Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone recipe is spun with his variations. He has made the soup by adding fresh cod(a large marine fish). Generally, this thick soup of Italian origin is made with vegetables, pasta, or rice. The colored vegetables add vibrant and exciting flavors to the minestrone recipe. The exuberant Italian minestrone has tomatoes, Carrots, bell peppers, celery, beans, onion, barley, parsley, and other herbs.
It is low in fat and calories. People inclined towards their fitness should try this soup recipe. The healthiest homemade soup served with nutrition, fiber and flavors is mouth-watering. Best when served hot. The temperature allows you to eat it at a slow pace of time and keeps your tummy full.
If you eat a soup bowl full of vegetables before any meal. Overall, you will end up eating less. So, pull up your chair and stay with me for a while. The detailed instructions for the entire recipe are mentioned below.
What Equipment Will You Need to Make Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone Soup?
- Saucepan- To blanch all the vegetables together use a saucepan. It is great for stewing, blanching, or making soups.
- Knife- To chop the vegetables use a sharp knife.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to sauté the vegetables and flip them around.
- Serving Bowl- Serve the pipping hot soup in a serving bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone Soup?
- Carrots – The nutritious value added to your soups depends on the vegetables you use. It brings out a sweet-and-savory flavor to the soup.
- Onions – Use yellow onion in your soup to add a subtle sweetness and a firm texture.
- Tinned Tomatoes – Use a small cup of tinned tomatoes in your soup. It is similar to raw tomatoes and tends to be watery.
- Barely – Barley contains important antioxidants and highly nutritional value. Being a versatile grain it adds more flavors in the soup.
- Celery – Celery is said to be the player adding an aromatic edge to your soup.
- Bell Pepper – It makes sweet, crunchy, and colorful additions to your soup.
- Parsley – Add a pinch of chopped parsley to get earth and a musty flavor.
- Beans – Slice the beans thinly. Lastly, add thinly sliced beans. Don’t overcook the beans by boiling.
- Tabasco Sauce – To put some heat in your soup add a splash of tabasco sauce.
- Olive Oil – Sauté all the vegetables in preheated oil.
- Bay Leaf – When added to sautéed veggies, a bay leaf will bring out peppery and minty flavor.
- Thyme – Thyme has a pungent and woodsy flavor added to the soup. This herb is blended well with a ton of other herbs.
- Vegetable Stock – To enhance the flavors vegetable stock instead of water works the best. Also gives a flavorful taste to your soup.
- Cod – A large fish that usually occurs in cold marine water. Lay the cod on the top of your soup. It adds a phenomenal
- Zest – Once the soup is boiled. Garnish it with the lemon zest and enjoy the tangy flavor.
- Lemon Parmesan – A little shredded parmesan cheese balances the salty flavors in your soup.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone Soup
Clean the vegetables, chop them finely. Take a saucepan, drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil. Add onions, a bay leaf, fresh thyme, a cup of rinsed barley, carrots, peppers, and celery. The secret of this soup is to add vibrant colors and flavors to your soup. Sauté the veggies, add green beans, and a splash of tabasco sauce. Once the veggies are sautéed, add a cup of tinned tomatoes. Boil it for 3 minutes, then add vegetable stock. Boil it until the sauce is reduced.
2. Final Scene
Lastly, add two slices of cod(a fish) on the top of the soup. Put a lid on the saucepan and let it boil for another 10 minutes. Add a little touch of olive oil at the end so that it doesn’t get sticky. Serve it on a soup plate or bowl you have. Garnish it with fresh parsley, lemon zest, and grated lemon parmesan cheese seasoning.
What Will Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone Soup Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone is a heavenly healthy treat. The soup looks vibrant with the colorful veggies. Infused with fresh herbs this soup is also great for digestion. It looks chunky, juicy, and delicious. The shredded cheese on the top of the soup looks lusciously mouth-watering.
Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone Soup
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 cup Barley
- 2 sprigs Celery
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- 200 g Chopped Beans
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 leaves Bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 100 g Cod
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Parmesan Cheese(shredded)
- Place a skillet on the stove. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil. Add all the veggies one after one. Blanch them perfectly.
- Add the vegetable stock when sautéing the veggies. Bring it to a proper boil.
- When the soup is thickened, add two strips of washed cod. Let it steam for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the pipping hot soup in a bowl. Garnish it with the parsley, shredded zest and lemon parmesan cheese.
Gordon Ramsay’s Minestrone soup is the healthiest soup. Made with colorful veggies it is a full-fledged meal. The seasoning with zest and lemon parmesan cheese adds a jaw-dropping flavor.