea and ham soup watery?
The reason behind watery pea and ham soup is the addition of too much water or stock. Try adding thickening agents such as pureed vegetables, flour or cream-based products to change the texture of the soup by condensing the excess water.
What can I add to bland pea and ham soup?
Salt and pepper is enough to spice up your bland pea and ham soup. However, some goes for bouillon cubes/paste. You’ll need to mix them in small amounts in the soup first to get them dissolve well, then stir that into the rest of the soup. If you are adding real meat, you’ll need to cook it a while longer to get the flavor into the soup.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy soup at home, give Gordon Ramsay pea and ham soup a try. I am sure you won’t be disappointed! Don’t forget to share your experience with us.