If you are looking for a healthy yet hearty recipe to make for dinner, I suggest you make Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken. The chicken is coated with tarragon butter and slow-roasted in the oven. The stuffing for the chicken is mashed along with roasted garlic, dressing, and lemon. The baked chicken is served with lettuce, spinach, and avocado salad.
This recipe is relatively easy to make but is a bit time-consuming. You can rest while the chicken is in the oven. The salad and the dressing take less than 5 minutes to make. The salad complements the buttery, golden, and crispy chicken perfectly.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken, coat the chicken with tarragon butter and salt and pepper. Stuff the chicken with chickpea, chilies, lemon zest stuffing, and a whole lemon. Cook the chicken along with halved garlic halves for about an hour and 45 minutes. In a bowl, add lettuce, spinach, and avocado and pour the dressing over the salad. Serve the baked chicken with mashed stuffing and salad.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding– Slathered with light toffee sauce and vanilla bean ice-cream, this dessert will leave you wanting for more. Try making this at your home for your friends and family.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Chops– The lamb chops are lightly seared and then basted with herbs and garlic butter. This recipe will be loved among your family members.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Bangers And Mash– Bangers and mash is a British classic recipe that can be looked in no time. The balsamic vinegar is perfect to add a sweet yet astringent flavor to the dish.
Gordon Ramsay’s Baked Chicken
- Roasting Tin
- 1 large (2 kg) Chicken (giblets removed)
- A small bunch of Tarragon Leaves (chopped)
- 200 g Butter (at room temperature)
- 3 heads Garlic (halved horizontally)
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 400g tin Cooked Chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 2 Red Chilies (sliced)
- 1 Lemon (zested)
- 3 sprigs Thyme Leaves
- Olive Oil
- 1 Butter Lettuce (washed)
- 1 Lollo Rosso Lettuce (washed)
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 1 Ripe Avocado (peeled, stoned, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Runny Honey
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Then, season the chicken from the inside. In a bowl, add melted butter, tarragon, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Rub this butter over and under the skin of the chicken.
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, chilies, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and some olive oil and mix well. Add this stuffing to the chicken cavity and place a whole lemon in it.
- In a roasting pan, add the garlic heads and place the chicken over them. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until it just starts to crisp.
- Then, decrease the temperature of the oven to 180℃ and roast the chicken for about 1½ hours until it is perfectly cooked and golden.
- Take out the lemon from the cavity and then take out the stuffing and put it on a plate. Cover the chicken in foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- For the salad, add the teared-up lettuce leaves, avocado, and spinach. Mix vinegar, olive oil, honey, and mustard in a bowl and drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the salad.
- Add the garlic from the roasting pan to the stuffing bowl and squeeze half a lemon over it as well. Mix it and then mash it. Add a tablespoon of oil to this and mix.
- Serve the baked chicken with mashed stuffing and the salad.