Gordon Ramsay’s braising Lamb shank is deliciously a satiety meal. It may require a few hours of patience, but the result will be worth the wait. Lamb shank is a staple dish in Mediterranean cuisines, such as Greek, French, Italian, and Moroccan.
Lamb shank is the lower leg meat of a lamb. It is appraised as full nutrition-packed meat. As it has low-fat content, you need to braise or cook the lamb shank for a long time. This will help the lamb shank bone to soften easily.
Cooking for a long time, yet delicious often gets boring. However, Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for lamb shank is not only easy but hassle-free. Juicy, deeply roasted, and perfectly cooked lamb shank is a true delight for meat lovers.
When you start cooking, make sure you keep all the ingredients ready. Follow the steps carefully to enjoy Gordon Ramsay’s delicious lamb shanks. Stick around for a while to know the complete recipe mentioned below. You can check the best 146 Gordon Ramsay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Chops
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay Skirt Steak
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Kofta
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Breast
- Gordon Ramsay Leg Of Lamb
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Shank?
- Glass Or Steel Bowl- Use a glass or steel bowl for marinating the shank. Avoid any metal or aluminum utensils as they may add metallic rust to your food.
- Skillet- In a large skillet, braise the shank along with the veggies.
- Knife- To chop the veggies, use a big and sharp knife.
- Tong- Use the tong to grip the shank meat and lift to flip the other side around.
- Oven- After bringing it to a boil, put it in the oven. Heat it to a low temperature of 160 degrees for 3 hours.
- Plate- Serve it on a plate with a juicy gravy on top of it.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Shank?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Hours||45 Minutes||2Hour 55 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Shank?
- Lamb Shanks- Take 4 more lamb shanks. Adding nutrition-packed meat will do wonders.
- Olive Oil- Add a teaspoon of olive oil in the marinade to stick all the spices together and 2 tablespoons of oil for frying the shanks.
- Red Wine- It will help to pull out the exciting aroma and flavors. Add 250 ml of wine to the braised lamb shank.
- Garlic- Add a chopped clove of garlic for the buttery flavor.
- Bay Leaf- Take 2 bay leaves and add them to the roasting shank. It adds a pungent and sharp flavor.
- Carrots- 2 carrots peeled and sliced along with the sweetness of cinnamon will complement the lamb shank.
- Onion- Chop thick slices of one onion because the thinly sliced vegetables will burn quickly. Add it to the puree.
- Green and Red Chilies- Take a sliced mixture of both the chilies. Add in the marinade to blend the flavors.
- Smoked Paprika- To bring out the smoky flavor in the marinade smoked paprika will serve the purpose.
- Oregano- Add a pinch of dried oregano in the marinade for the herbaceous flavor.
- Cumin Seeds- A blend of cumin seeds brings out an aromatic flavor. It releases the oil which helps to tenderize the lamb.
- Cinnamon- Add one cinnamon stick to add sweetness to the marinade
- Salt And Pepper- Season the marinade with salt and pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Shank
The first step is to marinate the lamb shank with the spices and herbs together. Add 4 lamb shanks in a bowl, take chopped green and red chilies and add it to the marinade. Further, add one clove of chopped garlic, smoked paprika, a spoonful of dried oregano, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil on the mixture and blend it well. It sort of helps to stick the spices together. You can cook it directly without marinating. However, if you have time, marinate it for an hour or two. It will bring out all the flavors together.
2. Braising Lamb Shank
Drizzle olive oil in a thick hot pan. Hold the bone, rub it into the marinade. Put the pieces of the shank in the pan. Roast it for a few minutes. It will start releasing the oil. Strain off the excess oil. Braise it on a low flame to make the meat incredibly tender and flavorsome. Use a tong to flip it over. Add leftover marinade into the pan. Add carrots and chopped onion. Mix it well. Add 350 ml of red wine to intensify the aroma and flavors. Then, bring it to a boil and cook it for 10 minutes. Finally, add a cup of chicken broth. It is an amazingly rich ingredient with essential fatty acids. Bring the broth to a boil for 5 minutes.
3. Crowning Blow
Don’t cover it with a lid because it reduces the depth of flavors. Put it in the oven at temperature of 160 degrees and cook it for 3 hours. The longer you cook the shank, the more the bone will meltdown. Take it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Afterward, serve it on a plate. Roll them around with mouth-watering shank sauce and garnish them with fresh mint leaves. There you go, spicy, juicy, and a mouth-watering lamb shank is ready.
What Will Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Shank Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb shanks are infused with herbs and are exceptionally a scrumptious meal. The warm-spiced flavors pair well with lamb shank. When cooked properly, it is juicy, tender essentially giving way to the tines of the fork. Lamb shank is a meat with high-quality source of protein. It is the best decision to add this meal in your diet.
Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Shanks
- Glass Or Steel Bowl
- 4 Portions Lamb Shanks
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 250 ml Red wine
- 1 clove Chopped Garlic
- 2 leaves Bay Leaf
- 2 Carrots(Chopped)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1 Red Chilly
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- Prepare the marinade, mix the chilies, oregano, cumin seeds, smoked paprika, cinnamon stick, 1 chopped garlic, a teaspoon of olive oil, and seasoning. Rub all the spices all over the lamb shank. Keep it aside for an hour.
- Preheat the gas or oven. Drizzle the olive oil to roast the shank until kit gets brown.
- Add the chopped carrots, onion, and bay leaves. Use tongs to flip the lamb. Add red wine and let it sear. Bring it to a boil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add a cup of chicken stock. Bring it to a boil. Once it is boiled , transfer it to an uncovered pan and put it in the oven. Cook until the meat is tender to eat and the sauce is reduced.
- Take out the cooked shank from the oven. Garnish it with mint leaves, the sauce rolled around and serve.
Try this just-beyond-basic Gordon Ramsay’s recipe of lamb shank with me!