Remember the movie “No Reservations”? I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt inspiration-struck to try those creative recipes, especially pan-fried scallops. Luckily! I found the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s pan-fried scallops. It looks the same and is super delicious just like any other Gordon Ramsay delicacy. These scallops are seared in butter and oil until they’re crispy and golden brown. And guess what! You can pair these scallops with any dish you like.
Gordon Ramsay’s pan-fried scallops have a tender and buttery texture. These are low in calories and cholesterol. In fact! Scallops are known to be the only shellfish with a negligible amount of mercury. Before you try this recipe, make sure you remove the muscle that is attached to the shallots with the shell. Scallops have a mildly sweet flavor and so they’re called the candy of the sea.
Out of all the ideas to make scallops, Gordon Ramsay’s pan-fried scallops are my favorite. If you don’t believe me, try it on your own. It’s super easy and requires handy ingredients. Check out the recipe instructions and the equipment list for this recipe. The easily available ingredients are also mentioned below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Turkey Breast– Turkey breast is a tad bit difficult to cook when compared with other alternatives. Watch this recipe till the end to know the right way.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Chocolate Avocado Mousse– Looking for the perfect dessert to bring an end to your fulfilling meal? Give a shot to Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate avocado.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Hot Chicken Wings– Take the spice scale up a notch with hot chicken wings recipe from Gordon Ramsay. You can choose the level of spice as per your palate.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Shrimp Scampi– The recipe for shrimp scampi from Gordon Ramsay is super creamy. You can even use frozen scampi to whip this up.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Pan-Fried Scallops?
Read the list below to know about the various equipment required for the recipe.
- Bowl- Transfer the scallops in a large bowl and season them. You can also use a large bowl to serve scallops.
- Saucepan- To pan-fry the scallops, you’ll need a saucepan.
- Kitchen Tongs- With the help of kitchen tongs, you can easily flip the scallops in the pan.
- Spoon- You can use a spoon to transfer cooked scallops on a platter.
- Paper Towel- You’ll need a paper towel to pat the scallops dry.
- Platter- Serve cooked scallops in a platter with your choice of sides.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Pan-Fried Scallops?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||4 Minutes||9 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Pan-Fried Scallops?
Now, here’s the list of all the ingredients required to make delicious pan-fried scallops.
- Dry Scallops- Use dry scallops instead of wet scallops. Dry Scallops are natural and not treated with phosphates. They beautifully caramelize when seared in a pan and taste naturally sweet.
- Butter- To bring rich flavor in scallops, add unsalted butter.
- Avocado Oil- We need to use the oil with a high smoke point. So, avocado oil is the best choice.
- Kosher Salt- It’s the best seasoning salt. It works well before and after cooking.
- Ground Black Pepper- Use freshly ground black pepper to add more earthy and hot spicy flavor to scallops.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Pan-Fried Scallops Recipe
1. Pat the scallops dry!
Rinse your scallops with chilled water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Season the scallops
Sprinkle some kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to season the scallops in a bowl. Leave them aside for a few minutes.
3. Sear scallops until golden brown
Add 2 teaspoons of avocado oil and a knob of butter to a pan over high heat. As the oil gets hot, carefully place scallops into the pan and make sure they don’t touch each other. Sear the scallops for about 1.5 minutes on each side until they get the lightly golden-brown crust.
Transfer the scallops into a platter and serve these with salad, salsa, lemon sauce, pasta, or the way you like.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||70 IU|
How Will Your Recipe Look and Taste?
Now that your pan-fried scallops are done, you can enjoy these. They have a crispy brown crust. The salt and pepper seasoning adds a basic yet elegant flavor which makes these scallops perfect to pair with any dish you like. They have a slight oceanic odor and have a mild sweet taste that compliments mashed potatoes, salsa, lemon sauce, pasta, Alfredo, or salad.
Gordon Ramsay’s Pan Fried Scallops Recipe
- 2 pounds Dry Scallops
- 2 teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoon Avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse the scallops thoroughly with cold water and pat them dry.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Place a saucepan over high heat and add oil and butter to it. When the oil in the pan is hot, slowly add scallops to the pan. Make sure the scallops do not touch each other.
- Sear the scallops for at least 1.5 minutes on each side until they're golden brown. Make sure they're still translucent in the center and not overcooked.
- Serve these scallops immediately once they're cooked.