If you are looking for a bougie and elegant starter dish, your quest ends here. Gordon Ramsay’s beef carpaccio is everything a dish should be; delicious, beautiful, and easy to make. Serve the sliced meat with a delicious pickled radish and yuzu vinaigrette and you are good to go.
Beef carpaccio is a dish in which meat is generally served raw. Gordon Ramsay’s personal touch makes this dish even more delicious. This Italian dish can also be recreated with fish, veal, and even steak.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s beef carpaccio, pickle the radishes, carrots, fennel, and jalapenos in a vinegar mixture. Then, make the yuzu vinaigrette by mixing yuzu juice, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, oil, and lemon zest. After that, refrigerate the meat for 2 hours. Then, slice it and pound it until paper-thin. Serve the meat with the pickle and vinaigrette.
This is just a little sneak peek of the recipe by chef Ramsay and is void of many details. Find the recipe below to fill in the blanks. This version doesn’t tell you about the whole recipe, rather gives you a snippet of it. If you want to know the whole recipe, look below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes That You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Beer Bread
- Gordon Ramsay Grilled Cheese
- Gordon Ramsay Frittata
- Gordon Ramsay Chocolate Tart
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Salad
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Gordon Ramsay Pork Tenderloin
- Gordon Ramsay Potato Boulangere
- Gordon Ramsay Baked chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Stir Fry
Gordon Ramsay’s Beef Carpaccio Recipe
- Plastic Wrap
- Meat Mallet
For Pickled Radish, Fennel, and Carrots
- 3 Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (thinly sliced)
- ½ bulb Fennel (thinly sliced)
- 1 small clove Garlic (smashed)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoon Cilantro (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 6 tablespoons White Vinegar (distilled)
- 6 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Whole Mustard Seeds
- 2 ½ tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
For Yuzu Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Yuzu Juice
- ½ tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For Beef Carpaccio
- 10 ounces Beef Tenderloin
For Pickled Radish, Fennel, and Carrot
- In a saucepan, add vinegar, mustard seeds, sugar, and salt. Heat them until everything dissolves and then remove the pan from heat.
- In a bowl, add radishes, carrots, fennel, jalapenos, garlic, and black peppercorns. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and fold in the cilantro.
- Put this mixture in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
For Yuzu Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, add yuzu juice, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Then, slowly add oil and keep stirring. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
For The Beef Carpaccio
- Wrap the beef in plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After that, thinly slice the meat and lay it on another plastic wrap.
- Lay plastic wrap on top of it as well and pound the meat with a meat mallet until it becomes thin like paper.
- Place the carpaccio on serving plates and top with pickled radishes and some yuzu vinaigrette.