‘A good cook wastes nothing’ instead makes the best use of the available ingredients. Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh is the perfect representation of this proverb. He incorporates new flavors, which adds a buzz to all his recipes.
These chicken thighs are extremely easy to make, juicy, and flavorful. It is if you want an easy, hands-off, umami chicken thigh recipe.
To make Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh at home, marinate chicken thighs in a soy sauce mixture for at least two hours. Meanwhile, cook the spices and veggies in a wok.
Add marinated thighs with marination sauce to the wok and let it cook for half an hour. Garnish it with spring onions and serve.
The key to making chicken or meat is ensuring it’s at room temperature. In this way, the muscle fiber will be smooth and soft.
Also, the extra cooking time will be saved. Before you begin, marinate the chicken in subtle flavors. The astonishing juicy flavor comes from marination.
These thighs are typically more affordable than chicken breasts. To make it tastier, I will share jaw-dropping techniques for this recipe. Stay with me and follow the instructions mentioned below.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan
- Gordon Ramsay Stuffed Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Chicken Wings
- Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Breast
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay Carbonara
- Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Duck A L’ Orange
- Gordon Ramsay Chicken And Mushroom Pie
How Are Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh Different From The Regular Chicken Thigh?
Below are the key points that can differentiate between Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh with the regular chicken thigh:
- Seasoning – Gordon Ramsay is known for his bold and creative flavors, so he uses unique seasoning blends and techniques to elevate the taste of chicken thighs. It includes marinating the chicken thighs in a special mixture of herbs, spices, and other flavorings to impart a distinctive taste.
- Cooking Technique – Gordon Ramsay sears the chicken thighs in a hot pan to create a crispy skin or roasts them in the oven at a specific temperature for a certain amount of time to achieve a tender and juicy interior.
- Presentation – Gordon Ramsay pays attention to detail and presentation, so he has a unique way of arranging or plating the chicken thighs to make them visually appealing. It involves garnishing with fresh herbs, drizzling with sauces, or using other artistic techniques to enhance the overall aesthetic of the dish.
- Ingredients – Gordon Ramsay uses higher quality or speciality ingredients in his chicken thighs dishes, such as organic, free-range, or locally sourced chicken thighs, as well as premium herbs, spices, and other ingredients to add depth of flavor.
- Creativity – Gordon Ramsay is known for his culinary creativity and innovation, so he develops unique twists or variations on traditional chicken thigh recipes to make them stand out. It includes incorporating unconventional ingredients, experimenting with different cooking methods, or adding his personal touch to create a signature dish.
It’s important to note that without specific knowledge of Gordon Ramsay’s recipe or cooking methods, any differences in his chicken thigh dish would be purely speculative.
It would be best to refer to one of his official recipes or cooking demonstrations to understand how Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh may differ from regular chicken thigh.
What Are The Tips To Make The Best Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thighs?
Sure! Here are some tips to make the best Gordon Ramsay-style chicken thighs:
- Use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs to help retain moisture and flavor in the chicken, resulting in juicy and flavorful chicken thighs. The bone also adds depth of flavor to the dish.
- Use a combination of salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs and spices to season the chicken thigh. Allow the seasoning to penetrate the meat by seasoning at least half an hour before cooking, preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet or pan with some oil over medium-high heat and sear the chicken thighs, skin side down, until the skin is golden brown and crispy. It helps to lock in the juices and create a delicious crust.
- Add butter, crushed garlic, and fresh thyme or rosemary to the pan with the chicken thighs. Tilt the pan slightly and use a spoon to continuously baste the chicken with the melted butter and aromatics for added flavor and moisture.
- Transfer the pan with the seared chicken thighs to a preheated oven and bake at 375°F (190°C) until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), about 20 to 25 minutes. It ensures the chicken is cooked without overcooking and drying out the meat.
- Once the chicken thighs are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. It allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more succulent and tender chicken.
- You can deglaze the pan with some chicken stock or white wine and reduce it to make a simple sauce to drizzle over the chicken thighs before serving. It adds an extra layer of flavor.
- When serving, you can garnish the chicken thighs with freshly chopped herbs, such as parsley or chives, for a pop of color and freshness.
These tips will help you create delicious, juicy, and flavorful Gordon Ramsay-style chicken thighs that will impress you! Enjoy your meal!
Which Chicken Thigh Is Best For Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh Recipe?
For Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh, it is recommended to use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs. The bone-in thighs help retain moisture and flavor, while the skin crisps up beautifully during cooking, adding delicious flavor and texture to the dish.
