Gordon Ramsay’s Barbecue sauce is bold, tangy, and sweet. I found this easy homemade barbeque recipe god-dam easy and delicious. This Gordon Ramsay’s barbecue sauce turned me from a barbeque nay-er to a barbeque say-er.
Onion, cumin, garlic powder, pepper, and other sauces are the go-to flavors for emulsifying the barbecue sauce taste. This sauce is used as a marinade, or the topping for chicken, meat, pork, burgers, sandwiches and with many other Gordon Ramsay recipes. Making this barbeque sauce at home is so easy. You’ll wonder why you ever bought it!
The sauce also has some delicious Worcestershire sauce for that umami flavor. In case, you have run out of Worcestershire sauce, just choose any of its substitutes. Here is a list of Worcestershire sauce substitutes for you.
Are you all geared up to fire up the grill but you don’t have the sauce? Never mind, it just takes 15 minutes to make a fresh, sweet, and smoky sauce. Acquiring the balance of flavors in your sauce is a challenge.
This is where this recipe for BBQ sauce from Gordon Ramsay will be your knight in shining armor. Check out the entire recipe to understand the drill to make it. You can also find a similar video for reference below.
What's In The Post
Other Gordon Ramsay Recipes You Can Try
- Gordon Ramsay Bread Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Simple Marinara Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass Pepper Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Beer Carpaccio
- Gordon Ramsay Turkey Breast
- Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken
- Gordon Ramsay Cranberry Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Parsnip Puree
- Gordon Ramsay Sea Bass With Sorrel Sauce
- Gordon Ramsay Beef Stew
What Equipment Will You need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Barbecue Sauce?
- Pan – To sauté the ingredients all together, use a non-stick pan.
- Knife – Chop onions and garlic finely in small pieces.
- Spatula – It is important to have a flat spatula to mix the ingredients properly.
- Serving bowl – Once the sauce is ready, add it to the serving bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Barbecue Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Barbecue Sauce?
- Onion – Add the chopped onion to a pre-heated pan. Cook it until it gets brown. It provides an extra flavor punch of sweetness.
- Garlic – Take one onion and three cloves of garlic. Chop it finely to give a sweet and tangy flavor.
- Brown sugar – Add a teaspoon of brown sugar for little caramelization in the sauce. It gives a nice syrupy consistency to the sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce – Add Worcestershire sauce for a unique flavor of vinegar, molasses, tamarind, garlic. Moreover, it contains several essential vitamins and minerals.
- Tomato Ketchup – It is a base for the barbeque sauce. It is added for the thick consistency of the sauce.
- Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar will help you to reserve the leftover sauce for your next culinary adventure. Adding it to the sauces, chutneys, could enhance its flavor.
- Smoked paprika – It is an important ingredient that I love to use. A fantastic smoky base that gives a smoldering warmth and a spicy flavor aftertaste.
- Salt and Pepper – Season salt and roasted black pepper to the sauce to get a little touch of springy taste.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Barbeque Sauce
Drizzle a little olive oil on a pre-heated pan. Add finely chopped three cloves of garlic and onion. Sauté them, add one teaspoon of brown sugar for caramelizing the sauce.
Simultaneously, add a splash of water and a teaspoon of smoked paprika for a unique smokiness in the sauce. Blend it nicely and let it soak the water.
Once the water is soaked, add Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup. Season it with salt and black pepper. Mix all the sauces and spices well. Simmer the flame for 5-10 minutes and bring it to a proper boil. The drill is to cook the spices well, not to burn them.
The time for boiling can completely depend on the consistency you require. I don’t want it to be either soggy or thicker. So, I blanched it for only 5 minutes. Here I am ready to gobble Gordon Ramsay’s Smokey barbeque sauce!
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Barbeque Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Using lusciously thick barbeque dip sauce with sliders or chicken wings brings outa sweet, tangy, yet smoky flavor. The beauty of this Barbecue sauce recipe is that It’s flexible and simple.
It is designed to complement the grilled sliders, burgers, and sandwiches. The shine and glaze of the sauce are more earthy and mushy.
Gordon Ramsay’s Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Serving Bowl
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 3 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Chop one onion and three cloves of garlic. Sauté them in a pre-heated pan. Add brown sugar powder. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika for a smoky flavor. Then add Worcestershire sauce and tomato ketchup for desired consistency.
- Add apple cider vinegar to achieve a tangy, and fruity taste.
- The last step is to season the sauce with salt and ground pepper.
- Here we are ready with our Gordon Ramsay's Barbecue sauce recipe.
Try this one surely! Let me know how it goes in the comments section below.