Have you ever tried Gordon Ramsay’s famous recipe for chicken parmesan? It is one of the most loved and popular recipes, made with perfection. If you, too, want to try your hand at this recipe, then read more to know more.
Season the chicken breasts with salt, flour, pepper, and eggs to make Gordon Ramsay chicken parmesan. Mix it with panko breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and paprika.
Fry each slice of the cutlet in a pan until brown. Spoon some sauce and finish with grated parmesan cheese.
Taste your seasoned breadcrumbs before using them to dredge the chicken. If they are very bland, you can add more salt, pepper, or Italian seasonings to amp up the flavor.
Remember: the breadcrumbs should taste a little too salty and flavorful on their own because the flavor will be diluted on the chicken breasts.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to make Gordon Ramsay parmesan chicken at home. Try this amazing recipe and rate the recipe below.
Also, look at the video provided below in the recipe card. Save it for later t enjoy this snack on special occasions. But before getting the instructions, check out our other Gordon Ramsay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Wellington
- Gordon Ramsay Hamburger
- Gordon Ramsay Belly of Pork
- Gordon Ramsay Rocket Mushroom And Bacon Quiche
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Vegetarian Lasagna
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Pizza Dough
What Is The Difference Between Chicken Parmesan And Chicken Parmigiana?
Chicken parmesan and chicken parmigiana are two popular Italian-American dishes that are similar in many ways but also have some differences.
Chicken parmesan, also known as chicken parm, is made with breaded chicken cutlets, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese and is typically served over spaghetti.
- The chicken is usually breaded with a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings and then fried until crispy. The tomato sauce is generally made with tomatoes, garlic, and herbs and is often used to top the chicken cutlets before adding the mozzarella cheese.
- On the other hand, chicken parmigiana is made with thinly sliced chicken breast that is breaded and fried until crispy. It is then topped with tomato sauce and a blend of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses before being baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly. The dish may include other ingredients like prosciutto, eggplant, or peppers.
- One of the main differences between the two dishes is the cut of the chicken used. Chicken parmesan uses chicken cutlets, usually smaller and thinner than chicken breasts.
- On the other hand, chicken parmigiana uses thinly sliced chicken breast, often pounded, to make it even thinner.
- Another difference is the cooking method. Chicken parmesan is typically fried, while chicken parmigiana is usually baked in the oven. It gives chicken parmigiana a slightly different texture and flavor than chicken parmesan.
Overall, both dishes are delicious and popular Italian-American classics that many love. Whether you prefer chicken parmesan or chicken parmigiana, they are both great options for a comforting and satisfying meal.
What Are The Tips To Make The Best Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan?
Gordon Ramsay is a famous chef known for his culinary expertise and exceptional cooking skills. If you’re looking to make the best Gordon Ramsay chicken parmesan, here are some tips that can help you:
- Use High-Quality Chicken Breasts – For the best flavor and texture; it’s important to use them. Look for chicken breasts that are fresh, plump, and have no signs of discoloration or odor.
- Pound The Chicken Breasts – To ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and stays tender, it’s important to pound them to an even thickness. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them to an even thickness.
- Season The Breasts – Season the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper before breading them. It will help enhance the chicken’s flavor and ensure it’s not bland.
- Bread The Chicken – To bread the chicken, dip it in flour, then in beaten eggs, and finally in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Make sure to press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to ensure that they stick well.
- Fry The Chicken – Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chicken until golden brown and crispy. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan, as this can lower the temperature of the oil and cause the chicken to become soggy.
- Make The Tomato Sauce – Make the tomato sauce while the chicken is frying. Heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté some garlic and onions until fragrant. Add canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, and herbs like basil and oregano, and simmer until the sauce is thick and flavorful.
- Top The Chicken With Sauce And Cheese – Once the chicken is cooked, top each piece with some tomato sauce and a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese. Place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve With Spaghetti – Chicken Parmesan is traditionally served over spaghetti, so cook some spaghetti according to the package instructions and toss it with some tomato sauce before serving.
So, to make the best dish, follow these tips, and you will surely have a delicious and satisfying meal that will impress your family and friends.
Why Use Flattened Chicken Breasts For Chicken Parmesan?
Flattening chicken breasts is an important step in making chicken parmesan for a few reasons.
- First, thick chicken breasts are difficult to cook. Flattening the chicken breasts to a uniform thickness helps to ensure that they cook evenly and don’t dry out. It is particularly important when you are breading and frying the chicken, as you want the chicken to be crispy and golden brown on the outside and moist and tender on the inside.
- Second, flattening the chicken breasts also helps to tenderize the meat. By pounding the chicken breasts, you break down the meat’s connective tissue and fibers, making it more tender and easier to chew.
