Nobody likes to eat dry meatballs. Meatballs should be moist and even better if they are served with a sauce, the better.
Gordon Ramsay meatballs have a great taste and are served in a homemade marinara sauce. One technique Gordon Ramsay uses in this recipe to make the meatballs moist is milk-soaked breadcrumbs.
These Italian-style meatballs are served with marinara sauce. Marinara is an Italian tomato-based sauce made with tomatoes, herbs, and spices.
To make Gordon Ramsay meatballs, heat oil in a pan and cook shallots, garlic, and chili in it. Add some wine, tomatoes, herbs, and olives to it and cook for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the meat, parsley, breadcrumbs, and garlic in a bowl. Make balls of this mixture and fry them. Add the fried meatballs to the marinara sauce, then bake them for 10 minutes.
Crushed-up crackers make an excellent bread crumb substitute in meatballs. The crackers work just as well as the bread crumbs to hold the meat mixture together.
This is a brief explanation of the recipe. Find the whole recipe along with the details below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Cranberry Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Spaghetti Bolognese
- Gordon Ramsay Lobster Capellini
- Gordon Ramsay Honey Glazed Ham
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Duck
- Gordon Ramsay Pan Fried Scallops
- Gordon Ramsay Mac And Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Pea And Ham Soup
- Gordon Ramsay’s Duck A l’ Orange
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Meatballs?
- Oven – Bake the fried meatballs for about 10 minutes until crispy.
- Pan – Cook veggies, spices, and white wine in a pan until tender and aromatic.
- Saucepan – Fry the meatballs in a saucepan until brown and crispy.
- Mixing Bowl – Combine breadcrumbs in milk and soak until it becomes soggy.
- Ice Cream Scoop – Take a mixture and shape it into small balls using an ice cream scoop.
- Knife – Chop the veggies and mince the beef with a sharp knife into chunks to make the meatballs.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the ingredients before slicing them.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Meatballs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Meatballs?
For The Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies, spices, and beef in olive oil until translucent and fry the meatballs until brown.
- Tomatoes – Add chopped tomatoes to the pan to give sweet flavor to the sauce.
- Shallots – Add in chopped shallots to have a delicate and sweet taste of the recipe with a hint of sharpness.
- Garlic – Garlic will offer caramelly undertones once you cook them.
- Red Chili – Red chili will add a slightly sharp and earthy taste with a decent dose of spices.
- Olives – Add drained olive to the sauce for a salty, mild, and sweet flavor.
- Basil – Add basil to balance sweetness and savory flavor with hints of mint and pepper to the sauce.
- Oregano – Oregano will add a strongly aromatic and a slightly bitter and pungent flavor with minty notes to the sauce.
- Sea Salt – Add salt to the mixture to enhance the flavor of marinara sauce.
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper – Add black pepper to the minced mix to give a rich and hearty flavor.
For The Meatballs
- White Wine – White wine will make meatballs crispy with citrusy flavors, making them nuttier and buttery.
- Milk – Milk will help bind the meatballs and provide moisture, preventing them from shrinking and becoming tough.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate the parmesan cheese in the meatballs mixture to add a gritty texture and a nutty taste.
- Beef – Ground beef is the star ingredient with an umami flavor that browns when fried.
- Breadcrumbs – Soak breadcrumbs in milk until the bread becomes soggy to ensure the meatballs are tender.
- Plain Flour – Roll the finished meatballs in plain flour before frying to prevent them from falling apart when frying.
- Garlic – Garlic will offer intense flavors to the balls when added in the meatballs.
- Parsley – Parsley will roast or braise balls.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Meatballs
1. Start With Basics
To make meatballs, you’ll need to chop tomatoes, shallots, and mince the beef into chunks. Grate Parmesan cheese with a cheese grater and finely mince the garlic cloves, red chili, and olives.
Soak breadcrumbs in the milk until the breadcrumbs absorb the milk and become soggy.
Preheat the oven to 180℃. Also, soak the breadcrumbs in milk.
2. Making Of Marinara Sauce
Heat olive oil in the pan. Add chopped shallots, minced garlic, and chili to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
Add two tablespoons of white wine to the pan along with chopped tomatoes, basil, oregano, and olives, and stir to deglaze. Cook them for about 10 minutes on low heat.
3. Shaping Of The Meatballs
In a large bowl add chopped meat, grated parmesan cheese, parsley, minced garlic, and the soaked breadcrumbs. Season it with salt and pepper and mix it well until combined.
Take a handful of this mixture and shape it into small balls using an ice cream scoop. Repeat it until you make meatballs from all the mixture. Dust them with flour.
4. Cooking The Meatballs
Heat olive oil in another pan and fry the meatballs in it until brown. When the meatballs are fried, dip them in the marinara sauce. Place the pan in the oven and bake it for about 10 minutes.
Your meatballs with marinara sauce are ready. Serve them with spaghetti or rice.
|Saturated fat||7 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Meatballs Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay meatballs have a smooth, light, and bouncy texture. The meatballs are juicy an creamy and the crust developed on the exterior enhances its flavor.
The beef in the meatballs lends saltiness and moisture with creaminess and uniform texture.
Gordon Ramsay Meatballs Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Ice-cream scoop
- Chopping Board
For The Marinara Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 1 kg Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Shallots (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons Olives (pitted, drained)
- 3 cloves Garlic (halved)
- ½ Red Chili (finely sliced)
- 1 small bunch Basil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For The Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons White Wine
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 200 g Beef (minced)
- 3 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ½ bunch Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Also, soak the breadcrumbs in milk.
- Then, start making the marinara by heating oil in the pan. Add shallots, garlic, and chili to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add white wine to the pan along with tomatoes, basil, oregano, and olives, and stir to deglaze. Cook them for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, take a large bowl and add the meat to it. Also, add parsley, parmesan, garlic, and the soaked breadcrumbs to it. Season it with salt and pepper and mix it well
- Then, take a handful of this mixture and shape it into small balls with an ice cream scoop.
- Repeat it until you make meatballs from all the mixture. After that, dust them with flour.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry the meatballs in it.
- When the meatballs are fried, add them to the marinara sauce. Place this pan in the oven and bake it for about 10 minutes.
- Your meatballs with marinara sauce are ready. Serve them with spaghetti or rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should I put egg in my meatballs?
You can add a small amount of egg. It will only help the cooked meatball retain its shape, and shouldn’t detract from the meat’s flavor or texture. Ingredients like breadcrumbs or flour are important because they stop the meatballs becoming dry.
How can you make cooked meatballs taste better?
You can make a sauce, like marinara sauce or gravy, reheat the meatballs by adding them to the sauce while they’re frozen and allowing it to simmer for 15 minutes or so. It cooks them through and they take on some of the flavor as well.
Why did my meatballs turn out tough?
When meatballs are packed together too tightly, they cook up tough, rubbery, and chewy. Consider oiling your hands so the mixture won’t stick to them, and then gently and quickly form the meat into evenly sized balls.
Why do my meatballs fall apart when I cook them?
When meatballs fall apart, it’s the binder that is the problem. Meatball recipes calls for bread crumbs and eggs. But too much of bread crumbs make them too loose, and not enough bread crumbs won’t help them hold together either.
Believe it or not, Gordon Ramsay meatballs are easier than you think. With this easy and delicious dish, you’ll be impressing your friends and family in no time.