Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart is a simple and delightful dessert. If you are a home pastry chef in the making, try this Gordon Ramsay recipe of chocolate tart knockoff recipe with us. This recipe will tell you how you can make chocolate from scratch. Scroll down to know more.
Tarts are made with a pastry base and a filling. The filling can be sweet or savory, but the usual way is to make a sweet tart. The filling can be of your choice, like a fruit filling or a custard. In this case, we’ll go with a chocolate filling, which is basic, but you can’t go wrong with it.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart, mix flour, sugar, butter, milk, and egg to make the pastry dough. Then, roll the pastry and cut it. Line the pans with the pastry, chill it and then bake it. Make the filling by mixing chocolate with hot milk and cream. Add eggs and sugar to it as well and pour into the pans. Bake for some more time and serve.
As you guessed, this is not the whole recipe. The recipe is below, with all the information you need. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Chops
- Gordon Ramsay Prawn Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Tenderloin
- Gordon Ramsay Beer Bread
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Tiramisu
- Gordon Ramsay Cheesecake In Jar
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Cake
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Pudding
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart?
- Saucepan – Prepare the chocolate sauce in a saucepan.
- Tart Tins – Place the rolled crust dough in tart tins.
- Ladle – Stir in all the elements to make chocolate sauce.
- Fork – Prick n the rolled dough to avoid the pastry bubbling.
- Oven – Bake the tart crust in the oven.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart?
- Sugar – Sweeten your chpcolate tart with a teaspoon of sugar.
- Butter – Take unsalted butter to prepare the crust for chocolate tart. Add some of it to the chocolate sauce as well.
- Flour – Add half a cup of flour to the butter and sugar mixture. Knead the dough to form a small disk. Roll the disk as per the size of tart tin. Using a fork pat the dough in the tin.
- Egg – Mix an egg with the flour mixture. It will result in firm dough.
- Milk – Knead the dough with half a cup of milk for better and smooth texture.
- Cream – Add half a tablespoon of double cream to prepare the chocolate sauce.
- Dark Chocolate – Add dark chocolte to the ban marie pot and make a silky and smooth plain chocolate.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart
1. Crust Mixture
Prepare the crust mixture by mixing sugar and unsalted butter nicely until it is creamy and smooth. Then, whisk in an egg, milk, and flour. Knead the dough lightly until it is well combined. Make a small disk shape dough and put it aside to chill for 10 minutes. After the resting time is over. Roll the tart base as per the size of a tart tin. Use a fork to pat the dough and prick it in the bottom to prevent the pastry from bubbling. Place the tart tin in the oven to prebake the crust.
2. Chocolate Sauce
In a ban marine pot, prepare the chocolate sauce by adding dark chocolate, butter, and double cream. Stir in until the chocolate is melted through. Pour the chocolate sauce onto the crispy and golden crust base. Tap the tart tin to level and set the chocolate sauce evenly. You can also garnish the chocolate tart with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
|Dietary Fiber||6.2 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart looks fresh and appetizing. The gorgeous silky smooth chocolate sauce leaves you drooling. Above that, the crispy and golden crust tastes even more delicious. You can’t resist making this quick dessert right in your kitchen.
Gordon Ramsay’s Chocolate Tart Recipe
- Tart Tins
- 125 g All-Purpose Flour
- 60 g Butter
- ½ large Egg
- 60 g Icing Sugar
- 150 g Dark Chocolate
- 100 ml Double Cream
- 2 tablespoons Milk
For The Pastry
- In a bowl, sift the flour and the icing sugar and mix them. Then, add the butter and mix. It will become a bit lumpy.
- Add the milk and egg and mix until a rough dough forms. Then, knead it with your hands until it forms a smooth dough. Put this dough in a bowl, wrap it with plastic wrap, and chill for 15.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Take the pastry out and roll it to make it about 5mm thick. Cut the pastry with a 6 cm cutter and place them in patty pans and freeze them for at least half an hour.
- Cook the pastry base for 15 minutes
For The Chocolate Filling
- In a ban Marie pan, add butter, milk, cream and bring them to a boil.
- Pour this mixture evenly into the tart tin and bake for 5 minutes.
- When they are set, take them out of the pans and serve
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart made of?
Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart is prepared by making the crust base and the chocolate sauce. The crust is made with sugar, butter, flour, and eggs combined. The sauce is made in a ban marine pot with chocolate, butter, and double cream.
How much time does it take to make Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart?
It takes only 30 minutes to prepare fresh and delish Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart.
How long can you keep chocolate tarts?
You can store the chocolate tarts in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How do you keep the tart pastry crisp?
Adding corn syrup or beaten eggs to the pastry base will keep the crust base crispy and crunchy.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready for this amazing and quick dessert by Gordon Ramsay. Follow the tips and tricks to make exactly the same chocolate tart in your kitchen. Share your feedback with us in the comment section below.