Gordon Ramsay can inspire anyone to make a Michelin-star-worthy dish from the comfort of home. One such Gordon Ramsay recipe is Gordon Ramsay’s creme brulee. It’s Gordon’s version of classic French custard. This luxury dessert has a creamy, velvety custard with thick caramelized sugar on top. The coffee beans layer adds more flavor to this dessert.
I got the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s creme brulee from his award-winning book “Just desserts”. As its name suggests (in French, creme means cream and Brulee means burnt), this custard is a baked cream and burnt on top using propane flame just the moment before serving. The eggs and double cream perfectly emulsify into this custard. Sugar and coffee are the flavoring agents for this dessert. Try this recipe and I’m sure it’ll make you feel fancy!
Now, let me walk you through the steps of making Gordon Ramsay’s crème brulee. You’ll find the lists of all important equipment and ingredients below. Read them and follow the instructions carefully. If you want to skip adding liqueur (Tia maria), you can definitely try that. Try it now and trust me, you’ll be proud of yourself once it’s done. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out the links for other Gordon Ramsay dishes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tarts
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie
- Gordon Ramsay New York Cheesecake
- Gordon Ramsay Coconut Pancakes
- Gordon Ramsay Ice Cream
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Cake
- Gordon Ramsay Profiteroles
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Tart
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Crumble
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to beat the egg yolks and mix them with the coffee-cream mixture.
- Saucepan- Use a heavy-base saucepan to warm the cream with coffee.
- Spatula- You can use a spatula to stir the cream mixture and mix it with the egg yolks.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add the ingredients like espresso coffee, the saucepan, or a bowl.
- Whisk- To beat the eggs in a bowl and to whisk the coffee-cream mixture with the eggs, use a whisk.
- Sieve- Use a fine sieve to strain the mixture from the bowl in a jug to make sure you have a creamy smooth texture without any clumps.
- Coffee cups- Bake the creme brulee mixture in small oven-proof Coffee cups.
- Baking Tray- Line the cups on the baking tray and place this tray in the oven to bake creme brulee.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee?
- Double cream- Add twelve ounces of double cream to add thickness and flavor to the recipe.
- Milk- Use four ounces of full-fat milk for the creme brulee. Full fat milk makes the creme thick and wobbly.
- Coffee- Add three tablespoons of double shot espresso coffee to give a flavor of coffee in creme brulee.
- Tia maria- Tia Maria is a coffee liqueur. You can add tia maria to add more coffee flavor to creme brulee.
- Egg yolks- Eggs are the main thickener for this custard. Lightly beat six large eggs to give a thick, velvety texture to creme brulee.
- Sugar- Caster sugar is sweeter than regular sugar and dissolves comparatively better. Use three ounces of caster sugar in this recipe.
- Sugar- Caramelize the creme brulee with two tablespoons of demerara sugar before serving.
- Coffee beans- You can serve the creme brulee with the chocolate-coated coffee beans.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee
1. Warm Milk And Cream
In a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add cream and milk. Heat them slowly and then stir in espresso coffee and liqueur.
2. Whisk In The Egg Yolk
Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl until the eggs are creamy and pale. Add the hot coffee-cream mixture slowly while continuing whisking it in the bowl. Whisk in the sugar until dissolved. Then strain this mixture using a fine sieve in a jug.
3. Bake And Serve
Place the lightly greased coffee cups on the baking tray and pour in the creme espresso mixture from the jug. Bake them for about 45 minutes until the custard inside the coffee is set. Let it cool completely after removing it from the oven. Then, refrigerate it until required. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top and caramelize it. Serve immediately with coffee beans on top.
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1102 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee Look and Taste?
It’s done! Yes, Gordon Ramsay’s creme brulee is this easy. Now, grab a spoon! Crack in the caramelized sugar layer to the creamy custard. Fill yourself with the delight of this airy custard. It has a strong flavor of espresso coffee with sweet notes of sugar and cream in it. The chocolate coffee beans on top add more flavor to the creme brulee. The Tia maria intensifies the coffee flavor and the burnt cream on top gives a rich caramel-like flavor to this dessert.
Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee Recipe
- Coffee Cups
- Baking Tray
- 12 ounces Double Cream
- 4 ounces Full Fat Milk
- 3.3 tablespoons Espresso Coffee (double shot)
- 1 tablespoon Tia Maria (optional)
- 6 Egg
- 3 ounces Caster Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Demerara Sugar (to caramelize)
- Chocolate Coated Coffee Beans (optional)
- To heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add cream and milk. Heat them slowly and then, stir in espresso coffee and liqueur.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl and let them turn creamy and pale. Now, add the hot coffee-cream mixture slowly while continuing whisking it in the bowl. Add in the sugar until completely dissolved. Then strain the mixture using a fine sieve in a jug.
- Place the lightly greased coffee cups on the baking tray and pour in the creme espresso mixture from the jug. Bake this custard for about 45 minutes until the custard inside the coffee is set.
- Let it cool completely after removing it from the oven. Then, refrigerate it until required. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top and caramelize it. Serve immediately with coffee beans on top.
So! That’s all about this recipe. Did you try it? Tell me in the comments below. Check out other Gordon Ramsay’s recipes here and try them too.