For a sweet and zingy breakfast, try Gordon Ramsay’s coconut pancakes. These delicious pancakes are flavored with desiccated coconut and coconut milk. No doubt! It’s healthy and makes the perfect quick breakfast within a matter of minutes. So, get ready to load your breakfast with coconut delight and bring a smile to everyone’s face in your family.
Gordon Ramsay’s coconut pancakes are thin, soft pancakes with lime syrup. The syrup for pancakes has lime juice, honey, lemon zest, and sugar dissolved in it. Make sure you use a non-stick pan for the pancakes. You can serve these pancakes with mango slices to give a fresh, healthy lift to your breakfast.
So, get ready to make delicious Gordon Ramsay’s coconut pancakes with lemon syrup. But first, read the list of the kitchen equipment and ingredients required before you start with the recipe procedure. Follow the steps carefully and your pancakes will be as delicious as mentioned below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Carrot Cake Macaroons– Gordon Ramsay’s carrot cake macaroons are one of the best combination desserts. Carrot and coconut are the stars of the show. The amazing aroma comes from sweet-smelling spices. Dip them in chocolate or icing and enjoy these mini cakes.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Chicken Pie– Gordon Ramsay’s chicken pie is like no other. This deconstructed pie is served as a creamy chicken vegetable sauce and baked puff pastry. It is really easy to make and you can taste the earthy vegetables, creamy chicken, and golden pastry in each bite.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Ice Cream-Gordon Ramsay’s banana ice cream recipe is so simple it has one ingredient. Just blend frozen bananas and you have a delicious and healthy ice cream that you binge on guilt-free.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Quinoa Salad– Gordon Ramsay’s quinoa salad is a delicious way to switch to healthy eating. The salad is like a breath of fresh air, literally. It has cucumber lime zest and mint. Also, the almonds give a little crunch in every bite.
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes?
- Bowl- Use the bowl to prepare the batter and to keep the ingredients before making the pancake.
- Saucepan- You’ll need a pan to cook the pancakes. Use a flat-base saucepan for this recipe.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and to stir the lime syrup.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add batter to the pan and to add ingredients to the bowl containing the flour mixture.
- Whisk- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients to make a smooth batter for the pancake.
- Platter- Serve your coconut pancakes on a platter.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||15 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes?
- Coconut- For coconut pancakes, you need a desiccated coconut. It’s dried, flaked and perfect for baking.
- Plain flour- Plain flour is the main ingredient for pancakes. Plain flour tends to create a thinner base in the pancake. You can also use self-raising flour for the pancakes.
- Baking powder- It’s an important ingredient for pancakes. It makes the batter lighter and airy.
- Egg- Eggs add fats and emulsifiers to the pancake and make it healthier and softer.
- Coconut milk- Use coconut milk to add more coconut flavor. It dissolves the ingredients and also provides a liquid structure to the batter.
- Butter- Cook the pancakes to perfection with a hearty amount of butter.
- Honey- Use a tablespoon of runny honey to add sweetness to the pancake.
- Mango- Serve these delicious pancakes with mango slices.
- Water- You’ll need water for the lime syrup for the pancakes.
- Castor sugar- Use caster sugar to add sweetness to the syrup. It’s finely granulated sugar and dissolves better than the normal sugar.
- Lemon- To make the lime syrup, lemon is the basic ingredient. You’ll need the lemon zest along with the lime juice to flavor the syrup.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes
1. Prep the lime syrup
For the lime syrup, add water to a pan. Add the caster sugar and zest a lemon over the pan. Now, add lime juice and simmer the liquid for about 10 minutes.
2. Prep the batter
For the pancake batter, add flour, desiccated coconut, and baking powder. Mix them all and crack in an egg. Add coconut milk to the bowl and whisk them into a well-combined batter. Add a few teaspoons of runny honey to add sweetness to the batter.
3. Pan-fry the cakes
Add butter to a saucepan and overheat. Spoon some batter into the pan and let it cook until it’s golden brown. Flip it and cook on the other side.
Transfer the pancake to the platter. Drizzle the lime syrup over the pancakes and serve with mango slices.
|Saturated Fat||26 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||619 IU|
|Vitamin C||20 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes Look and Taste?
So, here we are with delicious Gordon Ramsay’s coconut pancakes. These pancakes are light and thin and are flavored with coconut milk, desiccated coconut, egg, and honey. The lime syrup drizzled over the pancakes has lime juice, sugar, and honey dissolved in it. It also has a zesty flavor of lemon zest. So, try Gordon Ramsay’s coconut pancakes now and enjoy your sweet and healthy breakfast.
Gordon Ramsay’s Coconut Pancakes Recipe
- 3.5 ounces Desiccated Coconut (unsweetened)
- 3.5 ounces Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 8.4 ounces Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Runny Honey
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- 5 ounces Water
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- For batter, add desiccated coconut, flour, and baking powder to a bowl and whisk them well. Crack in an egg and add coconut milk along with runny honey to the bowl. Whisk it well to form a smooth batter. Cover it and leave it aside to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- For lime syrup, add five ounces of water to the pan and zest a lemon over it. Add lime juice, caster sugar, and stir. Let it simmer for about 10 to 11 minutes until it thickens. Leave it aside to cool.
- Now, heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and spoon the batter in it. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat and then flip it.
- Cook it on the other side until golden brown in color. Remove it from the pan.
- Transfer the pancakes to the platter, drizzle lime syrup over the pancakes and serve with mango slices.