Remember the movie “No Reservations”? I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt inspiration-struck to try those creative recipes, especially pan-fried scallops. Luckily! I found the recipe for Gordon Ramsay pan-fried scallops.
It looks the same and is super delicious just like any other Gordon Ramsay delicacy. These scallops are seared in butter and oil until they’re crispy and golden brown. And guess what! You can pair these scallops with any dish you like.
To make pan-fried scallops, sear the seasoned scallops in butter and oil until they are golden brown and translucent. Serve them hot with mashed potatoes, pasta or salad.
Gordon Ramsay pan-fried scallops can be seasoned with a mixture of traditional, Italian seasonings including basil, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, cilantro, savory and marjoram.
Out of all the ideas to make scallops, Gordon Ramsay pan-fried scallops are my favorite. If you don’t believe me, try it on your own. It’s super easy and requires handy ingredients.
Check out the recipe instructions and the equipment list for this recipe. The easily available ingredients are also mentioned below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Chicken Wings
- Gordon Ramsay Trifle
- Gordon Ramsay Crème Brulee
- Gordon Ramsay Panna Cotta
- Gordon Ramsay Ice Cream
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Crumble
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Meringue Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Raspberry Soufflé
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse
What Are The Tips To Make Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops?
If you want to make Gordon Ramsay pan-fried scallops, there are a few tips you should follow:
- Please make sure the scallops are dry before cooking them. If wet, they won’t sear properly and will be steamed instead of pan-fried.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper before cooking them. It will help to bring out their flavor.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan when cooking the scallops. If necessary, you’ll need to cook them in batches to get a good sear on each one.
- Be sure to use a hot pan so that the scallops cook evenly.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to making delicious pan-fried scallops just like Gordon Ramsay!
How To Buy Scallops For Pan-Fried Scallops?
When it comes to buying scallops for pan-fried scallops, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, make sure that you buy dry-packed scallops. These are scallops that have not been treated with chemicals or preservatives and will result in a better flavor.
- Second, you’ll want to buy smaller, more tender scallops.
- Finally, buy fresh scallops – frozen scallops will also not work.
With those tips in mind, let’s look at where you can buy scallops for pan-fried scallops. The best place to buy scallops is from a fishmonger or seafood market.
This way, you can be sure that the scallops are fresh and of good quality. If you don’t have access to a fishmonger or seafood market, your next best bet is the seafood section of your grocery store.
Look for scallops that are plump and have a creamy white color – this is an indication of freshness. Avoid scallops that are discolored or have any sign of freezer burn.
Now that you know how to buy scallops for pan-fried scallops, let’s move on to the next step: prepping them for cooking.
Can You Sear Frozen Scallops?
It is generally not recommended to sear frozen scallops because they can cook unevenly and may release too much water, causing them to stick to the pan.
If you must sear frozen scallops, ensure they are completely thawed first and dry them well with paper towels. It is important to use a hot pan so that the outside of the scallop sears quickly while the inside stays raw.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops?
- Saucepan – To pan-fry the scallops, you’ll need a saucepan.
- Kitchen Tongs – With the help of kitchen tongs, you can easily flip the scallops in the pan.
- Bowl – Transfer the scallops in a large bowl and season them. You can also use a large bowl to serve scallops.
- Spoon – You can use a spoon to transfer cooked scallops on a platter.
- Paper Towel – You’ll need a paper towel to pat the scallops dry.
- Platter – Serve cooked scallops in a platter with your choice of sides.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||4 Minutes||9 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops?
- Dry Scallops – Use dry scallops instead of wet scallops. Dry Scallops are natural and not treated with phosphates. They beautifully caramelize when seared in a pan and taste naturally sweet.
- Butter – To bring rich flavor in scallops, add unsalted butter.
- Avocado Oil – We need to use the oil with a high smoke point. So, avocado oil is the best choice.
- Kosher Salt – It’s the best seasoning salt. It works well before and after cooking.
