Risotto is one of those dishes that everyone loves to eat. However, there are so many ways to make this recipe at home. But, my favorite is Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom risotto. It is so delightful and one of the most uncomplicated variants of all risotto recipes.
People often confuse risotto as a pasta dish, but it is actually a rice-based dish. Risotto is a North Italian dish that is made with Arborio rice. You will fall in love with this dish. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare this delight.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom risotto, take a large skillet, add olive oil, stir in the mushrooms. In another skillet, add some olive oil, shallots, and rice. When the rice is golden in color, pour in the wine, and stir till the wine is fully absorbed. Add about half the broth, and stir until it is absorbed. Finally add mushrooms, butter, chives, and parmesan, salt, and pepper.
The above-given recipe was just a glimpse. If you are new to making risotto, be sure to check out step-by-step instructions and ingredients that I have used in this recipe. you can also check out the video. But before you jump to the recipe card, check out some other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Shepherd’s Pie -Originated from England, this mutton-based dish is topped with mashed potatoes baked in the oven.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Leg Of Lamb– This fruity yet savory dish has a bundle of flavors just waiting to explode. This recipe will surely be a hit at your next family gathering.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Crispy Salmon– Gordon Ramsay brings you a way to cook the jewel of the sea in the most exquisite manner.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Risotto?
- Saucepan- Warm up the broth in a saucepan. No! You cannot add cold broth (*angry Italian sounds*).
- Skillet- You need 2 skillets for this recipe. You’ll need one for cooking the muhsrooms and another for making the risotto. If you as lazy I am, you can just clean the skillet with the mushrooms and use it to make the risotto.
- Spatula- This recipe needs a lot of stirring. Use a spatula. It may not help your arm bt it’ll still help you make good risotto.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Risotto?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Risotto?
- Arborio Rice- The arboria rice is the soul for thi smooth ans starchy risotto.
- Shallots– The shallots add a sweet and earthy texture to the dish.
- Chicken Broth– Chicken broth makes the risotto flavorful and delicious. Just warm it up first.
- Mushrooms- Use little baby bella mushrooms for this recipe.
- Chives– Chives add a grassy and herby flavor to the recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese– Add some shredded parmesan to make this dish perfect.
- Butter– Butter makes the whole affair smoother and creamier. Huh, I love butter (*dreams about butter*).
- White Wine– White wine is used to speeden up the cooking process. Just add it and watch everything go in flames.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil– Add a little olive oil to cook the shallots.
- Salt and Pepper– These two best friends might arrive late at the party but they are kind of the MVP’s.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Risotto
1. Room For Mushroom?
Take a saucepan and put the chicken broth in it. Place the saucepan over low heat to keep the broth warm. You can’t put the cold broth into your risotto. That’ll ruin it.
Then, take a large skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in it over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms to it and cook until soft. Remove the mushrooms and their liquid from the skillet and keep them aside. Now that your mushrooms are ready, let’s prepare your risotto.
2. Preparing The Risotto
It is time to prepare the risotto. Take a large skillet and add a tablespoon of olive oil to it. Let it heat a bit and add the shallots. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add rice and stir. When the rice is pale in color, pour in the wine. Stir until the wine is fully evaporated.
Continue adding broth 1 cup at a time, until the liquid is absorbed, for about 20-25 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat, and add mushrooms along with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan to it. Season with salt and pepper to taste and your smooth mushroom risotto is ready.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Vitamin A||305 1U|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
How Will The Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Risotto Look And Taste Like?
The mushroom risotto looks creamy and delicious. You can taste the earthy mushrooms, the smoothness of butter, the sweetness of shallots, the creaminess of parmesan, and the starchiness of the rice. All of these individual flavors come together to make a great dish.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- 1 Saucepan
- 2 large Skillet
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- ½ cup Shallots (finely diced)
- 8 cups Chicken Broth (divided)
- 2 cups Mushrooms (baby bella)
- 3 tablespoons Chives (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup White Wine
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Take a saucepan.
- Put the chicken broth in the saucepan over low heat.
- Take a large skillet.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and keep it aside.
- Take a large skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and shallots. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add rice and stir.
- When the rice is pale or golden color, pour in the wine, stir until the wine is fully absorbed.
- Continue adding broth 1 cup at a time, until the liquid is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was all about Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom risotto. Try making this recipe and tell me how well you liked it in the comments. Happy cooking!