There are so many things to make with ripe bananas. But our decision to make Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream is worth trying. It’s not an ice cream with cream; it’s just bananas blended until creamy.
When our chef made a batch of this most accessible ice cream, we were skeptical about its results. But when we tasted it, it was yummy. It’s much better than the regular ice cream. We didn’t know that bananas could make pretty fabulous ice cream.
All you have to do is freeze the banana slices for a smooth and creamy texture. Frozen bananas are so good that when you blitz them in a food processor, they get creamy and gooey like a custard.
The best part of this recipe is that it is very healthy and has no added sugar. So, what are you waiting for? Try this one-ingredient banana ice cream immediately and enjoy a scoop with cookies or sprinkle chocolate chips over them. You will find all the necessary information below relating to this recipe. Just follow them for the best flavors.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Recipe?
Yes, this is the Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream our chef has followed. He made this recipe with the same ingredients as the renowned chef. The result is unbelievable.
It’s creamy, tasty, and smooth banana ice cream. The best part is that it is straightforward and requires only one ingredient to prepare. This recipe is sure to try. We bet you will relish this recipe.
How Is Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Different From Regular Ice Cream?
Yes, Gordon Ramsay’s banana ice cream differs from regular ice cream. The significant difference is it is made with just one ingredient, i.e., banana. At the same time, other recipes call for milk, whipped cream, and sugar.
Additionally, this recipe uses no ice cream maker. Gordon Ramsay has operated a food processor to make this creamy and smooth ice cream. In contrast, other recipes use an ice cream churner for the ice cream.
Why You’ll Love This Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Recipe?
- Budget-Friendly – This recipe has affordable ingredients, i.e., ripe bananas.
- Customizable – You can customize this recipe easily per your preferences, and it is relatively easy to make. Also, you don’t have to measure everything precisely. Just blend chunks of bananas in a food processor until smooth.
- Healthy – This recipe is a great way to use up ripe bananas. Also, it is vegan and gluten-free!
- Delicious – This ice cream is easy to make and tastes great. It is pocket-friendly.
Does Gordon Ramsay Use Real Bananas In His Ice Cream?
Yes, Gordon Ramsay uses real bananas in his ice cream. He has used ripe bananas for this recipe.
The reason is they are sweeter and creamier than unripe bananas. When bananas ripen, their starches break into sugars, making them more precious. The bananas also get softer and lighter, making them excellent for creating ice cream.
Furthermore, ripe bananas have a higher water content than unripe bananas. It helps to keep the ice cream from turning too frosty.
Is This Banana Ice Cream Soft And Fluffy?
Yes, this banana ice cream is soft and fluffy. The reason is the ripe bananas used in this recipe.
They are naturally sweet and creamier. It is then frozen overnight in a shallow container. It will make it soft and fluffy when processed in a food processor.
Equipment Required For Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream
- Freezer-Proof Container – Freeze the chunks of ripe bananas in a freezer-proof container in the refrigerator.
- Food Processor – Blend the frozen bananas in a food processor until you notice a creamy, smooth texture.
- Spatula – Scrape the edges of the food processor using a spatula and transfer it back to the container to freeze it.
- Spoon – Check the texture of the banana ice cream and serve it with a spoon.
Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Ingredients
- Ripe Bananas – This recipe uses four ripe bananas to get a creamier and fluffy ice cream.
Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Ingredients Substitutions
- Bananas – Gordon Ramsay suggests using overripe bananas for the best flavors and textures.
Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||6 Hours||–||6 Hours 10 Minutes|
Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Recipe Steps
Tell the steps with the context of the images.
Tips To Make This Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Better
This ice cream is open to being experimented with. You can make it better with the options below:
- Pulse the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender.
- This ice cream requires no milk due to the creamier texture of ripe bananas; however, if you want, you can use any milk for this recipe. Use whole milk for the most decadent flavor.
- Add half-and-half or the heavy cream in this recipe. It will make the ice cream rich but yield different flavors.
- This recipe needs no sugar, as the ripe bananas are naturally lovely. But you can add any sugar to this recipe.
- Elevate the taste of this ice cream by adding a splash of vanilla extract or any other extract in this recipe.
- Chocolate chips are a classic addition to banana ice cream. You can use any chocolate chips, such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate.
- Nuts add a bit of crunch to banana ice cream. You can use any nuts you like, such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- Granola adds texture and sweetness to banana ice cream. You can use any granola, such as store-bought or homemade granola.
- Whipped cream is a classic topping for banana ice cream. You can make your own whipped cream or buy it pre-made.
Why Is My Banana Ice Cream Icey And Not Creamy?
Add a little para.
- Over-mixing the ice cream can make it icy and not creamy. It is because overmixing breaks down the air bubbles, which makes ice cream light and fluffy. Remember not to overmix the ice cream.
- If you haven’t frozen the ice cream long enough, the ice crystals will grow larger, making the ice cream more icy.
- Freezing and thawing ice cream can also make it icy. This is because the ice crystals will grow larger each time the ice cream is frozen.
How Do You Freeze Bananas Without Turning Them Brown?
There are a few ways to freeze bananas without turning them brown.
- Cut bananas into slices or chunks and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment for flash-freezing. Freeze the bananas for two to three hours until they are solid. Once the bananas are solid, you can transfer them to a freezer-safe container.
- Peeling the bananas before freezing them can also help to prevent them from browning. The peel contains an enzyme that causes bananas to brown when exposed to ice. By peeling the bananas, you can reduce the amount of these enzymes.
