Everybody wants to have a comforting bowl of creamy soup in winter and Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup is just that. This healthy soup recipe has no rocket science involved and is really simple to make. You need just half an hour to prep and that too, to make the mushroom stock. Once that’s done, it’s smooth sailing from there.
A bowl of hot Mushroom soup is not only delicious but also healthy. Mushrooms are low in calories but high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. They are also known to lower the risk of heart diseases and Alzheimer’s. They are also low in sodium so they are also good for people with hypertension.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup, boil water and pour them over the mushrooms. Set them aside for 30 minutes. After that, heat oil in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it. Then, add mushrooms, the mushroom stock, and thyme to it and cook for 30 minutes. Blend this mixture to make a puree. Pour it into a bowl and top with cream, lemon juice, and rind.
You can also use dashi or its substitute, dried shiitake mushroom soup stock, to enhance the flavor of your soup. Of course, this is just a suggestion. This was only a snippet for Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup. Find the complete recipe below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade
- Gordon Ramsay Rocket Mushroom & Bacon Quiche
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes
- Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Risotto
- Gordon Ramsay Raspberry Souffle
- Gordon Ramsay Beetroot Cured Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Beef Carpaccio
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup?
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to cook the mushrooms for garnish.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir and combine the ingredients for the soup.
- Pan – Use a large pan to make the soup. You can also use a large pot or Dutch pot to make this soup.
- Blender – To blend the ingredients for the soup, you need a blender.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup?
- Porcini Mushrooms – Use dried Porcini mushrooms for this recipe. Dried Porcini mushrooms add a nutty and earthy meatiness to the soup. They are nutritious and have comparatively deeper flavor.
- Mushrooms – Chop some button mushrooms for the soup. Mushrooms are the main ingredient for this recipe. You can use mixed varieties of mushrooms to make this soup.
- Onion – Chop an onion to add a slightly sweet flavor to the soup.
- Garlic – Garlic cloves add a slightly nutty and a basic seasoning flavor to the soup. I’ve minced one and a half cloves of garlic for this soup.
- Butter – Butter enhances the texture of this soup and adds more flavors to it. You need to add butter to the oil used for cooking the veggies for soup and to roast the mushrooms.
- Thyme – Thyme adds herbal flavors to the soup. Use about three sprigs of thyme for the soup. You can also use thyme to garnish the soup.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is the main ingredient to cook the veggies and mushrooms for the soup. You need about one ounce of olive oil for this soup.
- Chives – Chives add fresh earthy flavors to the soup. Add about two tablespoons of chopped chives to the pan containing onions.
- Crème fraîche – Creme fraiche adds a mildly sour taste to the soup and also improves its texture. You might need about three tablespoons of Creme fraiche for this recipe.
- Vegetable Stock – Vegetable stock gives body to the soup. It enhances the taste of the soup and gives it a thick and smooth texture. I’ve used about ten ounces of vegetable stock for this soup.
- Salt and Pepper – Enhance the taste of this soup by adding salt and pepper to it.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup
1. Cook Mushrooms And Veggies
Add boiled water to a small bowl containing Porcini mushrooms. Now, set a large pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to it. Toss in onions, button mushrooms, minced garlic, and chives. Add thyme and Porcini mushrooms along with the mushroom stock. Give then a good stir.
2. Pour In Stock
After the mushrooms and onions in the pan are soft, add vegetable stock to it. Let the mixture cook for about 30 minutes on low heat. In another pan, cook mushrooms in olive oil with thyme sprigs in it until the mushrooms are brown.
3. Blend It Smooth And Serve
Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup mixture until a smooth creamy soup is formed. Add two scoops of creme fraiche to the soup and blend it again. Transfer the soup to the bowl and garnish it with roasted mushrooms, thyme, and creme fraiche.
|Saturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Vitamin A||98.7 IU|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup is creamy and delicious just like any other Gordon Ramsay recipe! It’s filled with the flavors of mushrooms and onion with a hint of earthy flavor from thyme and chives. Porcini mushrooms add nutty and earthy notes to this soup. Creme fraiche adds a slightly sour taste and enhances the color and texture of this soup.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 50 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 60 g Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1½ cloves Garlic (minced)
- 50 g Butter
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 250 ml Boiling Cream
- 2 tablespoon Chives
- 3 tablespoon Crème fraîche
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Boil water in a saucepan and pour it over the porcini mushrooms. Cover the bowl with the mushrooms and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain them and save this stock for later.
- Now heat oil and butter in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it with garlic chives and thyme.
- Add the button mushrooms and mushroom stock to the pan.
- Add the vegetable stock to this mixture. Season it with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Then using a blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour this soup into a bowl and top it with crème fraîche.
- Your mushroom soup is ready.
Did you try this recipe? Tell me in the comments below and try other recipes too.