Did you see Rachel describing the cheesecake in F.R.I.E.N.D.S.? “It has a buttery, crumbly crust with rich yet light cream cheese filling”. This reminds me of Gordon Ramsay’s cheesecake in a jar. Have you tried it? Even if you’re not much of a sweet tooth, you’ll be tempted to gobble it all. It’s a perfect dessert for every meal.
Do you wanna share your cheesecake? I guessed it right, so you better jar it up! Gordon Ramsay’s cheesecake in a jar has a cream cheese filling flavored with coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon juice. Fun fact! You don’t need to bake this cake and it contains no egg. Also, you can use your choice of berries for the topping.
Wanna try Gordon Ramsay’s cheesecake in a jar? This cake can stay fresh for almost 3 days in the refrigerator. But! I’m sure it won’t last for long once you take a bite (make sure you protect your jar from dessert stealers).
If you don’t have Greek yogurt, here a few Greek yogurt substitutes in baking that you can use. So, read the lists of equipment and ingredients below. Try this recipe now and enjoy your meal. You can also refer to some other Gordon Ramsay recipes with just one click.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Focaccia
- Gordon Ramsay Bacon Jam Toast
- Gordon Ramsay New York Cheesecake
- Gordon Ramsay Potato-Crusted Sea Bass With Minestrones And Clams
- Gordon Ramsay Lamb Kofta
- Gordon Ramsay Bangers And Mash
- Gordon Ramsay Crispy Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Belly
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Carrot Cake Macaroons
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar?
- Food Processor – Use a food processor to blend and mix all the ingredients smoothly.
- Jam Jars – Use jam jars for the cake. Do not use mason jars or kerr canning jars for the cake.
- Mixing Bowl – Use a mixing bowl to mix the ingredients of the base or the cream cheese filling.
- Wooden Spoon – Use a wooden spoon to avoid scratching the jars. Also, the wooden spoon does not react with the acid present in the food.
- Spatula – Use a wooden spatula to mix the ingredients in the bowl.
- Frying pan – Use a frying pan to toast the almonds.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar?
|Preparation Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar?
Gather all the ingredients listed below to make Gordon Ramsay’s cheesecake in a jar.
- Almonds- Almonds give a slightly nutty flavor to the base of the cheesecake.
- Coconut oil- Coconut oil makes softer crumbs of the base. It’s the best substitute for butter and oil in baking. Also, it adds coconut flavor to the cake.
- Coconut sugar or golden caster sugar- Coconut sugar is a better plant-based sweetener for the cake. You can substitute coconut sugar with golden caster sugar. It has more caramel flavors and is best for sponge cakes.
- Cream cheese- Cream cheese is the major ingredient of this recipe. The cream cheese gives a sweet and cheese-like taste to the cake. It has a soft and creamy texture.
- Greek yogurt- Greek yogurt is a thick cream with a tangy flavor. The velvety texture goes well with desserts.
- Coconut sugar- It is the best plant-based sweetener for the cake. It also gives a mild coconut flavor to the cream.
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice gives a mild acidic taste in the cream filling. The acid in the lemon thickens the texture of the cream cheese.
- Vanilla extract- Add vanilla extract to give vanilla flavor to the cake.
- Frozen blueberries- Use frozen berries for topping. You can use mixed berries for topping on the cake.
- Salt- Add salt to balance the excess sweetness or tartness in the cake.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar
1. Prep the base!
In a saucepan over medium heat, toast a handful of almonds for about 3-4 minutes. Then, let them cool slightly. Pour these almonds into a food processor and blend until they’re finely chopped. Now, add coconut oil, sugar and blend again until they combine.
Divide this mixture into four small jam jars. Press them down to form a firm base. Place these jars into the refrigerator until the base becomes firm.
2. Make cheesecake filling
In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, yogurt, a teaspoon of coconut sugar and beat them together using a wooden spoon. Now, add vanilla extract, maple syrup or honey, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Mix them together to form a smooth cream filling. Stir in half the berries and make sure they don’t break while mixing.
3. Add filling to the jars
Take out the jars from the fridge and add the cream mixture to the jars. Leave a 2cm gap between the filling and the brim of the jar. Top the filling in each jar with the remaining berries.
4. Refrigerate the cake and serve
Return these jars to the refrigerator and let them chill for at least an hour to firm up.
|Saturated Fat||24 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||909 IU|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar Look and Taste?
Finally! Gordon cheesecake in a jar is ready. It’s soft and super creamy. The cream cheese filling is loaded with the flavors of vanilla, berries, lemon juice, and greek yogurt. It has a crispy, crumbly almond base. These sweet bites are tempting and irresistible.
Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar Recipe
- Jam Jars
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- Frying Pan
- 7 ounces Almonds (skin on)
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Sugar (or Goldern Caster Sugar)
- 8.8 ounces Cream Cheese (low fat)
- 10.5 ounces Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Sugar or Maple Syrup or Honey (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 7 ounces Frozen Blueberries (defrosted)
- Pinch of Salt
- In a frying pan, toast the almonds over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Toast them until they smell slightly nutty and then let them cook for few minutes.
- Add these almonds to a food processor and blend until they're finely chopped. Now, add sugar and coconut oil to it and blend until combined.
- Add this mixture to four jam jars. Slightly press this mixture to form a firm base and transfer these jars to the refrigerator.
- Now, pour cream cheese and Greek yogurt into a mixing bowl. Add coconut sugar and beat them together using a wooden spoon. Add maple syrup or honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix them all together to form the cream cheese filling for the cake.
- Stir in the blueberries. Take out the jars from the refrigerator and pour the cream cheese filling into the jars. Keep a 2cm gap between the filling and the brim f the jars. Now, add the remaining berries for topping. Return these jars to the refrigerator and chill them for about an hour.
1 thought on “How To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Cheesecake In A Jar At Home”
It looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.