Gordon Ramsay’s carbonara is a satiating meal. This pasta dish has simple ingredients that you might find in a small trip to your pantry. He uses Parmesan and I say you do the same. The recipe has everything a good dish should have; vegetables, cream, bacon, cheese, and pasta.
Gordon Ramsay showed the recipe tutorial in a video on his YouTube channel. The video was pure chaos, but the carbonara came out beautiful. I say you take your time and don’t run around the kitchen in a panic. You need to cook the vegetables and bacon first.
Then, add the cooked pasta and lastly pour the egg and cheese mixture over it. All you need is three simple steps and you’ll have delicious and creamy carbonara on a plate. You can use milk in the egg mixture, but Ramsay adds Crème Fraiche. This makes the pasta creamier and smooth.
The reason being that the eggs cook fast and curdle. So, you don’t get a creamy consistency in the pasta as you want. Add the egg mixture at the end for the creamy effect. Let me tell you the whole recipe so you can enjoy this carbonara at home. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Sausage Spaghetti – Gordon Ramsay’s sausage spaghetti is creamy, spicy and loaded with meat. This delicious pasta has chili and pepper for hotness but is balanced out by the cream. This is the recipe for a great dinner.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Mushroom Pasta – Gordon Ramsay’s mushroom pasta is an unusual recipe. He uses lasagna sheets that make the pasta delicious and satisfying. The creamy pasta is served with crunchy garlic bruschetta.
4.Gordon Ramsay’s Apple Pie – Gordon Ramsay’s apple pie is a delicious dessert with a golden and flaky crust and a sweet and spicy apple filling. This pie is so simple to make you can even make it on a weekday.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara?
- Pot – Fill the pot with water and boil the pasta in it.
- Non-Stick Pan – The pan is what you’ll need to cook the bacon and vegetables in. The pasta is added to it as well.
- Mixing Bowl – The mixing bowl is used to make the egg yolk, cheese, and cream mixture.
- Colander – You’ll need the colander to drain the spaghetti.
- Wooden Flat Spoon – Stir in the spices to the carbonara with a wooden spoon.
- Kitchen Tongs – The tongs will help you cook and toss the pasta evenly.
- Knife – You have to chop some things and thinly slice some. Use the knife for all that.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara?
- Spaghetti – Add the long strands of pasta to your delicious creamy sauce and crispy vegetables and watch the magic unfold with every strand.
- Bacon – Bacon pieces add a delicious fat flavor and the crispy bits are very welcome. You can use pancetta if you want.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms also have a great taste for the pasta and add flavor to the pasta.
- Peas – Peas are added to the vegetable and meat base of the pasta and add taste and volume to the pasta.
- Garlic – Garlic enhances the flavor and adds a strong aroma to the pasta. This goes great with the creamy egg yolk mixture.
- Chili – A small amount of chili adds a bit of hotness to the pasta.
- Parmesan Cheese – Carbonara is incomplete without the cheese. Add it to the sauce and use some for the garnishing of the pasta as well.
- Egg Yolks – The egg yolks constitute the main part of the creamy sauce and add taste and depth to the pasta.
- Crème Fraiche – This makes the sauce creamy. You can milk or cream instead if you want.
- Parsley – A little parsley to add a bit of herby flavor to the pasta.
- Olive Oil – A touch of olive oil is used for frying bacon and vegetables.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the carbonara with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara
1. Cook The Spaghetti
Add water to the pot and add a bit of salt to it. Add the spaghetti to the pot and cook al dente for about 7-8 minutes. After that, drain the water, reserving 3-4 tablespoons of the pasta water.
2. Make The Creamy Sauce
Add the egg yolks to the bowl and add the grated parmesan to it. Mix them and then add the Crème Fraîche to it and mix. Add a little bit of cold water to it and mix until it has a liquid consistency. Don’t add hot water as it will curdle the mixture.
3. Time For The Base
Now, heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the bacon pieces to it. Cook them for some time. Then, add the sliced garlic to it. Also, add the mushrooms and chili to it. Cook the mixture until the bacon is crispy and the mushrooms change color. Add the peas and pasta water to it when it is just about to cook.
4. Everything Goes In
Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and some more of the pasta water. Stir and toss everything to mix them. Then, reduce the heat and add the egg yolk mixture to the pan. Cook the mixture for a minute and sprinkle the parsley over the pasta. Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and garnish with grated parmesan.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara Look And Taste Like?
The pasta looks absolutely beautiful. You can see the spaghetti covered with the creamy sauce. The bacon, mushrooms, and peas add a little bit of color to the pasta. The pasta tastes as creamy as it looks. You can taste the crispy bacon in every bit. You can also sense the garlic flavor along with the herby flavor of parsley.
Gordon Ramsay’s Carbonara Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Flat Spoon, Kitchen Tongs and Spoons
- 125 g Dried Spaghetti
- 30 g Frozen Peas
- 80 g Streaky Bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Chili (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley (chopped)
- 40 g Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons Crème Fraîche
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Fill a pot with water and add a bit of salt to it. Bring it to a boil and add the pasta to it. Cook the pasta al dente. Drain the water, reserving some pasta water for later.
- In a bowl, add egg yolks and grated parmesan cheese. Also, add the Crème Fraîche to it and mix. For a smoother consistency, add a teaspoon of cold water and mix.
- After that, heat the oil in a non-stick pot and add the bacon pieces to it. Add some pepper and garlic to it and saute for a few seconds.
- Then, add mushroom and chili to it. Cook the mixture until the bacon becomes crispy and the mushroom changes color.
- When the mixture is about to cook, add the peas and about 3 tablespoons of pasta water to it.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and stir. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta and cook while stirring on low heat. Cook for half a minute and sprinkle the parsley over it.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving plate and garnish with some grated parmesan.
- Your delicious and creamy carbonara is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is carbonara sauce made of?
The carbonara sauce is made of pancetta, bacon, eggs, Parmesan, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
How do you stop egg scrambling in carbonara?
Remove the pan from the heat and toss the pasta steadily.
Do you put egg white in carbonara?
By adding eggs to the carbonara, you can achieve the desired creamy texture. Enough egg whites will bring the best texture of the pasta.
Why is my carbonara watery?
Pasta carbonara can come out runny when the sauce is undercooked.