- Finally, flattened chicken breasts cook more quickly than thicker ones, which can be a time saver when making chicken parmesan. It is particularly important if you are cooking for a large group of people or if you want to get dinner on the table quickly.
So, flattening chicken breasts is an important step in making chicken parmesan. If you skip this step, your chicken parmesan may not turn out as well, so it’s worth taking the time to do it right.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan?
- Oven – Bake chicken parmesan for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C until crispy and golden brown.
- Baking Dish – Bake the fried chicken parmesan in a baking dish.
- Saucepan – Fry the coated chicken until crispy and brown in a saucepan. Boil the spaghetti in a pan till al dente.
- Stockpot – Prepare the tomato sauce for topping in a stockpot until thickened.
- Shallow Bowls – Use 3 separate mixing bowls for coating the chicken breasts.
- Knife – Cut chicken breasts into the half with a sharp knife for the recipe.
- Rolling Pin – Flatten the breasts with a rolling pin for the recipe.
- Tong – Fry the coated chicken parmesan from both sides by flipping it with a tong.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan?
For Tomato Sauce
- Olive Oil – Sauté the veggies in olive oil for the sauce.
- Tomatoes – We have used plum tomatoes while making the sauce as they will give a deep red color to the sauce, making it slightly firmer.
- Crushed Tomatoes – Crushed tomatoes will add a much smoother texture and add thickness to the sauce.
- Yellow Onion – Finely chop and sauté the onions to add sweetness to the sauce.
- Garlic Cloves – Sauté crushed Garlic in a pan for a unique and intense flavor.
- Basil Chiffonade – Basil leaves will help balance the sweet and savory flavor of the dish with hints of minty and peppery taste.
For Breading Chicken
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese will aid a gritty texture with a fruity and nutty taste.
- Eggs – The egg is always the second step in breading chicken. The protein in eggs cooks quickly and acts as an agent to keep the breading on the chicken. Plus, when combined with the flour, the egg becomes a gel, making it easier for the breadcrumbs to adhere to the chicken cutlets.
- All-Purpose Flour – The flour coating keeps the food from sticking to the pan while cooking. The coating helps to brown the food and provides a crunchy layer.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – I have used a Japanese breadcrumb, which is dryer than regular breadcrumbs. They absorb less oil producing a crispy and crunchier crumb!
- Parsley – Parsley will add a peppery taste with a touch of earthiness to the breading mixture.
- Paprika – Paprika will give the chicken a spicy kick.
- Kosher Salt – Salt will help enhance the dish’s natural flavor.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper powder will give a rich, hearty, and indulgent flavor.
For Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Breasts – Flatten the breasts slightly with a meat mallet or rolling pin for quick and even cooking.
- Avocado Oil – I have used avocado oil for frying the coated chicken breasts as it has a high smoking point.
- Tomato Sauce – Top fried chicken breasts in the prepared sauce for umami flavors.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grate parmesan cheese over fried breasts for a nutty cheese bite.
- Spaghetti – The classic, long, thin, cylindrical tubes you know and love. Spaghetti is thick enough, so it doesn’t get lost in that hearty family meat sauce recipe, but thin enough to serve with sauce and breasts.
- Olive Oil – Pour olive oil into a fryer to fry the chicken for a crisper bite.
- Salt – Salt will help enhance the spaghetti’s natural flavor.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper powder will give a rich, hearty, and indulgent flavor.
- Parsley – Top your dish with chopped parsley for a clean and peppery taste with a touch of earthiness.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan
Step 1- In a stockpot, add one teaspoon of oil and three minced garlic cloves and sauté it. Add one chopped onions to the pot and sauté it again.
Step 2- Add three fresh chopped tomatoes to this mixture and sauté it.
Step 3- Now add one cup of crushed tomatoes to this mixture. Mix it well until thickened. Add chopped basil and simmer it for 15 minutes.
Step 4- Take two chicken breasts and make a butterfly cut into it. Flatten the breasts by beating it with the help of a rolling pin.
Step 5- Take a separate bowl with 200 grams of panko breadcrumbs and add one teaspoon of paprika. Add one teaspoon each of salt, parmesan cheese, and dried parsley in the same bowl containing breadcrumbs. Mix it well.
Step 6- Apply some flour on the chicken and dip it in whole eggs. Finally coat the chicken with panko breadcrumbs.
Step 7- Heat avocado oil in a saucepan over medium flame. Add the coated chicken to it
Step 8- Fry it until it becomes golden-brown in color.
Step 9- Take a baking dish with tomato sauce in it and transfer the fried chicken into it.
Step 10- Top your fried chicken from both the sides with prepared tomato sauce.
Step 11- Grate it with some parmesan cheese.
