If you are looking for a healthy yet hearty recipe to make for dinner, I suggest you make Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken. The chicken is coated with tarragon butter and slow-roasted in the oven. The stuffing for the chicken is mashed along with roasted garlic, dressing, and lemon. The baked chicken is served with lettuce, spinach, and avocado salad.
This recipe is relatively easy to make and takes time to cook. However, the wait is worth trying the delicious goodness. You can rest while the chicken is in the oven. The salad and the dressing take less than 5 minutes to make. The salad compliments the buttery, golden, and crispy chicken perfectly.
To make Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken, coat the chicken with tarragon butter, salt, and pepper. Stuff the chicken with chickpea, chilies, lemon zest stuffing, and a whole lemon. Cook the chicken along with halved garlic halves for about an hour and 45 minutes. In a bowl, add lettuce, spinach, and avocado, and pour the dressing over the salad.
Serve the baked chicken with mashed stuffing and salad. Make a knockoff recipe of Gordon Ramsay right in your kitchen. This was just an overview of the recipe. Follow the article and find out the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions to make Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Sticky Toffee Pudding– Slathered with light toffee sauce and vanilla bean ice cream, this dessert will leave you wanting more. Try making this at your home for your friends and family.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Lamb Chops– The lamb chops are lightly seared and then basted with herbs and garlic butter. This recipe will be loved by your family members.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Bangers And Mash– Bangers and mash is a British classic recipe that can be looked at in no time. The balsamic vinegar is perfect to add a sweet yet astringent flavor to the dish.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken?
- Knife – Carve the cavity of the chicken with a sharp knife.
- Bowls – Take one bowl to combine the chickpeas with other elements and the other to toss the salad.
- Baking Tray – Bake or roast the chicken on a baking tray.
- Saucepan – Boil the chickpeas in a saucepan.
- Spatula – Combine the softened butter with thyme using a spatula.
- Oven – Bake the chicken in the oven.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||1 Hour 30 Minutes||2 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken?
- Chicken – Take full crown chicken to make Ramsay’s style baked chicken. Remove the giblets from the crown and carve the cavity to add the stuffing.
- Tarragon Leaves – Bring out bittersweet flavors by adding tarragon leaves to the butter.
- Butter – Add half a cup of softened butter mixed with tarragon to the cavity of the chicken.
- Garlic – Place some garlic cloves in the baking tray for aromatic flavors.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil all over the crown chicken. It will keep the chicken moist.
- Sea Salt – Season the chicken with a pinch of salt.
- Parsley – Garnish the cooked chicken with freshly chopped parsley.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper sprinkled on top of the chicken will add a peppery touch.
- Boiled Chickpeas – Drain the excess water from the boiled chickpeas. For stuffing the cavity of chicken we have used Ramsay’s style chickpeas. You can stuff it with your choice of elements.
- Red Chilies – Spice up the chickpeas by adding fresh sliced red chilies.
- Lemon Zest – Add lemon zest to the chickpeas for a fragrant and aromatic tang.
- Thyme Leaves – Shred some thyme leaves in the chickpeas mixture and mix it well to enhance the minty flavors.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil into the chickpeas so that they are not dried easily.
- Butter Lettuce – For preparing the salad add butter lettuce. It has a silky and soft texture.
- Lollo Rosso Lettuce – Bring out nutty aromatic sharpness to the salad by adding Lollo Rosso lettuce.
- Baby Spinach – Add a few sprigs of baby spinach to the salad.
- Ripe Avocado – Avocado will add slightly buttery and nutty flavors to the salad.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Complex flavors are exploded with a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard – Make the salad dressing tangy with a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- Runny Honey – Honey will balance the flavors and brings out a subtle sweetness to the salad.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Virgin oil added to the dressing retains the moisture and results in a smooth and soft texture of the dressing.
- Lemon Juice – Extra tangy flavors will be enhanced with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the salad dressing with a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken
1. Initial Step
Clean the crown chicken and remove the giblets. Carve the cavity in between to fill it up with the chickpeas stuffing. Then, boil the chickpeas using a saucepan. Meanwhile, gather the elements on the table.
2. Prepare The Filing
Begin to prepare the filing for adding in the cavity of the chicken. In a bowl, add boiled chickpeas, and season them with salt and pepper. Add sliced red chilies, lemon zest, thyme, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it well. Further, in a separate bowl, add softened butter and tarragon leaves. Combine the butter with the leaves evenly. Add the butter, lemon, and chickpeas mixture to the cavity.
3. Chicken Is Ready To Go In The Oven
Smother a teaspoon of olive oil all over the skin of the chicken. Then, grease the baking tray with a splash of olive oil, and place the crown chicken in the tray. Add garlic cloves to the baking tray for aromatic flavors. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the baking tray in the preheated oven to bake at 180℃ for 1 hour.
4. Salad In Making
Moving forward, when half of the time is over, begin to prepare the salad. For the dressing, whisk balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and virgin olive oil in a separate bowl. Tear butter lettuce, and baby spinach in a bowl. Add sliced ripe avocado and pour the salad dressing on the top. Toss the salad and mix to combine evenly.
5. Put Together
Remove the baking tray from the oven when the chicken is baked to perfection. Garnish the chicken with some fresh parsley and serve with the Ramsay-style salad. Enjoy this full-fledged meal with your tweaks. Happy cooking!
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
How Will Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken is a full-fledged and satiating meal. It is filled with flavored chickpeas, perfumed butter, and aromatic spices. All in all, the flavors are well infused and taste delicious.
Gordon Ramsay Baked Chicken
- 1 large (2 kg) Chicken (giblets removed)
- A small bunch of Tarragon Leaves (chopped)
- 200 g Butter (at room temperature)
- 3 heads Garlic (halved horizontally)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Parsley (Freshly chopped)
- 1 400g tin Cooked Chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 2 Red Chilies (sliced)
- 1 Lemon (zested)
- 3 sprigs Thyme Leaves
- Olive Oil
- 1 Butter Lettuce (washed)
- 1 Lollo Rosso Lettuce (washed)
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 1 Ripe Avocado (peeled, stoned, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Runny Honey
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Then, season the chicken from the inside. In a bowl, add melted butter, tarragon, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Rub this butter over and under the skin of the chicken.
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, chilies, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and some olive oil and mix well. Add this stuffing to the chicken cavity and place a whole lemon in it.
- In a roasting pan, add the garlic heads and place the chicken over them. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until it just starts to crisp.
- Then, decrease the temperature of the oven to 180℃ and roast the chicken for about 1½ hours until it is perfectly cooked and golden.
- Take out the lemon from the cavity and then take out the stuffing and put it on a plate. Cover the chicken in foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- For the salad, add the teared-up lettuce leaves, avocado, and spinach. Mix vinegar, olive oil, honey, and mustard in a bowl and drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the salad.
- Add the garlic from the roasting pan to the stuffing bowl and squeeze half a lemon over it as well. Mix it and then mash it. Add a tablespoon of oil to this and mix.
- Serve the baked chicken with mashed stuffing and the salad.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What temp does Gordon Ramsay cook chicken?
Gordon Ramsay Cooks the chicken at 425 degrees F°for 1 hour.
Should you wash chicken Gordon Ramsay?
Yes, Gordon Ramsay suggests washing chicken before you go ahead and cook.
How do you make the dry chicken moist?
Add chicken stock or broth liquid to impart flavor and moisture back to the dry chicken.
Why are chicken thighs better than breasts?
Chicken thighs are way more flavorful than chicken breasts.
Prepare Gordon Ramsay’s baked chicken in your kitchen with us. Check out the full article above and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.