Looking for a perfect breakfast recipe? You should try Gordon Ramsay French Toast. It’s super delicious and easy to make. This toast is a signature-style version of classic French toast.
It is basically an American cuisine (Louisiana Creole cuisine) and not French cuisine. Read this article further and you’ll find all the instructions along with more details about Chef Ramsay’s recipe.
For Gordon Ramsay French toast, bake bread slices in the oven for about 15 minutes. Soak the bread slices in the mixture of eggs, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, butter, milk, and vanilla.
In a skillet containing butter, brown these slices for about 3 minutes and serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar.
Brioche is the most commonly used bread for French toast. It’s thick, fluffy, and buttery, which is everything you want in French toast. It’s made from a leavened yeast dough which is heavy on the eggs and the butter.
Now, look at the recipe card for detailed instructions on this recipe. You’ll find the list of the ingredients required for the recipe and the video in the recipe card below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille
- Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree
- Gordon Ramsay Tomato Soup
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Mutton Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Potatoes Boulangere
- Gordon Ramsay Marconi Cheese And Cauliflower Bake
- Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly
- Gordon Ramsay Leg Of Lamb
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay French Toast?
- Oven – Warm the bread in the oven before dredging it with the egg mixture.
- Skillet – Brown the bread in a large skillet.
- Baking Sheet – Rest the soaked bread on the baking sheet before placing it in the skillet.
- Bowl – Use a large mixing bowl to make the egg mixture for this recipe.
- Spatula – Use an offset spatula to flip the bread. Also, you need a spatula to mix the ingredients for egg mixture.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay French Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay French Toast?
- Bread – I’ve used eight slices of bread for this recipe.
- Eggs – Use four eggs to make the egg mixture for toast.
- Butter – Melt about two tablespoons of butter. You need to add butter to the egg mixture and to brown the bread.
- Milk – Add about one and a half cups of milk to the egg mixture. Milk adds depth to the flavors.
- Vanilla Extract – Add vanilla flavor to the toast by adding a tablespoon of vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
- Caster Sugar – Caster sugar is sweeter and dissolves better than the regular sugar. You need to add about three tablespoons of caster sugar to the egg mixture.
- Cinnamon Powder – Add a bit spiciness to the toast by adding a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it.
- Salt – Enhance the taste of the toast and balance the excess sweet flavors by adding one-fourth teaspoon of salt to the egg mixture.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay French Toast
1. Prep The Egg Mixture
Bake bread slices in the preheated oven (350 F) for about 15 minutes turning them halfway.
In a large bowl, add four eggs, two tablespoons of melted butter, half a teaspoon cinnamon powder, one and a half cup of milk. Mix and combine well.
Now add a pinch of salt, three tablespoons of caster sugar, and one tablespoon of vanilla extract to it. Mix them well to combine.
2. Soak The Bread In Egg Mixture
Remove the bread from the oven. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture and then, place them on the baking sheet.
Add butter to a skillet over medium heat and brown the bread in it for about three minutes. Drizzle maple syrup on top and serve.
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||563 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay French Toast Look and Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay French toast has a crispy golden finish. It’s soaked with scrumptious flavors of egg mixture. Every crispy bite of this soft and fluffy toast has the sweetness of sugar with a hint of cinnamon spice and vanilla extract.
The powdered sugar or maple syrup finishing makes it sweeter. It’s a healthy delicious breakfast and a perfect mood booster of the day!
Gordon Ramsay French Toast Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 8 slices Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- 1.5 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Put eggs, milk, cinnamon powder, castor sugar, salt, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Pour this mixture into a dish.
- Mix everything.
- Soak the bread slices in this mixture from both sides. Then, place these slices on the baking sheet.
- Now melt the butter in a skillet and heat the bread in it until it's brown for about 5 minutes.
- Serve these with maple syrup or powdered sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is French toast supposed to be wet in the middle?
The ideal French toast is browned and crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It is not dry and it is not soggy.
Should I butter my pan for French toast?
Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray, add a slice of butter and allow it to melt. Tilt the pan to distribute the butter all over the pan. Butter makes the French toast a bit crispy on the outside and adds delicious flavor.
Can you use water instead of milk for French toast?
Begin making your French toast recipe without milk by beating the eggs, water, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl until well combined.
How do I make my toast more crispy?
To make your toast more crispy, one of the easiest option is to put the oven on low, and place your toast inside. Put it on a rack so that the air can circulate all around it, letting it ‘breathe’. This will prevent any moisture from forming underneath it, which will make it go soggy.
Do you like this recipe? If yes, then try this delicious recipe and creamy Gordon Ramsay French toast at your home. Don’t forget to share your experience with this recipe in the comments section below.