Wanna have a cozy Christmas drink for the family feast? Well! Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine is the one you should definitely try. Warm spices like ginger, star anise, and cinnamon in this wine perfectly balance its generous fruitiness. So, let’s spice up the regular wine and enjoy this cozy Christmas drink.
Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine is super easy to prepare and is served warm. You can make it a day before the feast and reheat to serve. Let the spices stay for longer in the wine to have a stronger and better taste. You can add more spices or use different spices if you like. You can add licorice, cardamom, lemongrass, and many other spices according to your taste.
Now, let’s get ahead with the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine. You don’t need much equipment for this simple recipe. The ingredients are also easily available. If you like the orange fruity taste of this drink, you can also use Amer picon or its substitutes to make fruity cocktails.
Check out the lists below before you try your hands on this recipe. But before you check it out, explore the other Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas recipes.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Trifle– Gordon Ramsay’s trifle offers you layers of goodness in the form of a delicious raspberry flavored dessert. Layer the raspberry jelly, custard with sponge fingers. Top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries and you are set to stuff your face with raspberry goodness.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Christmas Martini– Gordon Ramsay’s christmas martini is a great holiday cocktail. It is a mixture amaretto and vodka. The flavors infused are cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and orange zest.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Braised Red Cabbage– Gordon Ramsay’s red braised cabbage is a great side dish for your Christmas dinner. The best part is it won’t add to your holiday weight as it is low fat. The cabbage is braised in red wine vinegar and is flavored with sugar and spices.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Sauce– Gordon Ramsay’s bread sauce is a light sauce for your Christmas feast. It goes perfectly well with chicken as well as turkey. The thick sauce is flavored with spices that make it all the more better.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine?
- Bowl- You can store the warm wine in a bowl for at least two hours to let all the flavors of spices added infuse in it.
- Saucepan- Use a large saucepan to prepare mulled wine by slightly warming it over low heat.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the wine with spices in the saucepan.
- Sieve- Strain the wine from the pan using a sieve and remove the spices.
- Glass- Serve Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine in heat-proof glasses or cups.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine?
|Preparation Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||2 Hours||2 Hours 5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine?
- Red wine- Use a good quality red wine for Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine.
- Port- Add ruby port to add fresh sweet flavor and deep red color to the wine.
- Sugar- Use soft brown sugar to add sweetness to the wine. Soft brown sugar is healthier than regular sugar and it dissolves better.
- Star anise- Add an aromatic, earthy flavor to the wine by adding two or three star anise to the wine.
- Cloves- Add a half teaspoon of cloves to give a spicy-aromatic lift to the wine.
- Bay leaves- Just three bay leaves are enough to add more earthy flavors and aroma to this Christmas wine.
- Cinnamon sticks- Add two cinnamon sticks broken into half. It adds a slightly spicy and sweet aroma to the recipe.
- Ginger- Roughly chop a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger to add a spicy taste.
- Orange- Cut an orange into two segments and serve with Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine
1. Spice Up The Wine !
Add port and wine into a large pan over low heat. Add sugar and let it completely dissolve. Then, add star anise, cloves, bay leaves, and cinnamon to the pan. Add a piece of fresh ginger and let the wine warm through for 5 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t boil.
2. Warm It And Serve
Pour the warm wine into heat-proof glasses and serve. You can allow the wine to infuse the flavors for two hours after removing from the heat and then reheat to serve.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||59 IU|
|Vitamin C||12 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine Look and Taste?
Get ready to have a sip! It’s Gordon Ramsay’s mulled wine, so it looks as amazing as it tastes. The ruby port added to the wine adds fruity flavor and deepens its color. Every sip of this wine is rich in spicy flavors along with a citrusy twist of orange. Try this drink for Christmas and enjoy your family feast!
Gordon Ramsay’s Mulled Wine Recipe
- 25 ounces Red wine (good quality)
- 5 ounces Ruby Port
- 4.4 ounces Soft Brown Sugar
- 2-3 Star Anise
- ½ tsp Cloves
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks (broken in half)
- 1 Fresh ginger (thumb-sized piece)
- 1 Orange (cut into segments)
- Pour port and wine into a large pan over low heat. Add sugar and let it completely dissolve in the pan. Now, add star anise, cloves, bay leaves, and cinnamon to the pan. Then, add a piece of fresh ginger and let the wine warm through for 5 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Transfer this warm wine into heat-proof glasses and serve. You can also keep the wine aside for two hours to let the flavors of spices infuse in it and reheat it to serve.
Comment below and tell me about your recipe. Do try other holiday recipes as well and enjoy your Christmas. Merry Christmas!