Gordon Ramsay’s beef short beef recipe is time-consuming, but the end product is completely worth it. The juicy beef short ribs are roasted to perfection and are served with fried pancetta lardons, mushrooms, and sauce. Make sure you go for a run after that because these ribs are a delicious heart attack on a plate.
The beef short ribs are served with pancetta lardons. Many people wonder how lardons are different from bacon as they both are marbled and enriched with fat. The thing is, bacon is a kind of smoked meat while lardons are salt-cured and dried. You have to cook both, though. This isn’t related to the recipe, and I am just giving you some extra knowledge.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s beef short ribs, season the ribs and fry them until brown. Cook garlic, tomato puree, and wine in a pan. Add this mixture to the roasting tray along with the beef ribs. Cover the tray with foil and cook for 4 hours. Fry the pancetta lardons and mushrooms. Also, reduce the beef juices to make a sauce. Serve the ribs with pancetta lardons, mushrooms, and sauce.
This is just a summary of the entire recipe. Check all requirements for the recipe below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Teriyaki Salmon– If you are someone who enjoys a good salmon fish, then you must check out the Teriyaki Salmon recipe by Gordon Ramsay.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Roast Duck– Roasting a duck can be tricky. But if you have got the right tips and tricks from the great celebrity chef, there is nothing stopping you from acing this delicacy.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly– Even if you are not a pork savvy chef, there is no harm in starting your journey. With Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Belly recipe id filled with juices making it super moist and tasty.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Short Ribs Recipe
- Aluminum Foil
- Roasting Tray
- 6 Beef Short Ribs
- 1 large head of Garlic (cut in half horizontally)
- 150 g Pancetta Lardons
- 250 g Chestnut Mushrooms (trimmed, halved)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Purée
- 1 750ml bottle Red Wine
- 1 litre Beef Stock
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped, to garnish)
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Start by preheating the oven to 170℃.
- Then, take your beef short ribs and season them with salt and pepper.
- In a deep roasting tray, add some oil and place it over the heat. Fry the seasoned ribs in it for about 15 minutes until it is brown from all sides.
- In a pan, add the halved garlic head and the tomato puree and cook them for about 2 minutes. Then, add some wine to the pan to deglaze and scrape. Bring it to a boil and reduce it for 15 minutes.
- Add this wine mixture to the roasting tray. Cover the tray with foil and cook it in the oven for nearly 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, fry the pancetta lardons in a pan for 2 minutes. Then, fry the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes and set them aside.
- Take the roasting tray out of the oven and place the ribs on a plate.
- Now, squeeze the garlic out of its skins and put it in a pan after passing through a sieve. Remove the excess fat from the tray with the help of a spoon. Pour the juices from the roasting tray into a pan after passing through a sieve. Bring it to a boil and reduce it until thick.
- Serve the ribs with the pancetta lardons, mushrooms, and the sauce.