Gordon Ramsay’s frittata is a simple yet delicious breakfast recipe. The usual frittata consists of eggs, vegetables, meat, and cheese and this one is no different. This recipe just has Gordon Ramsay’s mark of approval on it, which in itself is a great reason to try.
The frittata is an Italian version of an omelet mixed with a quiche that has a Gordon Ramsay twist in it. It has too many things to be called an omelet but not a crust to be called a quiche. It is delicious regardless and a great breakfast dish, if you ask me.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s frittata, cook bacon in a pan. Then, add red pepper, spring onions, peas, and basil to it. Beat eggs, cheese, and salt in a bowl and add them to this mixture.
Sprinkle goat cheese on top of it and cook it under a grill until golden. Take it out, slice the frittata, and serve it.
This version doesn’t tell you about the whole recipe, but rather gives you a snippet of it. If you want to know the whole recipe, look below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Carpaccio
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Omelette
- Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs
- Gordon Ramsay Focaccia
- Gordon Ramsay Avocado Toast
- Gordon Ramsay Caesar Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Bacon Jam Toast
What Is The Difference Between A Frittata And An Omelet?
|The egg mixture is vigorously whisked when making a frittata to achieve custard-like consistency.||To make an omelet, the eggs are whisked before cooking.|
|Both sides of the frittata are cooked.||While just the underside of the omelet touches the pan.|
|A frittata is cooked slowly over low heat.||An omelet is cooked quickly over higher heat.|
|Frittatas are served at room temperature.||Omelets are served straight from the stove.|
|Frittata comes from Italian cuisine which is also sometimes considered as Italian omelet.||The omelet originated from French cuisine.|
What Are The Tips To Make Gordon Ramsay Frittata?
The pro tips for making Gordon Ramsay frittata are as follows.
- Beat the eggs with milk and heavy cream to achieve thick consistency. Make sure you don’t overbeat the eggs, as it will incorporate too much air.
- The vegetables added to the frittata need to be cooked prior to adding the egg mixture. Add your choice of various veggies to make colorful fresh frittata at home.
- Use full-fat dairy to prepare frittata at home. A frittata should never be dry, instead it should be creamy.
- Cook the frittata until the cheese is melted, the center is set, and the top is golden.
- Do not overcook the frittata, this will not let you achieve the fluffy, light, and creamy frittata.
- To check if the frittata is cooked, use a toothpick to cut into the center. If it comes out clean, it means the frittata is ready.
- Use plenty of garlic and onions to build the flavorful base. This way you will not skim the aromatics.
What Is The Best Pan To Make A Frittata?
Frittata is cooked on the stove and then baked in the microwave. So, to cook it on the stove, you need a cast iron skillet that is seasoned well. Do not use stainless steel to make the frittata. This will cause the frittata to stick in the pan.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Frittata?
- Bowls – Put the chopped veggies in one bowl and beat the eggs in another.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a sharp knife.
- Oven-Proof Skillet – Sauté the veggies in a large skillet pan.
- Perforated Ladle – Use a perforated ladle to cook the bacon and the veggies.
- Oven – Put the skillet pan in the oven to bake the frittata at home.
- Spatula – Spread the eggs all over the skillet with a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Frittata?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Frittata?
- Bacon – Sauté the bacon using a saucepan until it is crispy and golden brown.
- Eggs – Take six eggs to prepare the Gordon Ramsay frittata.
- Oil – Use any vegetable oil as per your preference to sauté the veggies and bacon.
- Red Pepper – Add red bell peppers to the pan and mix it well with bacon.
- Spring Onions – Freshly chopped onions will bring out the best flavors to the frittata.
- Peas – Mix the peas with other veggies to prepare the frittata.
- Basil Leaves – Bring out fragrant flavors to the frittata by adding basil leaves to the pan.
- Goat Cheese – Add the chunks of goat cheese on the top of pan to bring out the blend of cheesy and creamy flavors.