- Brushing each slice of banana with lemon juice can help prevent bananas from browning.
- Also, soaking each slice in lemon juice just before freezing them can also help prevent them from browning.
Is It Better To Freeze Bananas With Or Without Peel?
You can freeze whole bananas, but we recommend freezing peeled bananas as freezing unpeeled bananas may hamper their quality.
When unpeeled bananas are frozen, the peels get soft and dark and won’t be fresh. So, it is generally best to freeze peeled bananas for the best results.
For this, peel the bananas, slice them, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure each slice won’t stick together. Now, freeze the bananas. When ready to use, thaw them for at least half an hour and then blend for the ice cream.
Can You Mash Bananas And Freeze Them For Ice Cream?
Yes, you can freeze mashed bananas for banana ice cream. It is a common way to make banana ice cream if you don’t have an ice cream maker.
To freeze mashed bananas for banana ice cream, mash the bananas and then freeze them in a freezer-safe container.
When ready to make the ice cream, thaw the bananas and blend them until smooth. But make sure not to add any sugar or other ingredients before freezing them, or else it will make the ice cream icy.
How Will This Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Look And Taste Like?
This Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream is easy to make and flavorful. This one-ingredient banana ice cream has a natural, banana-y flavor. This ice cream is very smooth and much better than the regular ice cream.
When you taste it, it is lovely. This banana ice cream is a simple but delicious dessert. It has a soft, creamy yellow color. This recipe is sure to be tried at once.
Is This Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Healthy
Yes, this banana ice cream is very healthy, made with just ripe bananas. No other ingredients are added, which makes it very nutritious. Still, if you want to know more about its nutritional value, take a look at the table below:
|Vitamin A||76 IU|
|Vitamin C||10 mg|
Is Banana Ice Cream Healthier Than Regular Ice Cream?
Yes, banana ice cream is much healthier than regular ice cream as it doesn’t include any other ingredients that might be unhealthy. This recipe is made with just one element, i.e., bananas.
Besides this, this banana ice cream is low in calories, fat, and fiber. It is the best vegan and gluten-free dessert option. Moving forward, this banana ice cream requires no other ingredients and an ice cream maker.
How to Store This Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream?
Storing this Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream is very easy. You can keep it in a freezer-safe container for two months. Make sure to freeze in a single layer to help it quickly and evenly.
If you want to freeze it longer, store it in a shallow freezer-safe container. It will help prevent the ice cream from getting harder. But make sure not to keep the ice cream near the door of the refrigerator as it will cause the ice cream to become dry.
What To Serve With This Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream?
- Gordon Ramsay Coconut Pancakes – Serve this banana ice cream dollop over Gordon Ramsay coconut pancakes. These thin and soft pancakes complement perfectly with the smooth ice cream.
- Gordon Ramsay Blueberry And Ricotta Pancakes – Serve this banana ice cream on Gordon Ramsay blueberry and ricotta pancakes for a fulfilling meal. Light, fluffy, and fruity pancakes perfectly complement creamy and smooth banana ice cream.
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie – Top your apple pie with creamy banana ice cream. The golden, flaky, and crispy will relish your taste buds.
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Crumble – Top your apple crumble with smooth and creamy banana ice cream. The crumbly texture and sweet and tangy filling perfectly complement the ice cream.
Other Recipes To Try
So, it was all about Gordon Ramsay’s banana ice cream. This one-ingredient recipe is creamy, fluffy, and easy to make. All you have to do is to follow this guide promptly for the best flavors.
Besides this recipe, we’ve also shared various other Gordon Ramsay recipes. Some are Gordon Ramsay Eggnog, Gordon Ramsay Yorkshire Pudding, Gordon Ramsay Avocado Mousse, Gordon Ramsay Cranberry Sauce, Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu, and Gordon Ramsay Hot Bananas.
Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- Freezer-proof Container
- Food Processor
- 4 Ripe Bananas (peeled)
- Slice the bananas and put them in a freezer-proof container.
- Place this container in the refrigerator in the freezer and let it chill overnight or at least for six hour.
- When you're ready to make the ice cream, transfer the frozen bananas to the food processor.
- Break the bananas in the food processer, scrape the edges, and then blend them to have creamy smooth bananas.
- Serve immediately and put the remaining banana ice cream in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream suitable for vegans and those with lactose intolerance?
Yes, Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream is suitable for vegans and individuals with lactose intolerance because it doesn’o’t contain any dairy product. However, it’s essential to ensure that your chosen recipe aligns with your dietary preferences and restrictions.
Does Gordon Ramsay Can I store Gordon Ramsay Banana Ice Cream for later use?
Yes, you can store Gordon Ramsay’s Banana Ice Cream in an airtight container in the freezer for later enjoyment. Just be sure to let it thaw slightly before serving, as it can become quite firm when frozen. require an ice cream maker?
Many recipes for Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream are no-churn recipes, meaning they do not require an ice cream maker. They rely on freezing the mixture and occasionally stirring it to achieve a creamy texture.
Can I store Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream for later use?
Yes, you can store Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for later enjoyment. Just be sure to let it thaw slightly before serving, as it can become quite firm when frozen.
Can I customize Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream with mix-ins or toppings?
Yes, you can customize this ice cream with various mix-ins or toppings. Common additions include chocolate chips, crushed nuts, or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce for added texture and flavor.
Gordon Ramsay banana ice cream is a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional ice cream, that is known for its simplicity and natural sweetness. It’s a delightful dessert to try making at home.