You know the newest trend is to ‘lettuce wrap’ everything. Going along with the trend, here is the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s beef lettuce wrap. The wrap is made by filling the lettuce leaves with a crispy mince with a delicious dressing drizzled over it (pardon the alliteration).
I suggest you use crunchy and fresh lettuce for the wraps. This makes for a great wrap. Also, you might probably know this, but try using a big leaf. This will also help you to wrap it better with generous fillings. Even though all of this is common knowledge, I thought I would give you a quick revision.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s beef lettuce wraps, cook minced beef and pork together in a pan until crisp. Then, cook ginger, garlic, and chili in oil. Add the cooked mince to it. Also, add fish oil, chives, lemon juice, and zest to it and stir. Then, make the dressing. Pour some of the mince mixtures into a lettuce leaf, drizzle some dressing over it, and serve.
This is a short rundown of the Gordon Ramsay recipe for beef lettuce wraps. Find the whole recipe in the recipe card below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Baked Chicken– Looking for a healthy alternative to cook chicken? Try the baked chicken recipe from Gordon Ramsay. You will never go back to the conventional chicken cooking methods.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Beer Bread– The beer bread recipe from Gordon Ramsay is his take on the Irish soda bread bread. it is quite easy to make and a must-try.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Omelette– If you are looking for a foolproof omelette recipe that will help you to kickstart your day, then try Gordon Ramsay’s rendition.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Pork Tenderloin-The crispy pork will make you fall in love with this recipe. It is quite an elegant dish you can cook to impress someone special.
Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 200 g Lean Beef (minced)
- 200 g Pork (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 5 cm piece of Ginger (peeled, chopped)
- 2 Red Chilies (deseeded, chopped)
- 3 Spring Onions (chopped)
- 2 Little Gem Lettuce (leaves separated)
- Juice of ⅓ Lemon
- 1 Lemon (zested)
- Olive Oil (for frying)
- Toasted Sesame Oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
For The Dressing
- ½ Red Chili (sliced)
- A small bunch of Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- In a bowl, mix the minced beef and pork and season it the salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add the meat mixture to it. Cook this mixture for about 6-7 minutes until it is brown and cooked. Then, sieve this mixture, so it stays crispy.
- To the same pan, add the sesame oil and heat it. Add ginger, garlic, chilly, salt, and pepper to it and fry them for about 2 minutes. Then, add the cooked meat mince to it, and stir.
- After that, pour some fish oil over them and stir. Then, stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and spring onions, and then remove the pan from heat.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, red chili, coriander leaves, fish sauce, brown sugar, and olive oil.
- Now, take a lettuce leaf, spoon the meat mixture into it and drizzle some dressing over it. Wrap it and your beef lettuce wrap is ready.