Gordon Ramsay’s chili con Carne has all the Mexican flavors and the dish stays true to its roots. Minced beef and tomatoes are the heart of this colorful dish by Gordon Ramsay. The dish can be a great topping for nachos and a great filling for tacos.
Chili con carne literally means ‘chili with meat’. This delicious meat dish has its origin somewhere in northern Mexico and southern Texas. It is also healthy as it contains meat and beans. Thus, it is high in protein and also high in fiber.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s chili con carne, brown the meat in a pan. Heat oil in another pan and cook onion, garlic, thyme, and chili in it. Then, add spices, cooked beef, and tomatoes, and cook them. When they are cooked, add stock, puree, a cinnamon stick, and a bay leaf and simmer until thick. Lastly, add kidney beans and cook for 5-10 minutes.
This was just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe with all the details below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Pea And Ham Soup– Just like two peas in a pod, pea and ham go well along in this recipe. it is the intricate balance of flavors that will surely astonish you.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Stew– The beef stew recipe from Gordon Ramsay is exceptionally tasty. Made with the goodness of beef, vegetables and herbs, this dish will leave you wanting for more.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Panna Cotta – One of the most decadent desserts, Panna Cotta celebrated all over the world for its delicate taste. Check out the recipe to whip it on your own.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Beef And Guinness Stew – Replace your average stew with beef and Guinness stew. This recipe from Gordon Ramsay will help you to cook it to perfection.
Gordon Ramsay’s Chili Con Carne Recipe
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 3 Toamtoes (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Red Chilli (deseeded)
- 2 sprigs Thyme (leaves chopped)
- 400 g Kidney Beans (drained, rinsed)
- 400 g Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and add the beef to it. Cook the beef until it turns brown.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onions, thyme, and red chili to it and cook for about 2-3 minutes
- Add the cooked beef to this saucepan. Also, add cumin, oregano, and paprika. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes
- After that, add the fresh and canned tomatoes to it and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, add the puree and the stock to it. Also, add the cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Bring this mixture to a boil and let it cook on low heat until thick.
- Lastly, add kidney beans, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Your chili con carne is ready to serve.