Wanna have Sea bass? Bake it, roast it, or pan fry it! If you do it Gordon’s way, you’re gonna hit the top-notch notes. So, out of all the sea bass recipes, Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea bass is the one that you should definitely try. It has a delicious sea bass roasted and served with Israeli couscous (pasta) and homemade spicy sauce. The recipe might seem a bit difficult. Read the entire recipe and you’ll be ready to nail it any time.
The sauce for Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass is flavored with multiple veggies, tomato sauce, lemon zest, and white wine. Add chopped cherry tomatoes, oregano leaves, lemon zest, and olives in the sauce in the end (just after you remove the pan from the heat). Drain the eggplant in a kitchen towel after it’s cooked. Avoid adding eggplant before the saucepan; the pan and oil are hot to prevent it from becoming soggy. Season it with salt after it is crispy and brown in color.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass has a touch of Mediterranean flavors in it. The sauce is super delicious and stays for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. The longer it stays, the tastier it is. Try this recipe once and it’ll be your favorite sea bass recipe. Read the lists of the equipment and ingredients mentioned below. So, let’s begin with the equipment first! But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass with Sorrel Sauce-If you are in the mood for a delightful seafood recipe, then Gordon Ramsay’s fried sea bass with a delicious sorrel sauce is the one for you. The sea goes great with the sorrel sauce and is served along with cooked crispy broccoli.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad– If you want something healthy yet absolutely delicious, you should definitely try Gordon Ramsay’s prawn salad. Other than serving health goals, the salad is also really crunchy. The dressing adds a sour punch to it and we are here for it.
3. Gingerbread Bundt Cake– Gingerbread bundt cake is a great dessert to kickstart your holiday festivities. Every bite of this cake feels like Christmas. This beautiful cake is served with a sweet glaze that has sugar, spice, and everything nice.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers-Looking for an easy way out to make amazing sea bass, then the recipe from Gordon Ramsay for sea bass fennel, lemon and capers is all you really need to go through.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass?
Wanna know the right equipment for this recipe? Read the list below and you’ll know the equipment and how they help to make Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass.
- Saucepan- You’ll need a saucepan to cook the sauce, cook the eggplant and couscous. Prefer having three different saucepans at the time of cooking this dish.
- Grater- Use a Microplane grater or zester to zest the lemons and to grate the garlic cloves.
- Knife- Use a sharp kitchen knife to sear sea bass and chop the vegetables for the recipe.
- Chopping tray- For a sturdy surface to chop the vegetables or to sear the sea bass, use a wooden chopping tray.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add ingredients like tomato sauce, chopped onions, and garlic, etc., to the pan.
- Bowl- Keep all the veggies and ingredients prepared in small bowls before cooking them.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the sauce, couscous and to flip the sea bass fillets in the pan.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass?
Now is the time to gather all the ingredients. Have a quick read on the list below and gather all these ingredients. Then, we’ll head on to the instructions and start making the amazing Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass.
- Sea bass- Sea bass is the main ingredient for the recipe. Use sleek sea bass filets-skin on for this recipe.
- Eggplant- Use baby eggplants as they’re less bitter than the bigger ones and take less time to cook.
- Shallots- Shallots form the base of this sauce and give a rustic Mediterranean take on this recipe.
- Garlic- Garlic adds rich texture to the sauce and adds more flavor.
- Tomatoes- Use cherry tomatoes for a mildly sweet flavor in the sauce.
- Vegetable stock- Vegetable stock gives a sort of body to the sauce. It infuses light aromatic flavors to the sauce.
- Olives- Olive add saltiness to the sauce. They enhance the flavor of the sauce.
- Sun-dried tomatoes- Sun-Dried tomatoes are a perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors. It gives a slightly tangy touch to the sauce.
- Chili’s- Use Calabrian chilies to add some heat to the sauce. Add the seed of this chili for a more spicy flavor.
- Salt and pepper- Salt and pepper will enhance the taste of the sauce and add some more heat to it.
- Olive oil- Olive oil is a major ingredient here. You’ll have to sear the sea bass, cook the sauce, pan fry the eggplant, and cook the couscous in olive oil.
- Oregano leaves- Oregano leaves add an aromatic and earthy flavor to the sauce.
- Lemon zest- Give a little bit of exciting citrusy flavor to the sea bass by adding lemon zest.
- Israeli couscous- It’s an Israeli pasta with a delicious sauce.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass
1. Cook Israeli couscous
Cook the Israeli couscous as per the directions. Add lemon juice to the couscous and stir.
2. Prepare veggies for the sauce
Heat a saucepan and add a teaspoon of olive oil to the pan. Pan fry thinly sliced eggplant until it softens. Zest some lemon over it and season with salt and pepper. Remove the eggplant from the pan and again drizzle some olive oil into the pan. Now add sliced shallots and garlic and leave them to soften.
Add sundried tomatoes to this pan and along with chilies and deglaze with white wine. Add vegetable stock, tomato puree, and mix.
Now add tomatoes, olives, and fresh oregano leaves and mix. Finish by adding lemon zest and olive oil.
3. Sear the sea bass
Add olive oil to a separated pan over medium heat. Season the sea bass filet and lay it skin-side down carefully in the pan. Let it sear, flipping after 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Now, put them together and serve
Place couscous in the middle with sea bass and tomato sauce on top. Garnish with parsley spring or lemon wedge.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||1603 IU|
|Vitamin C||101 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass Look and Taste?
Finally! We have Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean sea bass with delicious spicy sauce and Israeli couscous. The sea bass fillet has a crispy brown skin and is mildly flavored with salt-pepper seasoning. The sauce has tons of flavors infused in it with aromatic flavors of oregano, lemon zest, and olives. It’s a perfect sea bass recipe for a special meal.
Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass Recipe
- Microplane Grater
- Chopping Tray
- 8 ounces Sea Bass Fillets (skin-on)
- 1/2 cup Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 Shallots
- 1 Garlic (large)
- 6 Heirloom Cheery Tomatoes
- 5 Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Calabrian Chili (slices)
- Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Olives (sliced)
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 2 tablespoons White Wine
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Stock
- 1 sprig Oregano Leaves (smashed)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Cook the Israeli couscous as per the directions. Slice a lemon and add lemon juice to the couscous.
- Add olive oil to a saucepan over medium heat. When it gets hot, add the eggplant slices to the pan and let it brown in the pan. Zest a lemon over the pan and lightly season them with salt.
- Remove the eggplant from the pan and transfer them to the kitchen towel. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the same saucepan and add sliced shallots and garlic to it. Let them soften.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with dried chilies. Deglaze it with white wine and add tomato puree to the pan. Stir for few minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add olive slices, oregano leaves, lemon zest, and sliced cherry tomatoes. Stir the mixture.
- In a separate pan, pour olive oil and set it over medium heat. Score the fish and season it with salt and pepper. Lay the sea bass fillet into the pan with skin side down. Sear it and flip it after 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place the couscous in the center of the plate and add sea bass fillets and tomato sauce on top. Garnish it with lemon zest and parsley sprig.