- Ground Black Pepper – Use freshly ground black pepper to add more earthy and hot spicy flavor to scallops.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops
1. Pat The Scallops Dry
Rinse your scallops with chilled water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Season The Scallops
Sprinkle some kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to season the scallops in a bowl. Leave them aside for a few minutes.
3. Sear Scallops
Add 2 teaspoons of avocado oil and a knob of butter to a pan over high heat. As the oil gets hot, carefully place scallops into the pan and make sure they don’t touch each other.
Sear the scallops for about 1.5 minutes on each side until they get the lightly golden-brown crust.
Transfer the scallops into a platter and serve these with salad, salsa, lemon sauce, pasta, or the way you like.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||70 IU|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops Look And Taste Like?
Now that your pan-fried scallops are done, you can enjoy these. They have a crispy brown crust. The salt and pepper seasoning adds a basic yet elegant flavor which makes these scallops perfect to pair with any dish you like.
They have a slight oceanic odor and have a mild sweet taste that compliments mashed potatoes, salsa, lemon sauce, pasta, Alfredo, or salad.
How Long To Pan Sear The Scallops?
Scallops are versatile seafood that you can cook in various ways. One popular method is pan-frying, which gives the scallops a crispy exterior while keeping the inside tender and juicy.
So, how long should you pan-fry scallops for? It depends on the scallop size and how well you want it cooked.
If you’re not sure how well done you want your scallops, start with the shorter cooking time and then check them periodically until they reach the desired doneness.
Remember that scallops will continue to cook slightly after they’re removed from the pan, so if you want them on the rarer side, take them out a minute or two before they’re fully cooked.
Now that you know how long it takes to pan-sear your scallops, let’s move on to Gordon Ramsay’s recipe.
What To Serve With Pan-Seared Scallops?
When it comes to seafood, scallops are a real treat. They’re delicate, sweet and versatile, making them perfect for a special occasion meal. But what do you serve with pan-seared scallops?
- A Simple Green Salad – A green salad is the perfect light accompaniment to pan-seared scallops.
- Roasted Vegetables – Roasted vegetables make a great side dish for pan-seared scallops. They’re healthy and flavorful and pair well with just about any protein.
- Mashed potatoes – Mashed potatoes are always a good idea! They’re creamy and comforting and go great with pan-seared scallops.
- Quinoa Pilaf – Looking for a healthy grain to serve with your pan-seared scallops? Quinoa is a great option! This nutrient-rich grain has a mild flavor that pairs well with many ingredients.
Gordon Ramsay Pan-Fried Scallops Recipe
- Kitchen Tongs
- Paper Towel
- 2 pounds Dry Scallops
- 2 teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 teaspoon Avocado Oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse the scallops thoroughly with cold water and pat them dry.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Place a saucepan over high heat and add oil and butter to it.
- When the oil in the pan is hot, slowly add scallops to the pan. Make sure the scallops do not touch each other.
- Sear the scallops for at least 1.5 minutes on each side until they're golden brown. Make sure they're still translucent in the center and not overcooked.
- Serve these scallops immediately once they're cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to pan fry scallops?
Preheat a pan over a high-heat and add a tbsp of oil. Pat dry scallops with kitchen paper and season well. Add the scallops to the pan flat side down and cook until golden brown, this will take 2-3 minutes.
Should you rinse scallops before frying?
Rinse the scallops, then pat them dry with paper towels before cooking. If scallops have too much moisture on the outside, they won’t brown properly.
Should you salt scallops before cooking?
Thorough dry the scallops by salting them and blotting with paper towels. It will give you a nice dry surface that browns far more efficiently.
Should scallops be seasoned before cooking?
You don’t even need to season them before cooking, you can add some salt and pepper if you like but they don’t need much.
Gordon Ramsay pan-fried scallops have a perfectly golden brown crust, just like at the restaurants! They’re incredibly simple to make at home and much cheaper than dining out.
If you have tried this recipe at home, don’t forget to share your experience with us.