As the name suggests, Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips are from the famous chef Gordon Ramsay. Today, I am going to share the secret recipe of how Gordon Ramsay makes fish and chips.
Fish and Chips is one of the most popular breakfast items in the UK. Gordon Ramsay is a chef who makes the best fish and chips. I first tried this dish in Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant. It was so tasty! So, I thought of making the same fish and chips at my home and share this awesome recipe with you guys. I tried 4-5 times and eventually got the perfect recipe for you guys.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s fish and chips, coat the fish in beer, flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and then fry it. Chips are made by cutting potatoes into thin wedge-sized slices and then frying them. At last, Mushy peas are made by boiling peas and pulse them with cream, butter, salt and pepper.
Well, don’t worry if you are feeling confused about the recipe. This was just a short recipe; the complete detailed recipe is mentioned below. Now let’s see all the ingredients required for making this recipe.
Ingredients for Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips
- 4 large units of Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and cut in strips)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 unit Egg
- Beer (enough for the batter)
- Beer (enough for Frying)
- Groud Black Pepper (as required to season fish and fries and peas)
- 1.5 pounds of Cod fillets
- Parsley, Paprika, Fresh Mint (as required for the garnish of peas and fries)
- 1 clove Minced Garlic
- 1 unit Minced shallot
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 unit Lemon
You will find all the ingredients that are required to prepare these authentic Fish and Chips in any supermarket near your home.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||35 Minutes||45 Minutes|
This is quite an easy recipe and can be made in less than an hour. Now let’s see the ingredients required to make this recipe.
Steps to Make Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips
- In a separate medium-size mixing bowl, mix together flour, beer, and egg; stir until the mixture is smooth. The secret is you let the mixture stand for a night to make it even crisper.
- Take the cod first season it with salt to remove the extra moisture and then put it in the flour with black pepper in it. Nicely coat them and then dust off excess flour and dip it in the batter.
- Now just roll that and let it sink in the batter.
- Preheat the oil in a large pot or electric skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lay your Fish in there and fry until the fish is golden brown.
Take it out and as it is crispier and steaming hot season it with some salt and move on to making fries.
Pro Tip: You cut your fish even it is gonna cook evenly.
- Blanch the potatoes in the lesser heated oil (about 330 temperature) for 2 minutes. now cook them for the second time with higher temperature (rise to 385). The indicator for the fries are done is they rise up in the oil.
- Drain well on paper towels. Add some fresh parsley, paprika and a touch of some salt and pepper to it for taste.
Note- You need to follow every step mentioned above to make you Fish and Chips exactly like the ones served by Gordon Ramsey.
So this is how you can make the perfect Gordon Ramsay fish and chips at home but this is not it. You also have to make Mushy Peas to make this recipe complete. So now let’s see how you can make Mushy Peas as well.
Ingredients for Mushy Peas
- 1 Cup Boiled Peas
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Minced Shallot
For Mushy Peas:
- Put a splash of oil in the pan. Put in some boiled peas, now a touch of salt, pepper, minced shallot, and some garlic and a little knob of butter.
- Toss ’em. When evaporated turn off the gas and crush em a little bit add some more butter and some fresh mint.
- Now platter these glossy peas with white sauce, fries and fish that is seasoned with some lemon juice in the end and serve.
Nutritional Breakdown of Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips
Let’s check out the nutritional facts about this recipe.
How to Make at Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips Home | Video
To make the cooking process more easy, I have added a recipe video below.
If you are a Gordon Ramsay fan, then do check out Gordon Ramsay’s Filet Mignon recipe. Do let us know your experiences in the comments below.