Everybody wants to have a comforting bowl of creamy soup in winter and Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup is just that. This healthy soup recipe has no rocket science involved and is really simple to make. You need just half an hour to prep and that too, to make the mushroom stock. Once that’s done, it’s smooth sailing from there.
A bowl of hot Mushroom soup is not only delicious but also healthy. Mushrooms are low in calories but high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. They are also known to lower the risk of heart diseases and Alzheimer’s. They are also low in sodium so they are also good for people with hypertension.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup, boil water and pour them over the mushrooms. Set them aside for 30 minutes. After that, heat oil in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it. Then, add mushrooms, the mushroom stock, and thyme to it and cook for 30 minutes. Blend this mixture to make a puree. Pour it into a bowl and top with cream, lemon juice, and rind.
This is only a snippet for Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom soup. Find the complete recipe below.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 50 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 60 g Button Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1½ cloves Garlic (minced)
- 50 g Butter
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 250 ml Boiling Cream
- 250 ml Cream
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- The Rind of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Boil water in a saucepan and pour it over the porcini mushrooms. Cover the bowl with the mushrooms and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Then, drain them and save this stock for later. Cut the mushroom into small pieces.
- Then, heat oil and butter in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it. Add the button mushrooms, mushroom stock, and thyme to the pan.
- Cook on low heat for almost 30 minutes.
- Then, using a blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour this soup into a bowl and top it with cream, lemon juice, and rind. Your mushroom soup is ready.