Nobody likes to eat dry meatballs. Meatballs should be moist and even better if they are served with a sauce, the better. Gordon Ramsay’s meatballs have a great taste and are served in a homemade marinara sauce. One thing that makes the meatballs moist is milk-soaked breadcrumbs.
These Italian-style meatballs are served with marinara sauce. Marinara is an Italian tomato-based sauce made with tomatoes, herbs, and spices. This combination of meatballs and marinara goes great with pasta, especially spaghetti.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s meatballs, heat oil in a pan and cook shallots, garlic, and chili in it. Add some wine, tomatoes, herbs, and olives to it and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the meat, parsley, breadcrumbs, and garlic in a bowl. Make balls of this mixture and fry them. Add the fried meatballs to the marinara sauce, then bake them for 10 minutes.
This is a brief explanation of the recipe. Find the whole recipe along with the details below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Duck A l’ Orange– This particular dish brings you the tangy flavor of orange liquor by fusing it with duck.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Pie– The steak pie is the perfect dish for Scottish new year dinner with your friends and family. Take a sneak peak at this recipe to know about the directions.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Stew– The beef stew recipe from Gordon Ramsay is exceptionally tasty. Made with the goodness of beef, vegetables and herbs, this dish will leave you wanting for more.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Pea And Ham Soup– Just like two peas in a pod, pea and ham go well along in this recipe. it is the intricate balance of flavors that will surely astonish you.
Gordon Ramsay’s Meatballs Recipe
- Medium Saucepan
For The Marinara
- 2 14-ounce cans Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Shallots (finely diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (halved)
- ½ Red Chili (finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Olives (pitted, drained)
- 1 small bunch Basil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano (chopped)
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
For The Meatballs
- 200 g Beef (minced)
- 200 g Ground Beef
- 3 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- ½ bunch Parsley
- Plain Flour (for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons White Wine
- Milk (enough to soak breadcrumbs)
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Also, soak the breadcrumbs in milk.
- Then, start making the marinara by heating oil in the pan. Add shallots, garlic, and chili to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add white wine to the pan along with tomatoes, basil, oregano, and olives, and stir to deglaze. Cook them for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, take a large bowl and add the meat to it. Also, add parsley, parmesan, garlic, and the soaked breadcrumbs to it. Season it with salt and pepper and mix it well
- Then, take a handful of this mixture and shape it into small balls. Repeat it until you make meatballs from all the mixture. After that, dust them with flour.
- Heat oil in another pan and fry the meatballs in it.
- When the meatballs are fried, add them to the marinara sauce. Place this pan in the oven and bake it for about 10 minutes.
- Your meatballs with marinara sauce are ready. Serve them with spaghetti or rice.