If you’re a steak freak, there’s a healthier option for you to have beef in your meal. It’s Gordon Ramsay’s beef salad. The tender and juicy slices of steak are served with mixed veggies and spiced up with tangy and fishy salad dressing. This is the healthiest way to cook a steak. Try this once and switching to salad would be much easier and more fun.
Gordon Ramsay’s beef salad is flavored with a Thai-inspired salad dressing. The steak is perfectly cooked with a crispy golden-brown crust. Prefer cutting thick slices of the steak over thin slices. Thin-cut slices of the steak can make them stone-cold. Also, render all the fat to keep the steak tender. Let it melt and add more flavor to the steak. This beef salad looks colorful and brightens up the dinner table every time you serve it.
You can have this Gordon Ramsay recipe for a snappy lunch or dinner salad, for a party or family dinner. You’ll find the lists of the kitchen equipment and the ingredients required for the recipe. Try this now and I’m sure you’ll enjoy making this delicious Gordon Ramsay’s beef salad. Follow the instructions mentioned below and It’ll be as delicious as made by Gordon Ramsay in the video provided in the recipe card. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Carpaccio
- Gordon Ramsay Frittata
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart
- Gordon Ramsay Stir Fry
- Gordon Ramsay Hot Banana
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Yorkshire Pudding
- Gordon Ramsay Focaccia
- Gordon Ramsay Quinoa Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Broccoli Soup
What Equipment Will You Need For Beef Salad?
First off! Gather all the equipment required for this recipe. Read this list and you’ll know the purpose of each of these in the procedure.
- Large Mixing Bowl- You need a large mixing bowl for the salad.
- Saucepan- The saucepan to pan-fry the beef and toast peanuts.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to toast the peanuts, mix the salad in the bowl.
- Spoon- You’ll need a spoon to add and mix the ingredients in the salad dressing.
- Knife- Slice the steak and veggies for salad using a sharp kitchen knife.
- Chopping Tray- Use wooden or a plastic chopping tray to chop veggies or to slice the steak.
- Platter- Place the steak on the platter to let it cool for a few minutes.
- Small Bowl- You can keep chopped or sliced veggies in small bowls before you assemble them into a salad.
- Peeler- Use a hand peeler to peel thin ribbons of carrots.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Beef Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||7 Minutes||22 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Beef Salad?
So, here we go with the list of ingredients. Get ready to make a vibrant and delicious Gordon Ramsay’s beef salad. Make sure you don’t miss any of these ingredients.
- Beef- Beef is the main ingredient of this recipe. Use steak sirloin for this salad.
- Carrots- Thin ribbons of carrots in the salad look presentable and adds more nutrients to the salad.
- Radishes- Thin slices of radish give a zesty and a mild spicy taste to the salad.
- Tomatoes- Use cherry tomatoes in this salad. Cherry tomatoes give a slightly tart and sour taste.
- Shallot- Use banana shallots in this recipe. Banana shallots taste like a combination of onion and garlic. This adds a mildly sweet and spicy flavor to the salad.
- Spring Onions- Spring onions do not add strong flavors but they add aroma to the salad.
- Cucumber- Peel the cucumber and remove all the seeds. Add slices of cucumber to your salad to give a little crunch to every bite of the salad.
- Lettuce- You can use baby gem lettuce for the salad. It’s full of nutrition and can make the salad healthier and tastier.
- Mint Leaves- Mint leaves will give a punch of freshness to the salad. You’ll feel refreshed and energized in every bite.
- Olive Oil- Use olive oil to cook the steak. The oil will sear the steak and render the fat and make the steak tender and juicy.
- Sea Salt- Add sea salt according to your taste to enhance the taste of the salad.
- Peanuts- For finishing add roasted peanuts to the salad. It’ll give a slightly nutty flavor to the salad and add to the nutritional value of the salad.
For Thai-style Dressing
- Garlic- This is the basic seasoning and flavoring agent in the salad dressing.
- Red Chili- Use chopped and deseeded red chili to add heat to the dressing. You can also use the chili with seeds if you want to add more heat to the salad.
- Sugar- If you want to add a mild sweetness to balance the savory flavors of the salad, use palm sugar paste. It’s a delicious and healthier sweetener.
- Lime Juice- Lime juice will add a spark of tartness or acidic flavor to the salad. Also, it’ll dissolve the sugar faster.
- Fish Sauce- The fish sauce is a condiment that adds distinct earthy and savory flavors to the salad. It has a sort of fishiness and flanked salty taste.
Steps To Make Beef Salad Recipe
1. Pan fry the beef
Season the beef with salt and pepper and cook the beef steaks in a saucepan containing olive oil. Sear the beef on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes. Then place it on a platter and drizzle all the juice over the steak. Keep it aside to cool for a few minutes.
2. Prepare the dressing
Add garlic and chili to the mortar. Remove the seeds from the chili to avoid extra heat in the salad. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and grind the mixture into a fine paste. Add fish sauce and palm sugar, and lime juice to the mixture. Mix them using a spoon until they combine into a fine paste. Your spicy salad dressing is ready.
3. Add veggies to salad
Add sliced radish, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, and shredded onions, lettuce leaves, mint leaves to the bowl. Add salad dressing to the bowl and mix them. Cut thick slices of beef and place them on top of these veggies.
4. Finish with roasted nuts
Roast nuts in another saucepan, sprinkle some salt, and roughly chop them. Scatter these peanuts over the salad. Drizzle the salad dressing over it and serve.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||5601 IU|
|Vitamin C||34 mg|
How Will Beef Salad Look and Taste?
So finally, we’re done with the procedure for Gordon Ramsay’s beef salad. This salad looks incredibly colorful and delicious. Garlic and chili work brilliantly in adding a spicy flavor to the salad. A single bite of the salad is loaded with the flavors of salad dressing and peanuts. The veggies in the salad give a punch of nutrition song with savory flavors.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Salad Recipe
- 17.6 ounce Beef Sirloin Steaks
- 2 Carrots (trimmed and peeled)
- 6 Radishes (trimmed and sliced)
- 7 ounce Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Banana Shallot (peeled and sliced)
- 3 Spring Onions (trimmed and shredded)
- 1/2 Large Cucumber (trimmed, peeled, deseeded, and sliced)
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuce (shredded)
- Mint Leaves (shredded)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons Skinned Peanuts (to garnish)
For Thai Style Dressing
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Red Chili
- 2 teaspoon Palm Sugar Paste (use golden caster sugar)
- 3 tablespoon Fish Sauce (to taste)
- Lime Juice
- Season the beef on both sides with salt and pepper. Add oil to a saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes over high heat (medium-rare). When cooked according to your choice, remove it from the heat and keep it aside to cool for few minutes. Pour the remaining juice from the saucepan on the steak.
- For the dressing, add garlic and chili to a mortar. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and grind to form the paste. Add palm sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce to it and grind. Add a few more drops of lime juice if needed according to your taste.
- Cut carrots into ribbons using a peeler. Place these in a bowl with radishes, tomatoes, mint, shallots, chopped spring onions, chopped cucumber, and lettuce leaves. Add about 6 tablespoons of dressing to the bowl and mix well until combined.
- Cut thick slices of the steak. Toast skinned peanuts in another saucepan and roughly chop the peanuts. Now, place the steak pieces on the salad, scatter the peanuts, and drizzle the salad dressing on top.