The bone-in chicken thighs also provide more depth of flavor to the dish as they release their natural juices during cooking, resulting in juicier and more flavorful chicken thighs.
The bone also helps to distribute heat more evenly during cooking, which can help prevent overcooking and drying out of the meat.
The skin on the chicken thighs adds an extra layer of flavor and provides a crispy texture when seared and cooked, a hallmark of Gordon Ramsay-style chicken thighs.
The rendered chicken fat from the skin also helps to baste the meat as it cooks, keeping it moist and flavorful. While you can certainly use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or other cuts of chicken for this recipe.
However, using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs is recommended for the best results in achieving the juicy, flavorful, and crispy texture that is characteristic of Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh recipe.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Meat For Chicken Thigh Recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of meat in a recipe for chicken thighs. While the taste and texture may differ from using chicken thighs, you can experiment with other meats to suit your preferences or dietary restrictions. Here are some suggestions:
- Turkey Thighs – Turkey thighs are similar in size and texture to chicken thighs and can be used as a substitute in most recipes. They are a leaner option than chicken thighs, so you may need to adjust cooking times to avoid overcooking.
- Duck Legs – Duck legs have rich, tender meat that can work well in recipes that call for chicken thighs, especially those with a bold or sweet flavor profile. Remember that duck legs can be higher in fat than chicken thighs, so you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly.
- Pork Shoulder – Pork shoulder, also known as pork butt, can be used as a substitute for chicken thighs in recipes that require slow cooking or braising. Pork shoulder is a flavorful and fatty cut of meat that can result in tender and juicy results when cooked low and slow.
- Beef Short Ribs – Beef short ribs can be used in recipes that call for chicken thighs if you want a heartier and beefier flavor. Beef short ribs are a tougher cut of meat that requires longer cooking times, such as braising or slow cooking, to become tender and flavorful.
- Plant-Based Alternatives – If you’re looking for a meatless option, you can use plant-based alternatives such as seitan, tofu, or tempeh in recipes that call for chicken thighs. These plant-based proteins can be marinated or seasoned to mimic the flavors of chicken thighs and can work well in stir-fries, curries, or other dishes.
When substituting different types of meat, it’s important to consider the flavor, texture, and cooking characteristics of the meat you’re using and make appropriate adjustments to the recipe as needed.
Always follow safe cooking practices and ensure the meat is cooked to the appropriate internal temperature for food safety.
What Makes My Chicken Thighs Tough?
If your chicken thighs become brutal, it may be due to overcooking, lack of moisture, or not marinating or seasoning the meat before cooking.
Overcooking chicken thighs results in dry and tough meat, so it’s essential to cook them to an approximate temperature of 165°F (74°C) and not beyond.
Chicken thighs have a higher fat content, but the meat can dry and tough if cooked without enough moisture or over high heat.
Marinating or seasoning the chicken thighs before cooking tenderizes the chicken and infuse flavors. Letting the chicken rest for a few minutes after cooking is also necessary to allow the juices to redistribute and moisten the meat.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh?
- Wok – Saute the veggies and cook the chicken thighs in a wok.
- Bowl – Marinate the chicken and mix it well with the spices and sauces in a bowl.
- Knife – To chop the veggies finely is a knife’s job.
- Spatula – To mix the veggies, use a spatula.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||2 Hours||35 Minutes||2 Hour 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh?
- Chicken Thighs – Take five to six cuts of chicken thighs. It is an affordable filling option with a ton of variety.
- Soy Sauce – Use a tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce. It is a savory sauce with salty and umami flavors.
- Shaoxing Wine- It is an amazing cooking rice wine made from fermented rice. It adds depth to the flavors. A teaspoon would do the magic.
- Rice Vinegar – A teaspoon of rice vinegar will add a sour and musty flavor to the marination.
- Sesame Oil – Light sesame oil with fresh garlic and ginger is perfect. It adds a toasted sesame aroma.
- Orange Zest – It brings a citrusy, tangy flavor to the recipes. Moreover, it gives an extra boost to existing flavors.
- Spring Onions – Add spring onions to the sauce and garnish the chicken thighs with it.
- Garlic – Use 4 chopped cloves of garlic when deep frying the chicken. It adds a spicy and sweet buttery flavor, which surprises many first-time eaters.
- Ginger – Well, ginger has a warm, spicy and peppery taste. It also adds great nutritional value to the entire recipe.
- Red Peppers – Chop the peppers and take the small pods out for spiciness.
- Sichuan Peppercorn – It is less spicy in comparison to a black peppercorn. It carries a hint of acid sweetness. The freshly ground Sichuan pepper tastes superior to powdered ones.
