Everybody wants to have a comforting bowl of creamy soup in winter and Gordon Ramsay mushroom soup is just that. This healthy soup recipe has no rocket science involved and is really simple to make.
To make Gordon Ramsay mushroom soup, boil water and add mushrooms. Set them aside for 30 minutes. After that, heat oil in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it.
Then, add mushrooms, the mushroom stock, and thyme to it and cook for 30 minutes. Blend this mixture to make a puree. Pour it into a bowl and top with cream, lemon juice, and rind.
You can also use dashi or its substitute, dried shiitake mushroom soup stock, to enhance the flavor of your soup.
If you want your mushroom soup more tasty and mushroom-y in taste, then I would definitely recommend you to check out the products of Natures Rise.
Of course, this is just a suggestion. It was just a snippet for Gordon Ramsay mushroom soup. Find the complete recipe below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Marinade
- Gordon Ramsay Rocket Mushroom & Bacon Quiche
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Mashed Potatoes
- Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Risotto
- Gordon Ramsay Raspberry Souffle
- Gordon Ramsay Beetroot Cured Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Beef Carpaccio
What Type Of Mushrooms You Can Use For This Soup?
With so many types of mushrooms available, it’s easy to unlock the incredible flavor of mushroom soup. The options and recipes are endless, from woodsy shiitakes and hearty cremini to versatile white buttons and seasonal gems (morels).
I have listed a few mushrooms you can use for the recipe.
- White Button – The white button mushroom is the most common and mild mushroom with a soft texture.
- Cremini – Cremini mushrooms are interchangeable in most recipes with their relative, the white button, but more firm in texture, darker in color, and even more flavorful.
- Portobello – Portobello mushrooms are large, incredibly “meaty,” and rich in flavor. Since they’re dense and hold up to various cooking methods (grilling, broiling and roasting), they make a great vegetarian meat alternative.
- Oyster – Oyster mushrooms look alike oysters. They are very tender and chewy in texture. Oyster mushrooms are light in color and have a mild, almost sweet aroma and flavor. Once cooked, oyster mushrooms take on a meaty texture. Use oyster mushrooms in soups, sauces and stir-fries.
- Morels – A sought-after spring mushroom in the Midwest and West, the morel mushroom is bold in flavor and somewhat spongey in texture. They are cone-like and are best sautéed in butter, fried, or cooked in a creamy sauce.
How Do You Make Mushroom Soup Without Cream?
If you need to leave out the cream, you can substitute it with evaporated or regular milk (full fat or 2% are fine). Just be careful not to boil it rapidly, as it may curdle. Go with a very gentle simmer over low heat for about a minute to heat it through.
You can leave out the cream or milk for a dairy-free option. Our mushroom soup is still nice and creamy without the dairy component!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup?
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to cook the mushrooms for garnish.
- Pan – Use a large pan to make the soup. You can also use a large pot or Dutch pot to make this soup.
- Blender – To blend the ingredients for the soup, you need a blender.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir and combine the ingredients for the soup.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|40 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup?
- Porcini Mushrooms – Use dried porcini mushrooms for this recipe. Dried porcini mushrooms add a nutty and earthy meatiness to the soup. They are nutritious and have comparatively deeper flavor.
- Button Mushrooms – Chop some button mushrooms for the soup. Mushrooms are the main ingredient for this recipe. You can use mixed varieties of mushrooms to make this soup.
- Butter – Butter enhances the texture of this soup and adds more flavors to it. You need to add butter to the oil used for cooking the veggies for soup and to roast the mushrooms.
- Crème Fraiche – Crème fraiche adds a mildly sour taste to the soup and also improves its texture. You might need about three tablespoons of crème fraiche for this recipe.
- Vegetable Stock – Vegetable stock gives body to the soup. It enhances the taste of the soup and gives it a thick and smooth texture. I’ve used about ten ounces of vegetable stock for this soup.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil is the main ingredient to cook the veggies and mushrooms for the soup. You need about one ounce of olive oil for this soup.
- Onion – Chop an onion to add a slightly sweet flavor to the soup.
- Garlic – Garlic cloves add a slightly nutty and a basic seasoning flavor to the soup. I’ve minced one and a half cloves of garlic for this soup.
- Thyme – Thyme adds herbal flavors to the soup. Use about three sprigs of thyme for the soup. You can also use thyme to garnish the soup.
- Chives – Chives add fresh earthy flavors to the soup. Add about two tablespoons of chopped chives to the pan containing onions.
- Salt – Enhance the taste of this soup by adding salt to it.
- Pepper – Spice up your mushroom soup by adding a pinch of black pepper in it.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup
1. Cooking The Mushrooms
Add boiled water to a small bowl containing porcini mushrooms and leave it aside until tender. Now, set a large pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter to it. Toss in onions, button mushrooms, minced garlic, and chives.
Add thyme and porcini mushrooms along with the mushroom stock. Give them a good stir.
2. Pour In Stock
After the mushrooms and onions in the pan are soft, add vegetable stock to it. Let the mixture cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.
In another pan, cook mushrooms in olive oil with thyme sprigs in it until the mushrooms are brown.
3. Blend It Smooth And Serve
Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup mixture until a smooth creamy soup is formed. Add two scoops of crème fraiche to the soup and blend it again.
Transfer the soup to the bowl and garnish it with roasted mushrooms, thyme, and crème fraiche.
|Saturated Fat||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Vitamin A||98.7 IU|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay mushroom soup is creamy and delicious just like any other Gordon Ramsay recipe! It’s filled with the flavors of mushrooms and onion with a hint of earthy flavor from thyme and chives.
Porcini mushrooms add nutty and earthy notes to this soup. Crème fraiche adds a slightly sour taste and enhances the color and texture of this soup.
Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 50 grams Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 60 grams Button Mushrooms (Chopped)
- 50 g Butter
- 3 tablespoons Crème fraîche
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1½ cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 2 tablespoons Chives
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Boil water in a saucepan and pour it over the porcini mushrooms. Cover the bowl with the mushrooms and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain them and save this stock for later.
- Now heat oil and butter in a pan and cook onions and garlic in it with garlic chives and thyme.
- Add the button mushrooms and mushroom stock to the pan.
- Add the vegetable stock to this mixture. Season it with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Then using a blender, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour this soup into a bowl and top it with crème fraîche.
- Your mushroom soup is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is my soup not creamy?
Once flour is added just saute for few seconds and add water, milk and keep stirring in low medium flame. It will thicken soon if it does not then simmer for few more mins but keep stirring. Adding cream gives creaminess and rich taste to the soup.
How can I make this soup vegan?
You can use olive oil replacing butter and almond milk or soya milk replacing milk. You can use cashew or almond paste to make it more creamy.
How to store this mushroom soup?
This Soup keeps well in room temperature for about a day and in fridge for 1 more day. As its purely milk based soup I would suggest to consume and finish it off the day it is made itself.
What is mushroom soup made of?
This simple, delicious recipe is made without cream or milk. A mix of butter and flour thicken chicken stock to create a velvety soup without being too heavy. The combination of cremini and white button mushrooms add earthy notes that work well with the rich broth.
Did you try this recipe of Gordon Ramsay mushroom soup? Tell me in the comments below and try other recipes too.