Gordon Ramsay’s beef short beef is an amazingly delicious recipe. The juicy beef short ribs are roasted to perfection and are served with fried pancetta lardons, mushrooms, and sauce. Make sure you go for a run after that because these ribs are a delicious heart attack on a plate.
The beef short ribs are served with pancetta lardons. Many people wonder how lardons are different from bacon as they both are marbled and enriched with fat. The thing is, bacon is a kind of smoked meat while lardons are salt-cured and dried. You have to cook both, though.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs, season the ribs and fry them until brown. Cook garlic, tomato puree, and wine in a pan. Add this mixture to the roasting tray along with the beef ribs. Cover the tray with foil and cook for 4 hours. Fry the pancetta lardons and mushrooms. Also, reduce the beef juices to make a sauce. Serve the ribs with pancetta lardons, mushrooms, and sauce.
This is just a summary of the entire recipe. Check out the list of required equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions to make the recipe below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Teriyaki Salmon
- Gordon Ramsay Stroganoff
- Gordon Ramsay Duck Al’ Orange
- Gordon Ramsay Meatballs
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Chili Corn Carne
- Gordon Ramsay Beef And Guinness Stew
- Gordon Ramsay Ratatouille
- Gordon Ramsay Roast Duck
- Gordon Ramsay Mushroom Soup
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs?
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to simmer the sauce
- Aluminum Foil – Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil on the top.
- Roasting Tray – For roasting the beef short ribs, use the roasting tray.
- Oven – Place the baking tray in the oven to bake the beef short ribs to perfection.
- Tong – With a help of a tong, flip the beef ribs to cook on both sides.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs?
- Beef Short Ribs – Take half a pound of beef short ribs
- Garlic – Bring out an aromatic blend of flavors by adding garlic cloves to the baking tray.
- Pancetta Lardons – Add pancetta lardon for slight porky flavor on the top of beef ribs.
- Chestnut Mushrooms – Saute the mushrooms with the pancetta lardons.
- Tomato Purée – Take a heaped tablespoon of tomato puree to the sauce.
- Red Wine – Sear the beef short ribs with a splash of red wine.
- Beef Stock – Pour the beef stock for the thick consistency of the sauce.
- Olive Oil – Sear the beef ribs with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Parsley – Garnish the beef ribs with freshly chopped parsley.
- Sea Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the beef ribs with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Beef Short Ribs
1. Sear The Ribs
Take beef short ribs, season them with salt and pepper, and place them with garlic cloves in a roasting pan greased with olive oil. Sear the ribs until they turn brown and are tender to perfection. While searing the beef ribs, add a tablespoon of tomato puree and a splash of red wine. Once it starts simmering, add beef broth and cover it with aluminum foil. Place the baking tray in the oven to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
2. Prepare The Toppings
Thinly slice the pancetta lardons and chestnut mushrooms. Saute them in a pan with olive oil until they are brown and cooked through. Once they are sauteed, place them on top of the beef short ribs.
3. Glaze The Ribs With The Sauce
The sauce can be prepared in a jiffy. Take a saucepan, add roasted garlic juices, and the stock juice. Simmer the sauce for around 5 minutes. Once the sauce is thickened, pour it on the beef ribs and garnish it with fresh parsley. Serve warm and enjoy!
|Saturated Fat||8.5 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs are tender, juicy, and flavorful. Seared to perfection the beef short ribs will taste delightful and give you a jaw-dropping experience. Satiate your cravings and hunger with Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs right away in your kitchen.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- Aluminum Foil
- Roasting Tray
- 6 Beef Short Ribs
- 1 large head of Garlic (cut in half horizontally)
- 150 g Pancetta Lardons
- 250 g Chestnut Mushrooms (trimmed, halved)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Purée
- 1 750ml bottle Red Wine
- 1 litre Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil (for frying)
- ½ cup Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped, to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 170℃.
- Then, take your beef short ribs and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a deep roasting tray, add some oil and place it over the heat. Fry the seasoned ribs in it for about 15 minutes until it is brown from all sides.
- In a pan, add the halved garlic head and the tomato puree and cook them for about 2 minutes. Then, add some wine to the pan to deglaze and scrape. Bring it to a boil and reduce it for 15 minutes.
- Add this wine mixture to the roasting tray. Cover the tray with foil and cook it in the oven for nearly 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, fry the pancetta lardons in a pan for 2 minutes. Then, fry the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes and set them aside.
- Take the roasting tray out of the oven and place the ribs on a plate.
- Now, squeeze the garlic out of its skins and put it in a pan after passing through a sieve. Remove the excess fat from the tray with the help of a spoon. Pour the juices from the roasting tray into a pan after passing through a sieve. Bring it to a boil and reduce it until thick.
- Serve the ribs with the pancetta lardons, mushrooms, and the sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you make Gordon Ramsay’s ribs?
Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs can be prepared by first searing and then baking them to perfection in the oven.
How long do beef ribs take to cook?
Beef short ribs are cooked for an hour. After an hour the ribs are tender and flavorful.
What temperature should I cook ribs in the oven?
Bake the ribs at a low temperature (375°F) for 1 hour or it may take even more time.
Should short ribs be submerged?
There is no need to submerge the short ribs because that will only help to boil the liquid.
Prepare Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs at home with us. Check out the details in the above article. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.