The chocolate tart is a simple and delightful dessert. If you are a home pastry chef in the making, try making this Gordon Ramsay chocolate tart recipe. This recipe will tell you how you can make a tart from scratch, even the pastry.
Tarts are made with a pastry base and a filling. The filling can be sweet or savory, but the usual way is to make a sweet-tart. The filling can be of your choice, like a fruit filling or a custard. In this case, we’ll go with a chocolate filling, which is basic, but you can’t go wrong with it.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate tart, mix flour, sugar, butter, milk, and egg to make the pastry dough. Then, roll the pastry and cut it. Line the pans with the pastry, chill it, and then bake it. Make the filling by mixing chocolate with hot milk and cream. Add eggs and sugar to it as well and pour into the pans. Bake for some more time and serve.
As you guessed, this is not the whole recipe. The recipe is below, with all the information you need. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Grilled Cheese– You can never go wrong with grilled cheese. But if you wish to add a hint of spice to it, it is suggested that you try Gordon Ramsay grilled cheese.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Frittata– Gordon Ramsay’s frittata is a breakfast recipe. Made with eggs, vegetables, meat and cheese this dish will leave you wanting for more.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Stir Fry– Cook a healthy and scrumptious home meal with stir fry recipe from Gordon Ramsay. It is really easy to make and takes no time.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Salad– Incorporate steak in your salad with this amazing dish. This dish is truly a synonym for perfection.
Gordon Ramsay’s Chocolate Tart Recipe
- 12 Hole Patty Pan
- Baking Beans
- Baking Paper
- 125 g All-Purpose Flour
- 60 g Butter (chilled)
- ½ large Egg
- 60 g Icing Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 150 g Dark Chocolate
- 50 ml Milk
- 100 ml Cream (35% fat)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
For The Pastry
- In a bowl, sift the flour and the icing sugar and mix them. Then, add the butter and mix. It will become a bit lumpy.
- Add the milk and egg and mix until a rough dough forms. Then, knead it with your hands until it forms a smooth dough. Put this dough in a bowl, wrap it with plastic wrap, and chill for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Take the pastry out and roll it to make it about 5mm thick. Cut the pastry with a 6 cm cutter and place them in patty pans and freeze them for at least half an hour.
- After that, line them with baking paper and add baking beans to the pan. Place the pans in the oven and cook the pastry for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, remove the beans and baking paper and bake the pastry for another 5 minutes. Take it out and allow it to cool.
For The Chocolate Filling
- Now, reduce the heat of the oven to 150°C.
- In a pan, add milk and cream and bring them to a boil.
- Then, add this mixture slowly to the bowl of chocolate and stir until combined.
- Also, add eggs and sugar to it and mix. Pour this mixture evenly into the pans and bake them for 20 minutes.
- When they are set, take them out of the pans and serve