- Salt – Add salt to the marination and veggies.
- Pepper – Add pepper in the marination as well as in the veggies.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh
Step 1- Take a bowl and add six pieces of chicken thighs to it. Now pour one tablespoon each of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and Shaoxing wine over the thighs. Mix everything well until combined.
Step 2- Now, freshly grate orange zest over the thigh mixture. Let the chicken thighs marinate for at least two hours.
Step 3- Meanwhile, heat a wok and add a tablespoon of sesame oil. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic and one sprig of chopped spring onion. Mix in one tablespoon each of red peppers and Sichuan peppercorns. Stir everything and cook until aromatic and translucent.
Step 4- Now, it’s time to add marinated chicken thighs to the wok. Coat each piece of thighs well and add in the remaining marination. Let the thighs cook for about half an hour in the sauce.
Step 5- Season it with salt and black pepper as per your taste, and mix it well until fully incorporated. Garnish your chicken thighs with spring onions and serve.
What To Eat With Chicken Thighs?
Chicken thighs can be paired with a variety of sides and dishes. Here are some ideas:
- Roasted Vegetables – Roasted vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, or sweet potatoes are a delicious and healthy option to serve alongside chicken thighs.
- Salad – A fresh salad with mixed greens, vegetables, and a light dressing can be refreshing and satisfying to serve with chicken thighs.
- Rice Or Quinoa – Serve chicken thighs with fluffy rice or quinoa for a simple and filling meal.
- Mashed Potatoes – Creamy mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs well with chicken thighs.
- Grilled Corn – Grilled corn on the cob is a tasty and easy side dish that adds a touch of sweetness to a meal with chicken thighs.
- Pasta Salad – A pasta salad with veggies, cheese, and a vinaigrette dressing can be a flavorful and colorful side dish.
- Steamed Vegetables – Steamed vegetables such as green beans or broccoli are a simple and healthy side dish to serve with chicken thighs.
Ultimately, the side dishes that pair well with chicken thighs will depend on personal preferences and the flavor profile of the chicken dish itself.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh Look And Taste Like?
A good cook knows that fat is flavor. Yet, it is another reason why thighs are superior to breasts. Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh recipe is pungently spicy. This exceptionally Juicy and tangy flavored chicken thigh is a perfect winner dinner.
The marination brings out thick and tender flavors to the sauce which does most of the work for you.
Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 6 portions Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing Wine
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Saseame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Orange Zest
- 1 sprig Spring Onions
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (grated or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Red Peppers (hollowed)
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan Peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- Take a bowl and add six pieces of chicken thighs to it. Now pour one tablespoon each of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and Shaoxing wine over the thighs. Mix everything well until combined.
- Now, freshly grate orange zest over the thigh mixture. Let the chicken thighs marinate for at least two hours.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok and add a tablespoon of sesame oil. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic and one sprig of chopped spring onion. Mix in one tablespoon each of red peppers and Sichuan peppercorns. Stir everything and cook until aromatic and translucent.
- Now, it's time to add marinated chicken thighs to the wok. Coat each piece of thighs well and add in the remaining marination. Let the thighs cook for about half an hour in the sauce.
- Season it with salt and black pepper as per your taste, and mix it well until fully incorporated. Garnish your chicken thighs with spring onions and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What herbs and spices can I use to season the chicken thighs?
You can use a variety of herbs and spices to season the chicken thighs according to your preference. Some common options include salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried oregano, and dried basil. Feel free to experiment and adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While it’s best to serve the chicken thighs immediately after cooking for the best flavor and texture, you can make some preparations ahead of time. You can season the chicken thighs and store them in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to allow the flavors to meld. You can also pre-sear the chicken thighs and refrigerate them, then finish them in the oven just before serving. However, keep in mind that chicken is best when freshly cooked.
Can I use a different cooking method, such as grilling or broiling, for this recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with different cooking methods based on your preference. Grilling or broiling the chicken thighs can also yield delicious results. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly, and keep an eye on the chicken to prevent overcooking or drying out.
What can I serve with Gordon Ramsay-style chicken thighs?
Gordon Ramsay chicken thigh can be served with a variety of side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, creamy polenta, steamed green beans, or a fresh salad. You can also pair them with a sauce made from the pan drippings or a simple gravy for added flavor. The choice of side dishes depends on your personal taste and preference.
Hope you like this cinch chicken thigh recipe!! Let me know what’s your favorite way to cook chicken thighs. Let me know in the comment section below!!
1 thought on “Authentic Gordon Ramsay Chicken Thigh Recipe”
Very delicious 😋