If there’s one thing that can’t go wrong, then it is desserts by Gordon Ramsay. And one of them is Gordon Ramsay chocolate avocado mousse recipe, which is made with four simple ingredients and gets ready in three steps.
To make Gordon Ramsay chocolate avocado mousse, blend avocados until smooth. Then, add honey, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder and blend again. Pour the mousse into glasses, refrigerate for an hour and then serve.
If you want to try the version with the chocolate chips, it would be richer. You can also pour almond milk if you want to thicken your mousse, which will also add a little extra for a smoother consistency.
You don’t have to worry about making dessert the next time you invite your friends. Just follow this simple recipe written below. But before proceeding, check out these recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Galettes
- Gordon Ramsay Lemon Meringue Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Profiteroles
- Gordon Ramsay Raspberry Soufflé
- Gordon Ramsay Salmon En Croute
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Marquise
- Gordon Ramsay Christmas Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Ice Cream
- Gordon Ramsay Trifle
What Are The Tips For Making Gordon Ramsay Avocado Mousse?
Check out some important tips for making Gordon Ramsay avocado mousse below.
- Combine all four main ingredients to make Gordon Ramsay avocado mousse in a large mixing bowl.
- Take the avocados as per the serving portions.
- Blend the avocados nicely to avoid the remaining chunks into the chocolate avocado mousse.
- If you wish to make the chocolate mousse vegan friendly, you can substitute the honey with agave syrup.
- Once you prepare Gordon Ramsay avocado mousse, you can let it sit for some time to achieve the desired texture
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse?
- Fridge – Refrigerate the mousse in fridge for an hour until the mousse may seem thin, but will thicken as it cools.
- Blender – Blend all the ingredients in a blender until it gets a smoother consistency.
- Glass Sets – Serve the decadent avocado chocolate mousse in glass sets.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse?
|Preparation Time||Refrigeration Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse?
- Ripe Avocados – Peel and stone ripe avocados to make mousse for a buttery and creamy flavor and texture with the notes of slightly nutty, with earthy grassy undertones.
- Honey – Honey will add a floral, fruity, smoky, woody, spicy, nutty or earthy flavor to the mousse.
- Cocoa Powder – Dutch cocoa powder will lend a milder and chocolatey taste to the mousse.
- Vanilla Extract – Add vanilla extract to the blender to get a balmy and floral aroma.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Step 1- Mash the avocados into a bowl and make a paste out of it.
Step 2- Then, add honey, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder to it.
Step 3- Blend until everything combines.
Step 4- Pour this mousse equally into glasses and refrigerate them for an hour.
Step 5- Your Gordon Ramsay style Avocado Mousse is ready.
|Saturated Fat||2.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.6 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||8.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay chocolate avocado mousse is velvety chocolate dessert that tastes utterly decadent but it’s made of wholesome, healthy, and natural ingredients.
The best part about this avocado chocolate mousse is that it tastes so decadent and sinful that you can completely forget you’re getting so many health benefits at the same time!
What Toppings Can Be Served With Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse?
Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate avocado mousse is paired with a variety of dishes. You can find some of the best options below.
- Berries – You can top up the chocolate avocado mousse with some rich cranberries, blueberries, and gooseberries. It is a great topping option for homemade Gordon Ramsay chocolate avocado mousse.
- Coconut Whipped Cream – The coconut whipped cream is another best option to pair with Gordon Ramsay’s chocolate avocado mousse.
- Cranberry Orange Sauce – Rich cranberry orange juice is a great pairing option that tastes heavenly. Drizzle a splash of orange cranberry juice over the cup of chocolate avocado mousse.
- Caramel Sauce – Serve the chocolate mousse with a teaspoon of caramel sauce and relish the sweet and floral notes.
How Long Does Avocado Mousse Last In The Fridge?
You can store the avocado mousse in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Make sure you wrap the mousse in an airtight container. The avocados can ripen even in the refrigerator. So avoid having the chocolate avocado mousse after three days.
Does ThisMousse Thicken In The Fridge?
The chocolate avocado mousse will firm up evenly in the fridge and you will achieve a scoopable texture. However, let it sit at room temperature to get the softer mousse version again. You will see the difference in the texture of the mousse. It would thicken when you take it out from the fridge.
Why Did This Chocolate Mousse Not Set?
The chocolate avocado mousse was not set because the batter needed to be whipped up nicely. Do not overmix the batter, but whip it up to achieve the desired consistency.
Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe
- 2 large Ripe Avocados (peeled and stoned)
- 4 tablespoon Honey
- 50 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does chocolate avocado mousse last in the fridge?
You can store this chocolate avocado mousse in the fridge for not more than 3 to 5 days. You need to make sure it is stored in an airtight container. Otherwise, your mousse might spoil.
Why did my chocolate mousse go hard?
Be careful while reheating your chocolate mixture before you add whipped egg whites or whipped cream. If the mixture has already cooled and you add a large quantity of egg whites or cold cream, the chocolate hardens and forms grains.
Why isn’t my chocolate mousse fluffy?
It is recommended to use three-drop chocolate, as it has exactly the right amount of cocoa butter content which can produce the perfect end results. Chocolate with less cocoa butter will give the mousse too little texture.
How can I make my chocolate avocado mousse thicker?
Mix spoons of cornstarch with cold milk. Mix the cornstarch slurry into the main liquid ingredient. Heat the main ingredient over a double boiler until it thickens, or for 5 to 7 minutes.
Does chocolate mousse need to be refrigerated?
Whatever be your flavor, mousse will not do well when not refrigerated. This is why mousse needs to be refrigerated as soon as possible. The mousse will last for about 3 to 6 hours, depending on the climate.
Gordon Ramsay chocolate avocado mousse is so creamy and delicious that it’s actually hard to believe avocados in this recipe. If you love this recipe, try this at your home and don’t forget to share your experience with us.