Gordon Ramsay’s carbonara is a satiating pasta meal. This pasta dish has simple ingredients that you might find in a small trip to your pantry. He uses Parmesan and I say you do the same. The recipe has everything a good dish should have; vegetables, cream, bacon, cheese, and pasta.
Gordon Ramsay showed the recipe tutorial in a video on his YouTube channel. The video was pure chaos, but the carbonara came out beautiful. I say you take your time and don’t run around the kitchen in a panic. You need to cook the vegetables and bacon first.
Then, add the cooked pasta and pour the egg and cheese mixture over it. All you need is three simple steps and you’ll have delicious and creamy carbonara on a plate.
You can use milk in the egg mixture, but Ramsay adds Crème Fraiche. This makes the pasta creamier and smooth. The reason is that the eggs cook fast and curdle.
So, you don’t get a creamy consistency in the pasta as you want. Add the egg mixture at the end for the creamy effect.
Let me tell you the whole recipe so you can enjoy this carbonara at home. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Tacos
- Gordon Ramsay Sausage Spaghetti
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Pasta
- Gordon Ramsay Apple Pie
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Turkey
- Gordon Ramsay Shrimp Scampi
- Gordon Ramsay Bangers And Mash
- Gordon Ramsay Braised Red Cabbage
- Gordon Ramsay Dauphinoise
- Gordon Ramsay Frittata
What Are The Tips To Make Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
- Cook the bacon chunks until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Prepare the cream sauce for carbonara over medium heat.
- Ramsay suggests adding a few tablespoons of liquid to the sauce mixture.
- Garnish the homemade Ramsay’s carbonara with freshly chopped parsley.
What Is The Golden Rule Of Cooking Thus Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
To make a perfect carbonara, all you need to do is follow some simple steps. Check out the bullet points below.
- Pasta – The first important thing is to choose the spaghetti pasta and cook al Dante. I recommend you choose a good quality dried pasta to elevate the flavors of Gordon Ramsay carbonara.
- Eggs – Simplify your homemade carbonara by adding one full egg and one egg yolk.
- Bacon – Cook the bacon until it is crisped to a golden brown.
- Cheese Sauce – Amp up your carbonara with creamy cheese sauce. The cheese sauce added to the carbonara is prepared with eggs, sharp cheese, and guanciale.
What Is Kind Of Pasta Good For Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
The traditional carbonara is prepared by using spaghetti pasta or tube-like rigatoni. Both options are delectable and hold the sauces perfectly. You can try any other pasta to prepare homemade Gordon Ramsay carbonara. The choice is yours.
Is It Important To Add The Cream To This Carbonara?
The cream added to the carbonara ensures the thick and desirable consistency of the sauce. Generally, the cream added to the carbonara is prepared from eggs, sharp cheese, or guanciale.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
- Pot – Fill the pot with water and boil the pasta in it.
- Non-Stick Pan – The pan is what you’ll need to cook the bacon and vegetables in. The pasta is added to it as well.
- Mixing Bowl – The mixing bowl makes the egg yolk, cheese, and cream mixture.
- Colander – You’ll need the colander to drain the spaghetti.
- Wooden Flat Spoon – Stir in the spices to the carbonara with a wooden spoon.
- Kitchen Tongs – The tongs will help you cook and toss the pasta evenly.
- Knife – You have to chop some things and thinly slice some. Use the knife for all that.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
- Spaghetti – Add the long strands of pasta to your delicious creamy sauce and crispy vegetables and watch the magic unfold with every strand.
- Bacon – Bacon pieces add a delicious fat flavor and the crispy bits are very welcome. You can use pancetta if you want.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms also have a great taste for the pasta and add flavor to the pasta.
- Peas – Peas are added to the vegetable and meat base of the pasta and add taste and volume to the pasta.
- Garlic – Garlic enhances the flavor and adds a strong aroma to the pasta. This goes great with the creamy egg yolk mixture.
- Chili – A small amount of chili adds a bit of hotness to the pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese – Carbonara is incomplete without cheese. Add it to the sauce and use some for the garnishing of the pasta as well.
