Gordon Ramsay has recreated several French recipes. Trust me! You’ll be hooked on the French cookbook once you try these. Gordon Ramsay’s dauphinoise potatoes is one of them. It’s a scrumptious meal to enjoy and is super easy. Just a handful of ingredients and you’ll be ready with the most decadent and comforting food for the day. So, get ready to drench your potatoes in French flavors.
Gordon Ramsay’s dauphinoise potatoes are filled with cream sauce and are seasoned with salt and pepper. Don’t rinse these potato slices before adding them to the baking dish. The potato starch combined with the cream sauce makes it thicker and more delicious. You can also use butter to grease the pan. Try this recipe now and enjoy it with your meal.
To start with the recipe procedure, we need to know all the ingredients and equipment used. So, check out the lists below and make sure you have all of these to make Gordon Ramsay’s dauphinoise potatoes. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Mille Feuille– Mille feuille translates to thousand layers. This recipe is a French dessert that will leave you wanting more. The layers of the puff pastry are flavored with vanilla beans and orange zest.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Scrambled Eggs– This is a great breakfast to start your day with. You can get both; taste as well as nutrition with this dish.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Focaccia– Making aesthetically delightful is something everyone loves. Focaccia might seem like a tough nut to crack. But once you check out Gordon Ramsay break down his famous Focaccia recipe for you, you will ace it.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Dauphinoise Potatoes?
Gather all the equipment listed below to make Gordon Ramsay’s dauphinoise potatoes.
- Saucepan- You’ll need a saucepan to make the sauce for dauphinoise potatoes.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the cream in the pan and to spread the cream sauce and cheese in the baking dish.
- Spoon- You can use a spoon to add ingredients to the pan or to the baking dish.
- Mandolin Slicer- Mandolin slicer is the best for slicing evenly thin slices of potatoes. Make sure you do not hurt your finger while slicing the potatoes.
- Grater- Use a grater to grate cheddar cheese. It melts more smoothly and quickly.
- Baking Dish- You’ll need a baking dish for this recipe. Use a 9×13 baking dish for this recipe.
- Cooking Spray- Use a cooking spray or PAM oil for greasing the baking pan before you arrange potatoes in it.
- Oven- You cannot skip this major equipment if you want to make Gordon Ramsay’s dauphinoise potatoes.
- Sieve- To strain the cream sauce, you need a sieve.
- Bowl- Strain the cream sauce and collect it in a large bowl before adding it to the baking pan.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Dauphinoise Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||45 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Dauphinoise Potatoes?
Now, let’s have a look at all the ingredients for Gordon Ramsay’s dauphinoise potatoes.
- Potatoes- Potatoes are the main ingredient in the recipe.
- Heavy Cream- You can’t make dauphinoise potatoes by adding cream. Heavy cream combined with the starch from potatoes makes the sauce thicker and tastier.
- Bay Leaves- Bay leaves are added to the cream. These leaves make the cream fragrant and add woody flavor to it.
- Garlic Cloves- Use raw garlic to give a mild spicy touch to the dish.
- Cheddar Cheese- Dauphinoise potatoes are incomplete without cheddar cheese. Spread grated cheddar cheese between the layers of potatoes.
- Salt and Pepper- Salt and pepper are the basic seasoning agents used in this dish. Adding salt and pepper to dauphinoise potatoes will enhance the taste and make it slightly spicy.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Dauphinoise Potatoes
1. Slice the potatoes
Start off by slicing the potatoes using a mandolin slicer. The slices of the potatoes should be as thin as possible.
2. Prep the cream sauce
For the cream sauce, add double cream to a saucepan over medium heat. Add bay leaves and garlic to the pan. Let it bubble for a few minutes and remove it from the heat. Keep it aside to cool.
3. Arrange the potatoes
Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Spread some grated cheddar cheese at the bottom of the baking dish. Now, start arranging potatoes at the base of the baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread cheddar cheese all over the potatoes and arrange another layer of potatoes over the cheese and again season them. Repeat the process 2-3 times and Finish with grated cheese on top.
4. Bake and serve
Strain the cream sauce into a bowl and remove the leaves and garlic. Now pour this sauce over the potatoes in the baking dish. Bake it for about 30-45 minutes in a preheated oven (400 F).
|Saturated Fat||92 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||43 g|
|Vitamin A||5876 IU|
|Vitamin C||184 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Dauphinoise Potatoes Look and Taste?
Delish! Isn’t it? The crispy golden crust of potatoes is coated with tangy cheese. Tastes incredible! These potatoes are oozing garlic flavored cream sauce. It’s a foolproof celebration meal and can be enjoyed with all types of meals.
Gordon Ramsay’s Dauphinoise Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 14 ounces Heavy Cream
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 bag Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Slice the potatoes into thin pieces.
- To a saucepan, add cream and set it over medium heat. Now add garlic and bay leaves to the pan. Let it bubble for a few minutes and then remove it from the heat.
- Grease the baking pan with cooking spray and add grated cheese to the bottom of the pan. Now place the slices of potatoes on the grated cheese. Spread grated cheese over the layer of potatoes and repeat the process at least 3 to 4 times.
- Now, strain the cream sauce into a bowl using a sieve and remove the bay leaves and garlic.
- Finish by spreading grated cheese on top. Now, pour the cream sauce into the baking pan.
- Bake it for about 30 to 45 minutes in a preheated oven (400 F).
- Your Gordon Ramsay special dauphinoise potatoes are ready.