Gordon Ramsay’s gnocchi recipe will help you make delicious and cheesy gnocchi from the comfort of your own home. The recipe uses both ricotta and parmesan, so you know it is going to be a good one.
Gnocchi is an Italian dumpling. It is usually made with flour, semolina, cornmeal, cheese, potato, and breadcrumbs. Extra additions include herbs, vegetables, etc. I know it sounds like a big job to make this small dumpling ‘pillows’ but Gordon Ramsay’s recipe makes it easy. He sticks to the basics and leaves you with delicious gnocchi served with a herby, buttery sauce.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s gnocchi, mix mashed potatoes, flour, ricotta, and egg in a bowl. Also, add salt, pepper, and thyme and knead this mixture until smooth. Divide, shape, and cut the dough to make 2cm gnocchi. Boil them in water. Then, fry them in oil and add butter, thyme, lemon zest, and peas to them. Saute for some time and serve with parmesan cheese.
This is just a snippet of the gnocchi recipe. You can find all the deets in the recipe card below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Fish Curry– This is a recipe from the Indian cuisine. It is jam-packed with flavors. It has a hint of coconut which makes it irresistible.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Steak Sandwich-Enjoy the Rolls- Royce of beef with the recipe for steak sandwich. This is one of the experimental recipes from Gordon Ramsay that taste exceptionally well.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Mac And Cheese-It’s easy, simple and the first love of children. What else do you need in a snack. Check out how Gordon Ramsay simplifies it a little further for you.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Pizza– The flavors of fresh rosemary will take you to divinity. There is no need for the fancy brick oven for this pizza recipe from the celebrity chef.
Gordon Ramsay’s Gnocchi Recipe
- Roasting Tray
- Large Pan
- Frying Pan
- 2 large Potatoes
- 90 g Plain Flour
- 50 g Ricotta Cheese
- Pamesan Cheese (grated, to serve)
- 1 sprig Thyme (leaves only)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 150 g Peas
- 1 sprig Thyme (leaves only)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven at 200℃.
- Keep the potatoes on a roasting tray and bake them for about an hour and 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven and then remove their skins.
- Put them in a bowl and mash them until smooth. Then, add flour, ricotta, salt, and pepper to it and mix.
- After that, make a small well in the middle of this mixture and pour the beaten eggs into it. Start kneading this mixture with your hands. Add thyme leaves as well and knead this mixture into a smooth dough.
- Divide and shape the dough into equal long cylinders of about 1.5 cm thickness.
- Cut these cylinders into 2cm gnocchi and press them in the middle.
- Boil water and add the gnocchi to it. Boil them for about 2 minutes until they float and make sure they don’t stick. Then, drain the water and set the gnocchi aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the cooked gnocchi to it. Add salt and pepper to it and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add the peas, butter, and thyme and stir. Add lemon zest to it and garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Your homemade gnocchi is ready!