Wanna have sea bass? Bake it, roast it, or pan fry it! If you do it Gordon’s way, you’re gonna hit the top-notch notes. So, out of all the sea bass recipes, Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass is the one that you should definitely try. It has a delicious sea bass roasted and served with Israeli couscous (pasta) and homemade spicy sauce. Hop in to know more.
The sauce for Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass is flavored with multiple veggies, tomato sauce, lemon zest, and white wine. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, oregano leaves, lemon zest, and olives to the sauce in the end (just after you remove the pan from the heat). Drain the eggplant in a kitchen towel after it’s cooked.
Avoid adding eggplant before the saucepan; the pan and oil are hot to prevent it from becoming soggy. Season it with salt after it is crispy and brown in color. Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass has a touch of Mediterranean flavors in it.
The sauce is super delicious and stays for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. The longer it stays, the tastier it is. Try this recipe once and it’ll be your favorite sea bass recipe. Read the lists of the equipment and ingredients mentioned below. But first, check out some other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass with Sorrel Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Prawn Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Pie
- Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers
- Gordon Ramsay Macaroni Cheese And Cauliflower Bake
- Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Leg Of Lamb
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Risotto
- Gordon Ramsay Half Hour Chili
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass?
- Saucepan – You’ll need a saucepan to cook the sauce, and cook the eggplant and couscous. Prefer having three different saucepans at the time of cooking this dish.
- Grater – Use a microplane grater or zester to zest the lemons and grate the garlic cloves.
- Knife – Use a sharp kitchen knife to sear sea bass and chop the vegetables for the recipe.
- Chopping Tray – For sturdy and quick chopping of the vegetables and to sear the sea bass, use a wooden chopping tray.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to add ingredients like tomato sauce, chopped onions, garlic, etc., to the pan.
- Bowl – Keep all the veggies and ingredients prepared in small bowls before cooking them.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir the sauce, and couscous and flip the sea bass fillets in the pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass?
- Sea Bass – Sea bass is the main ingredient for the recipe. Use sleek sea bass filets-skin on for this recipe.
- Eggplant – Use baby eggplants as they’re less bitter than the bigger ones and take less time to cook.
- Shallots – Shallots form the base of this sauce and give a rustic Mediterranean take on this recipe.
- Garlic – Garlic adds rich texture to the sauce and adds more flavor.
- Tomatoes – Use cherry tomatoes for a mildly sweet flavor in the sauce.
- Vegetable Stock – Vegetable stock gives a sort of body to the sauce. It infuses light aromatic flavors into the sauce.
- Olives – Olive add saltiness to the sauce. They enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes – Sun-dried tomatoes are a perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors. It gives a slightly tangy touch to the sauce.
- Chilis – Use Calabrian chilies to add some heat to the sauce. Add the seed of this chili for a more spicy flavor.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper will enhance the taste of the sauce and add some more heat to it.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil is a major ingredient here. You’ll have to sear the sea bass, cook the sauce, pan fry the eggplant, and cook the couscous in olive oil.
- Oregano – Oregano leaves add an aromatic and earthy flavor to the sauce.
- Lemon Zest – Give a little bit of exciting citrusy flavor to the sea bass by adding lemon zest.
- Israeli Couscous – It’s an Israeli pasta with a delicious sauce.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass
1. Cook Israeli Couscous
Cook the Israeli couscous as per the directions. Add lemon juice to the couscous and stir.
2. Saute The Veggies
Heat a saucepan and add a teaspoon of olive oil to the pan. Pan fry thinly sliced eggplant until it softens. Add lemon zest and season it with salt and pepper. Remove the eggplant from the pan and again drizzle some olive oil into the pan. Now add sliced shallots and garlic and leave them to soften. Add sundried tomatoes to this pan along with chilies and deglaze with white wine.
3. Next Step
Further, add vegetable stock, tomato puree, and mix. Finally, add tomatoes, olives, and fresh oregano leaves and mix. Finish by adding lemon zest and olive oil.
4. Sear The Sea Bass
Add olive oil to a separated pan over medium heat. Season the sea bass filet and lay it skin-side down carefully in the pan. Let it sear, flipping after 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Put Together And Serve
Place couscous in the middle with sea bass and tomato sauce on top. Garnish with parsley spring or lemon wedge. Enjoy chef’s delight in your kitchen and enjoy!
How Will Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass Look And Taste?
Finally! We have Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass with delicious spicy sauce and Israeli couscous. The sea bass fillet has a crispy brown skin and is mildly flavored with salt-pepper seasoning. The sauce has tons of flavors infused in it with aromatic flavors of oregano, lemon zest, and olives. It’s a perfect sea bass recipe for a special meal.
Gordon Ramsay Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe
- Chopping Tray
- 8 ounces Sea Bass Fillets (skin-on)
- 1/2 cup Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Garlic (large)
- 5 Sundried Tomatoes
- ½ cup Tomatoes
- 1 Calabrian Chili (slices)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Olives (sliced)
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Stock
- 1 sprig Oregano Leaves (smashed)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper (to taste)
- Cook the Israeli couscous as per the directions. Slice a lemon and add lemon juice to the couscous.
- Add olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat. When it gets hot, add the eggplant slices to the pan and let it brown in the pan. Zest a lemon over the pan and lightly season them with salt.
- Remove the eggplant from the pan and transfer them to the kitchen towel. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the same saucepan and add sliced shallots and garlic to it. Let them soften.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with dried chilies. Deglaze it with white wine and add tomato puree to the pan. Stir for few minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add olive slices, oregano leaves, lemon zest, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Stir the mixture.
- In a separate pan, pour olive oil and set it over medium heat. Score the fish and season it with salt and pepper. Lay the sea bass fillet into the pan with skin side down. Sear it and flip it after 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place the couscous in the center of the plate and add sea bass fillets and tomato sauce on top. Garnish it with lemon zest and parsley sprig.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Mediterranean sea bass?
Sea-Bass is a popular fish in the Mediterranean region. It is also known as European Bass.
Is sea bass a healthy fish to eat?
Sea bass is a good source of vitamin B-6 and is highly nutritious.
Which sea bass is the best?
Black sea bass is one of the best sea basses.
What does Mediterranean sea bass taste like?
Mediterranean sea bass has a sweet and delicate flavor.
Get your hands on Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass in your kitchen. Refer to the above article and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.