- Egg Yolks – The egg yolks constitute the main part of the creamy sauce and add taste and depth to the pasta.
- Crème Fraiche – This makes the sauce creamy. You can milk or cream instead if you want.
- Parsley – A little parsley to add a bit of herby flavor to the pasta.
- Olive Oil – A touch of olive oil is used for frying bacon and vegetables.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the carbonara with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Carbonara
Step 1– Fill a pot with water and add a bit of salt to it. Bring it to a boil and add the pasta to it. Cook the pasta al dente. Drain the water, reserving some pasta water for later.
Step 2- Separate egg yolks and add them to a bowl.
Step 3- After that, heat the oil in a non-stick pot and add the bacon pieces to it. Add some pepper and garlic to it and saute for a few seconds.
Step 4- Then add mushroom and chili to it. Cook the mixture until the bacon becomes crispy and the mushroom changes color.
Step 5- When the mixture is about to cook, add 3 tablespoons of pasta water to it.
Step 6- Add the drained pasta to the pan and stir. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta and cook while stirring on low heat. Cook for half a minute and sprinkle the parsley over it.
Step 7- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and garnish with some grated parmesan. Your delicious and creamy Gordon Ramsay-style carbonara is ready.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.5 g|
What Can You Pair With Gordon Ramsay Carbonara?
Check out some amazing options to pair up the carbonara below.
- Salad – Try an assortment of salads to mingle up the carbonara. It brings out green, refreshing, and delectable flavors.
- Balsamic Bruschetta – The bread with flavorful toppings is called a bruschetta. You can amp up the flavors of carbonara by pairing it with balsamic bruschetta.
- Sauces – If you wish to add a spicy kick to the carbonara, try dressing it with some rich, creamy, and velvety sauces.
- Sauteed Veggies – The sauteed veggies also go well with the creamy and versatile carbonara. It not only satiates your hunger but also fulfills nutritional needs.
How Will Gordon Ramsay Carbonara Look And Taste Like?
The pasta looks absolutely beautiful. You can see the spaghetti covered with creamy sauce. The bacon, mushrooms, and peas add a little bit of color to the pasta. The pasta tastes as creamy as it looks. You can taste the crispy bacon in every bit. You can also sense the garlic flavor and parsley’s herby flavor.
How To Reheat The Carbonara?
To reheat the leftover carbonara, all you can do is let it sit at room temperature first and then put it in the oven to warm up. Make sure you add a few tablespoons of milk or any other liquid. It will keep the carbonara moist and fresh. Cover the baking dish with foil and microwave the carbonara for a few minutes.
Gordon Ramsay Carbonara Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Flat Spoon
- Kitchen Tongs
- 125 g Dried Spaghetti
- 80 g Streaky Bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Chili (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (chopped)
- 40 g Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons Crème Fraîche
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Fill a pot with water and add a bit of salt to it. Bring it to a boil and add the pasta to it. Cook the pasta al dente. Drain the water, reserving some pasta water for later.
- Seperate egg yolks and add them in a bowl.
- After that, heat the oil in a non-stick pot and add the bacon pieces to it. Add some pepper and garlic to it and saute for a few seconds.
- Then, add mushroom and chili to it. Cook the mixture until the bacon becomes crispy and the mushroom changes color.
- When the mixture is about to cook, add 3 tablespoons of pasta water to it.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and stir. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta and cook while stirring on low heat. Cook for half a minute and sprinkle the parsley over it.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and garnish with some grated parmesan. Your delicious and creamy Gordon Ramsay-style carbonara is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is carbonara sauce made of?
The carbonara sauce is made of pancetta, bacon, eggs, Parmesan, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
How do you stop egg scrambling in carbonara?
Remove the pan from the heat and toss the pasta steadily.
Do you put egg white in carbonara?
By adding eggs to the carbonara, you can achieve the desired creamy texture. Enough egg whites will bring the best texture of the pasta.
Why is my carbonara watery?
Pasta carbonara can come out runny when the sauce is undercooked.
Try preparing carbonara at home with the recipe instructions given in the above article. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.