Are you Hungry?
If yes, then save you hunger for this Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips recipe that I am about to tell you. It is a traditional English fish and potato chips recipe but Gordon’s magic and style made this more than a simple Fish and Chips.
The thing that also makes this dish even more special is the mushy peas that’ll be served with the dish. So in order to recreate the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips at home, you also need to prepare the mushy peas.
This is the reason why I’ve divided this recipe into two parts-
- The Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe
- Mushy Peas Recipe
But first, let’s check out the Fish and Chips recipe.
How Much Time it will Take
|10 minutes||35 minutes||45 minutes|
Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Ingredients
You will find all the recipes that are required to prepare Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips in any supermarket near your home.
- 4 large units of Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and cut in strips)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 unit Egg
- Beer (Enough for the batter)
- Beer (Enough for Frying)
- Groud Black Pepper (As required to season fish and fries and peas)
- 1.5 pounds of Cod fillets
- Parsley, Paprika, Fresh Mint (As required for the garnish of peas and fries)
- 1 clove Minced Garlic
- 1 unit Minced shallot
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 unit Lemon
Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe
- In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, mix together flour, beer, and egg; stir until the mixture is smooth. The secret is you let the mixture stand for a night to make it even crisper.
- Take the cod first season it with salt to remove the extra moisture and then put it in the flour with black pepper in it. Nicely coat them and then dust off excess flour and dip it in the batter.
Pro Tip: You cut your fish even it is gonna cook evenly.
- Now just roll that and let it sink in the batter.
- Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lay your Fish in there and fry until the fish is golden brown.
- Take it out and as it is crispier and steaming hot season it with some salt and move on to making fries.
Pro Tip: Don’t wash the potatoes.
- Blanch the potatoes in the lesser heated oil (about 330 temperature) for 2 minutes. now cook them for the second time with higher temperature (rise to 385). The indicator for the fries are done is they rise up in the oil.
- Drain well on paper towels. Add some fresh parsley, paprika and a touch of some salt and pepper to it for taste.
Note- You need to follow every step mentioned above to make you Fish and Chips exactly like the ones served by Gordon Ramsey.
So this is how you can make the perfect Gordon Ramsay fish and chips at home but this is not it. You also have to make Mushy Peas to make this recipe complete. So now let’s see how you can make Mushy Peas as well.
Mushy Peas Ingredients
- 1 Cup Boiled Peas
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Minced Shallot
Mushy Peas Recipe
- Put a splash of oil in the pan. Put in some boiled peas, now a touch of salt, pepper, minced shallot, and some garlic and a little knob of butter.
- Toss ’em. When evaporated turn off the gas and crush em a little bit add some more butter and some fresh mint.
- Now platter these glossy peas with white sauce, fries and fish that is seasoned with some lemon juice in the end and serve.
Watch the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Recipe with Mushy Peas
If you are a Gordon Ramsay fan, then do check out Gordon Ramsay’s Filet Mignon recipe. Do let us know your experiences in the comments below.