- Salt – Season the eggs and the veggies with salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper will enhance the taste and flavors of the frittata.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Frittata
Take a deep-dish skillet to prepare the frittata at home. Add bacon to the greased skillet and let it cook until it is crispy and golden brown. Once the bacon is cooked, add the chopped onions, red bell peppers, and basil leaves. Sautee the veggies until translucent.
2. Beat The Eggs
Take a large bowl to whisk six eggs evenly. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to season the eggs. Beat them nicely and pour it onto the veggies.
3. Bake The Frittata
Spread it all over with a spatula and put it in the oven to bake at 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the frittata for 25 minutes until its top is golden brown. Gordon Ramsay’s frittata will be ready in no time.
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Frittata Look And Taste Like?
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to the omelet. Gordon Ramsay frittata is layered with colorful veggies and topped up with a blend of cheesy flavors. With a fluffy texture and creamy flavors, the frittata will hit the spot and impress your guests.
Ways To Pair Up The Frittata
Here are some side dishes that work best with frittata
- Salads – Pair up the frittata with an assortment of green and fresh salads.
- Muffins – French toast, blueberry, and cornbread muffins are some of the best muffins to pair the frittata with.
- Breakfast Toasts – Serve the frittata as a side to the main breakfast toasts. It will amp up the flavors of your meal.
- Quesadillas – Place the sliced frittata in between two tortillas to enjoy the quesadillas differently.
What Else Can I Add To Frittata?
There are endless possibilities to make the frittata. Make sure you bring out the contrasting texture with the added veggies. The top veggies include broccoli, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach, kale, and much more.
As long as you add a variety of veggies, the frittata can never go wrong. You will achieve aromatic, savory, and creamy texture by following the right steps.
What Makes A Frittata Rise?
Combine the eggs with milk or cream to achieve the desired structure. Moreover, beat the eggs until well blended. If you overbeat the eggs, it will incorporate too much air inside.
It will further result in a spongy texture that is unappealing. Combining the eggs evenly is the best way to achieve perfect fluffy risen frittata.
Why Is Your Frittata Not Fluffy?
If your frittata is not fluffy enough, it may be because of not adding the milk or cream to the egg mixture. This can also result in a flatter and a bit dense volume of the frittata.
Above that, slow-cook the eggs on the stove before you put it in the oven to bake. This will help you to achieve the perfect fluffy, soft, and delicious frittata.
Can You Freeze A Frittata?
Yes, you can freeze the frittata for later use. However, the frozen frittata may affect the flavors and texture. Before you put it in the refrigerator, make sure you let it cool down at room temperature.
Refrigerate the frittatas for up to 2 days. After that, you may not be able to relish the same flavors.
Gordon Ramsay Frittata Recipe
- ½ cup Bacon
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ cup Red Pepper (Chopped)
- ½ cup Spring Onions (Chopped)
- ½ cup Peas (Chopped)
- ½ cup Basil Leaves (Chopped)
- ½ cup Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan and add the bacon to it. Cook the bacon for about 2-3 minutes. Add the red pepper to it and cook until the bacon is crispy.
- After that, add the onions and cook them for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the peas and basil.
- In a bowl, add eggs, salt, and pepper, and beat everything. Pour this mixture into the pan and let it just set. Scatter some more goat cheese on the top and place the pan under the grill.
- Cook the frittata for 4-5 minutes until it looks golden. Take the pan out and slide the frittata out of it. Slice it and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between frittata and quiche?
Generally, a quiche has a pie crust and a frittata does not. A quiche is an egg custard pie and a frittata is a crustless quiche.
Why does my frittata fall apart?
The frittata falls apart when the eggs are overcooked.
Should I add milk to my frittata?
Adding milk to the frittata is completely a personal choice. The milk can enhance the texture and flavors to the frittata.
How do you keep a frittata Fluffy?
To make the frittata fluffy and airy, make sure to beat the eggs nicely.
Prepare Gordon Ramsay’s frittata right in your kitchen. Follow the right steps and get it done in no time. Once you try this recipe, there is no going back to the restaurant frittata’s. Share your experience with us in the comment section below.