Do you wish to try Gordon Ramsay’s version of classic French dessert? Gordon Ramsay’s lemon tart is one of the best options. It has a crispy base with smooth lemon filling. A layer of chocolate at the bottom compliments these sweet bites. If you haven’t tried this incredible recipe, stick with this article and try it now.
Gordon Ramsay’s lemon tart is a delicious citrus dessert. It’s a simple and easy recipe. The lemon in the filling gives a sharp sour taste that perfectly balances with the sweetness in it. It takes almost an hour and is a perfect option to complete your meal. Try this once and it’ll be an instant hit with your family and guests.
For making Gordon Ramsay’s lemon tart, whisk sugar, butter, eggs, and flour in a bowl. Knead the dough into a flat disk shape. Line this pastry on a tart pan and bake for about 15 minutes. For the filling, whisk the cream, eggs, yolks, and sugar in a bowl. Add lemon juice and pour the filling into the tart case containing a chocolate layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
Have a look at the recipe card below. You’ll find all the instructions along with the lists of the equipment and the ingredients required. Don’t forget to save this recipe for later or some special occasion. Before you proceed with the lemon tart recipe, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Beetroot Cured Salmon -The gentle flavor of spices offered by this dish can help you in serving a heck of a dish. Make sure to take care of the proportions to hit the right notes.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Stuffed Chicken -The gentle flavor of spices offered by this dish can help you in serving a heck of a dish. Make sure to take care of the proportions to hit the right notes.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Beef Carpaccio -Planning to whip up a spring lunch for your significant other? Accompanied by truffle sauce, roast beef carpaccio is just the right dish for you.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Rocket Mushroom & Bacon Quiche -Looking for a French cuisine-based dish to kickstart a family gathering? Search no further and give a try to the rocket mushroom and bacon quiche by Gordon Ramsay.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart?
- Tart Tin – For preparing the lemon tart use a tart tin.
- Dough Kneading Machine – Knead the dough for the crust in a kneading machine.
- Bowls – Take two bowls for mixing dough and pastry elements respectively.
- Whisk – Beat the eggs nicely with a whisk until it forms the bubbles.
- Sieve – Use a sieve to strain the dry rubs to avoid the lumps.
- Spatula – Fold the pastry elements with a spatula.
- Grater – Grate the lemon zest with a help of a grater.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart?
For The Crust
- Dark Chocolate – Brush up the base of the crumbly dough with melted dark chocolate for extra flavors.
- Eggs – Add eggs to the dough mixture as well as to the pastry mixture. Take eggs as per the servings.
- Plain Flour – Take plain flour to prepare the dough for the crust.
- Caster Sugar – Half a cup of sugar to the dough mixture will bring out the sweetness to the tart.
For The Pastry
- Lemon Juice – To bring out the tart flavors add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the pastry filling.
- Lemon Zest – Add a tablespoon of shredded lemon zest for enhanced flavors in the pastry.
- Egg – Whisk eggs with cream and butter. It acts as the binding agent in the pastry filling.
- Double Cream – Add half a cup of double cream for preparing the tart pastry.
- Unsalted Butter – Blend unsalted butter with other elements for the pastry filling.
- Caster Sugar – Add sugar to your taste.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart
1. Dough Game
Take a bowl to prepare the crumble crust of the lemon tart. Add flour, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix it well to form the dough. Knead the dough on a dusted surface and make a flat disk and chill it in a tart tin for at least 20 minutes. Make sure the dough is a little crumbly.
For preparing the pastry filling, merge the elements in a separate bowl. Add eggs, sugar, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until it is combined well.
3. Oven’s Turn
Pre-bake the crust in the oven for 5 minutes until it is half brown. Pour the lemon pastry mixture on top of the prebaked crust. Place the tart tin again in the oven to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Remove the tart tin when the lemon tart is cooked through. Let it cool down and then serve!
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s lemon tart is appetizing. Prepared with a crumbly crust and creamy pastry filling, the lemon tart tastes delectable. You will relish each bite of this flavorful Gordon Ramsay lemon tart. On top of that, the chocolate base complements the lemon tart and satiates your sugar rush.
Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart Recipe
For The Crust
- 1.7 ounces Dark Chocolate (melted)
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6 ounces Caster Sugar
For The Pastry Filling
- 1 Egg
- 4 ounce Unsalted Butter
- 3 ounce Caster Sugar
- 3 tablepsoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- ½ cup Double Cream
- In a bowl, whisk butter and sugar. Add eggs and flour to the bowl and whisk for about 30 seconds to make a dough. Knead this dough on a dusted surface and make a flat disk and chill it for at least 30 minutes.
- Line the pastry on the tart pan containing parchment paper. Cover it with foil and bake it in a preheated oven (170 C) for 15 minutes until the sides begin to change in color. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes until it becomes golden brown. Spread melted chocolate into this tart case and let it set.
- To a bowl, add cream, eggs, sugar, and yolks. Whisk to combine and finally add lemon juice. Sti until the cream thickens.
- Strain the filling into a jug, pour the filling into the pastry case and bake in the oven for around 50 to 60 minutes until it sets.
- Dust icing sugar on it and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where did the lemon tart originate?
Lemon tart originated in France.
How long can you keep a lemon tart?
You can store or refrigerate the lemon tart for up to 2-3 days.
Why are tarts called Tarts?
During the 19th century, tart was used for pretty women. Later, it was used by the French sisters to rename their dessert.
What is a pie without a base called?
A pie without a base is called deep-dish pie. They are also called pot pies.
So, what are you waiting for? Prepare this easy and quick Gordon Ramsay lemon tart. Refer to the above article for making this luscious dessert. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.