Do you want to make bread at home but don’t know how? Then, Gordon Ramsay’s focaccia recipe is the one for you. Gordon Ramsay admits that it is the perfect bread to begin your home baking journey with. It is simple, beautiful, and it is hard to go wrong with this one.
The beautiful focaccia is topped with sun-blushed tomatoes and olives. The dough is aerated and rises perfectly. The semolina in the dough makes it crusty and delicious when baked. Rosemary gives the bread a great fragrance and a herby flavor. The olive oil drizzle fills the pockets in the dough and accentuates the flavors of the tomato and olives.
You can randomly place the tomatoes and olives over the dough. But if you’re feeling particularly creative, you can arrange them to look like flowers. Don’t we all love a good-looking bread that tastes heavenly too? Without further ado, let’s get all into the recipe of focaccia. But first, check out some other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Mille Feuille
- Gordon Ramsay Chimichurri
- Gordon Ramsay Scrambled Eggs
- Gordon Ramsay Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Gordon Ramsay Carbonara
- Gordon Ramsay Honey Glazed Ham
- Gordon Ramsay Mulled Wine
- Gordon Ramsay Crab Cakes
- Gordon Ramsay Pizza Dough
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia?
- Large Mixing Bowl- You’ll be needing a large mixing bowl for mixing the ingredients and then for proofing the dough.
- Baking Tray- This is where you’ll place your beautiful bread in when you’ll have to bake it.
- Brush- This bristled friend will help you grease the baking tray.
- Wooden Board- After you bake the bread, place it on this wooden board; to cool down and to cut.
- Knife- Slice it using a sharp knife and hear the beautiful crackle of the crust.
- Oven- What else will you bake it in? Please, don’t say microwave.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia?
|Preparation Time||Rising Time (For Dough)||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour||30 Minutes||1 Hour 45 Minutes|
What Are The Ingredients Used To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia?
- Strong Bread Flour- Gordon uses strong bread flour and it makes for a piece of good bread.
- Semolina- Semolina gives the bread the rusty texture and we are here for it.
- Dry Yeast- Yeast gives the bread the aerated texture that makes it what it is supposed to be.
- Olives- One of the toppings of the bread, it gives the bread a tangy and savory touch.
- Sun Blushed Tomatoes- Sunblushed tomatoes are not void of all moisture and thus are still filled with flavor. They bring a certain tangy yet sweet taste to the bread.
- Rosemary Leaves- Rosemary adds a certain element of freshness to the bread.
- Olive Oil- Olive oil is used in kneading the bread as well as is drizzled over the before baking to add more flavor and moisture.
- Warm Water- Warm water added at the time of making the dough helps activate the yeast and makes the dough rise better.
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper- It is important to season the bread before baking. Add salt to the flour when making the dough and also to the baking tray. Sprinkle it over the dough as well.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia
1. Make The Dough
First, prepare the dough. For that, add flour and semolina to a bowl. Add dry yeast to it and a little bit of salt to season the dough. Mix it and then make a well in between this mixture. In a jar, mix the water and oil and pour it into the well. Mix it with your hands until it takes the form of a rough dough. Then, take it out on a lightly dusted surface and knead it with your hands until it forms a smooth dough.
2. Let It Proof
Put the dough in the bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Keep this dough in a warm place for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
3. Dress It And Bake It
After it has doubled in size, get ready to bake it. Brush the baking pan with olive oil and sprinkle salt on its base. Place the dough in the tray and spread it with your greased fingers. Then, make small wells in the dough and place the tomatoes and olives in it. After that, sprinkle sea salt, black pepper, and rosemary over the dough. Lastly, drizzle some olive oil over it and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Serve The Beautiful Focaccia
After the bread is baked and has a golden color, take it out of the oven and place it on a wooden cutting board. Slice it with a knife and serve it.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
What Will Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia Look And Taste Like?
The focaccia looks golden and beautiful with the baked olives and tomatoes poking out a little bit. The rosemary also gives a beautiful texture to the bread. The bread is crusty and you can heat it when you slice it. In terms of taste, it tastes somewhat like a pizza but without cheese.
Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia Recipe
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray (28 x 20 cm)
- Wooden Board
- 500 g Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon Coarse Semolina
- 2 (7g) sachets Dried Yeast
- 75 g Black Olives (pitted, sliced)
- 150 g Sunblush Tomatoes
- 3 sprigs Rosemary (only leaves)
- 50 ml Olive Oil (plus some extra)
- 320 ml Warm Water
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, semolina, yeast, and some salt and mix them.
- Now, add water and oil to it and mix until it begins to form into a rough dough. Then, take it out and place it on a flour-dusted surface. Knead it with your hands until it forms a smooth dough.
- Clean and flour the mixing bowl and place the dough in it. Keep this bowl in a warm place for about an hour until the dough rises to double its size.
- Make sure you preheat the oven to 200°C.
- After that, brush a baking tray with oil and place the risen dough in it. With greased fingers, spread the dough all over the base of the baking tray.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the dough and then, press tomatoes and olives over the dough. Press them to the point that they are still poking through the dough. Season the dough with sea salt and black pepper. Then, sprinkle the rosemary over the bread as well.
- Before placing the tray in the oven, drizzle some olive oil over the bread. After that, bake it for half an hour until it looks beautifully golden.
- Take the tray out of the oven and place the bread on a wooden board. Cut it into slices and serve. Your beautiful focaccia bread is ready.
So, this was the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia. Try to make this focaccia bread at home and tell me in the comments how well you like it. See you next time!