Step 12- Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C.
Step 13- In the meantime, boil some spaghetti till al dente.
Step 14- Put your spaghetti in a pan with some salt and pepper for taste. Cook it for sometime before serving it with chicken parmesan.
Step 15- Take your chicken parmesan out from the oven and garnish with chopped basil and parsley. Apply some tomato sauce and serve it with prepared spaghetti.
|Vitamin A||3194 iu|
|Vitamin C||51 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan Look And Taste Like?
The Gordon Ramsay chicken parmesan perfectly combines crispy breaded chicken, rich cheesy goodness, and tangy tomato sauce.
It is prepared with breaded, fried, and tender chicken breasts slathered with tomato sauce and gooey parmesan cheese; this is the best chicken parmesan recipe ever. Now, this is classic comfort food perfection!
How To Store Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan?
Properly storing leftover Gordon Ramsay chicken parmesan is important to maintain its quality and ensure it stays safe to eat. Here’s how to keep it:
- Let the chicken parmesan cool down to room temperature. Putting hot food in the fridge can cause the temperature to rise, leading to bacterial growth.
- Store the chicken parmesan in an airtight container. Place the chicken parmesan in a container with a tight-fitting lid to prevent air and moisture from getting in. Alternatively, you can wrap the chicken parmesan in plastic or aluminum foil.
- Store the chicken parmesan in the fridge. It should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature of 40°F (4°C) or below. It’s best to store it on the bottom shelf, where it’s coldest.
- Reheat the chicken parmesan properly. Reheat the chicken parmesan in the oven or microwave until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to kill any bacteria that may have grown.
- Use the chicken parmesan within 3-4 days. Cooked chicken parmesan should be consumed within 3-4 days of cooking. If you have any doubts about the safety or quality of the chicken parmesan, it’s best to throw it out.
Gordon Ramsay Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Baking Dish
- Shallow Bowls
- Rolling Pin
For Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 6 Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cans Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ Yellow onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons Basil chiffonade
For Breading Chicken
- 4 ounces Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Japanese Panko Breadcrumps
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper (cracked)
For Chicken Parmesan
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ tablespoon Avocado Oil (For Frying)
- 1-2 spoons Tomato Sauce
- 2 ounces Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a stockpot, add one teaspoon of oil and three minced garlic cloves and sauté it. Add one chopped onions to the pot and sauté it again.
- Add three fresh chopped tomatoes to this mixture and sauté it.
- Now add one cup of crushed tomatoes to this mixture. Mix it well until thickened. Add chopped basil and simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Take two chicken breasts and make a butterfly cut into it. Flatten the breasts by beating it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Take a separate bowl with 200 grams of panko breadcrumbs and add one teaspoon of paprika. Add one teaspoon each of salt, parmesan cheese, and dried parsley in the same bowl containing breadcrumbs. Mix it well.
- Apply some flour on the chicken and dip it in whole eggs. Finally coat the chicken with panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat avocado oil in a saucepan over medium flame. Add the coated chicken to it
- Fry it until it becomes golden-brown in color.
- Take a baking dish with the tomato sauce in it and transfer the fried chicken in it.
- Top your fried chicken from both the sides with prepared tomato sauce.
- Grate it with some parmesan cheese.
- Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 degree C.
- In the meantime, boil some spaghetti till al dente.
- Put your spaghetti in a pan with some salt and pepper for taste. Cook it for sometime before serving it with chicken parmesan.
- Take your chicken parmesan out from the oven and garnish with chopped basil and parsley. Apply some tomato sauce and serve it with prepared spaghetti.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can chicken parmesan be made ahead?
You can saute the breaded chicken, arrange in a casserole dish and top with marinara and cheese, then cover and refrigerate. Bake before serving, but be sure to bake a few minutes longer since you are baking chilled chicken. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with an instant-read thermometer to ensure that it bakes to a safe 165˚F.
What does chicken parmesan taste like?
Chicken parmigiana encompasses everything we love about Italian food in one bite—the chicken’s juicy interior, the crisp coating of the fried breadcrumbs on the meat’s exterior, the bright and slightly sweet flavor of the rich tomato sauce, and the silky texture of the mozzarella, slightly browned under a broiler.
Why is it called chicken parmesan?
It is traditional of Milan. Although Parmigiana (chicken/veal/eggplant) usually uses at least some Parmesan cheese, they are both named for the city of Parma.
What is Parmesan chicken made of?
Chicken parmesan, or chicken parmigiana (Italian: pollo alla parmigiana), is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese. A quantity of ham or bacon is sometimes added.
Oven baked and fried chicken parmesan is simple to make and worth every minute! If you love a crispy crumb coating vs a soggy crumb, look no further! The best you will ever make!